THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (Song of Solomon Chapter 1 to 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Song of Solomon 7:12 (NLT)
Let us get up early and go to the vineyards
to see if the grapevines have budded,
if the blossoms have opened ,
and if the pomegranates have bloomed.
There I will give you my love.

Song of Solomon 7:13 (NLT)
There the mandrake give off their fragrance,
and the finest fruits are at our door,
new delights as well as old,
which I have saved for you, my lover.

Song of Solomon 8:1 (NLT)
Oh, I wish you were my brother,
who nursedhat my mother's breasts.
Then I could kiss you no matter who was watching,
and no one would criticize me.

Song of Solomon 8:2 (NLT) - 2 I would bring you to my childhood home,and there you would teach me. I would give you spiced wine to drink, my sweet pomegranate wine.

Song of Solomon 8:5 (NLT) - 5 Young Women of Jerusalem - Who is this sweeping in from the desert, leaning on her lover? Young women - I aroused you under the apple tree,where your mother gave you birth,where in great pain she delivered you.

Song of Solomon 8:6 (NLT)

6 Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm. For love is as strong as death, its jealousy as enduring as the grave. Love flashes like fire, the brightest kind of flame.

Song of Solomon 8:7 (NLT) - 7 Many waters cannot quench love, nor can rivers drown it. If a man tried to buy love with all his wealth, his offer would be utterly scorned.

Song of Solomon 8:8 (NLT) - 8 The Young Woman’s Brothers - We have a little sister too young to have breasts. What will we do for our sister if someone asks to marry her?

Song of Solomon 8:9 (NLT) - 9 If she is a virgin, like a wall, we will protect her with a silver tower. But if she is promiscuous, like a swinging door, we will block her door with a cedar bar.

Song of Solomon 8:10 (NLT) - 10 I was a virgin, like a wall; now my breasts are like towers. When my lover looks at me, he is delighted with what he sees.

Song of Solomon 8:11 (NLT) - 11 Solomon has a vineyard at Baal-hamon, which he leases out to tenant farmers. Each of them pays a thousand pieces of silver for harvesting its fruit.

Song of Solomon 8:12 (NLT) - 12 But my vineyard is mine to give, and Solomon need not pay a thousand pieces of silver. But I will give two hundred pieces to those who care for its vines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back