The Blessing of God's Creating Birds

I'm also a keen bird watcher, and I recently had to have a rethink. Why am I so complacent when it comes to common birds, and so excited when I see something 'rarer'. Surely they're all God's beautiful creatures. And most of the time, it's mankind that makes them rarer!

I hope the bald eagle makes it. I'd love to actually see one...

I'm also a keen bird watcher, and I recently had to have a rethink. Why am I so complacent when it comes to common birds, and so excited when I see something 'rarer'. Surely they're all God's beautiful creatures. And most of the time, it's mankind that makes them rarer!

There are many bald eagles and golden eagles yet in Canada and Alaska in case you are blessed to ever go that way especially by ship/cruise along the coast of Western Canada. We have many here in Washington State too. Yes, I find the backyard birds who visit our feeders and bathe in our bird bath change with the seasons. Yet, some simply live here and count on us all year long for feed and water. Some even make nests in our birdhouses and raise their little ones. I find them fascinating. We don't have cardinals but when I saw one while hiking and looking for birds near Tucson, AZ some years ago I considered that a rare sighting. (for me). Love all of them. I love the way Jesus referred to the birds in his stories too.

There are many bald eagles and golden eagles yet in Canada and Alaska in case you are blessed to ever go that way especially by ship/cruise along the coast of Western Canada. We have many here in Washington State too. Yes, I find the backyard birds who visit our feeders and bathe in our bird bath change with the seasons. Yet, some simply live here and count on us all year long for feed and water. Some even make nests in our birdhouses and raise their little ones. I find them fascinating. We don't have cardinals but when I saw one while hiking and looking for birds near Tucson, AZ some years ago I considered that a rare sighting. (for me). Love all of them. I love the way Jesus referred to the birds in his stories too.

I'm coming to visit. Watch out for an English woman with binoculars, lurking in your back garden :)

I love birds, too. We have big red cardinals all over our area. I just saw one the other day on my fence. I love to hear them sing. It makes me so happy.

OK I'll be lurking in your back garden too:):):)

I am removing the only real tree in my backyard with branches. I hate to do it because these cute little birds sit in there and chirp. However, it's shedding it's leaves so badly into my pool. I have no idea on earth why the previous owners put a crepe myrtle tree over a pool..... I do have a really tall mexican fan palm tree. sometimes birds nest at the very top. i love nature and animals.

I am removing the only real tree in my backyard with branches. I hate to do it because these cute little birds sit in there and chirp. However, it's shedding it's leaves so badly into my pool. I have no idea on earth why the previous owners put a crepe myrtle tree over a pool..... I do have a really tall mexican fan palm tree. sometimes birds nest at the very top. i love nature and animals.

LOL I revise my plan. I'll be lurking (in suitable swimwear) :cool:

Something to think about when we see all birds is to remember how they never do without. In Matthew Jesus tells us that they are all taken very well care of by our Heavenly Father. And as we seek first His kingdom, He will do the same for us... we just have to have the confidence (faith) that He will and desires to... and according to Matthew 6:33 He does :)

Something to think about when we see all birds is to remember how they never do without. In Matthew Jesus tells us that they are all taken very well care of by our Heavenly Father. And as we seek first His kingdom, He will do the same for us... we just have to have the confidence (faith) that He will and desires to... and according to Matthew 6:33 He does :)
One day after I moved into my new house (after my divorce was final) around 30 or more birds came into my backyard near my swimming pool and just played in the water and were chirping and singing. It made me so happy. It did bless me in my heart and made me feel so good. they are most definitely wonderful creatures.

One day after I moved into my new house (after my divorce was final) around 30 or more birds came into my backyard near my swimming pool and just played in the water and were chirping and singing. It made me so happy. It did bless me in my heart and made me feel so good. they are most definitely wonderful creatures.

Every morning I thank God for allowing me to hear the knes outside sing.. their voices are so beautiful ! And like you it brings a smile to my face :)

Every morning I thank God for allowing me to hear the knes outside sing.. their voices are so beautiful ! And like you it brings a smile to my face :)

OMG, last night I was in the house watching tv with my sister. All of a sudden my dogs jumped up, I jumped up and my sister jumped up. Something hit the side of my house. We all ran outside. The only logical thing we could come up with is that a bird flew into the back of the house and then just went about it's business.. lol Freaked me out, but then it was just funny. Poor bird.

Come on over...across the pond! :D

LOL, thanks sandpiper! It really tickles my sense of humour to think of you doing the dishes one morning and spying me bird watching in your garden. I'd hope you'd invite me in for a cup of tea:)

The birds here have gone bonkers (again!). We're having very hot weather for the UK, and my bedroom window is constantly open. Dawn comes at around 4:30am, and I live by the coast. So the sound of seagulls screaming wakes me up every morning. Aaaagh! It's much louder than someone playing music etc. I wonder if I could report them for anti-social behaviour:D

Or maybe I should just get up coz it's dawn???:rolleyes:

What I also find fascinating about birds is their singing. I live in the middle of a sea-side town and there are so many other noises going on, I just don't listen, but when I take 2 x steps to the park, the sound of bird song, first thing in the morning, is deafening. Apart from the aforementioned seagulls, the sound is orchestral. I agree with CT & CD, it lifts the spirits. I'm sure this was the inspiration for human beings to make music.

I'm also amazed, that in the midst of all this human architecture, there are still so many birds.

I'm really glad there are:)

PS Thanks for moving this subject from @Abdicates thread. I totally hi-jacked it with my random thoughts. But that's what I like about this site, it makes me think, and there's always a moderator to moderate:)

Blessings

Annie x

Last edited:
What I also find fascinating about birds is their singing. I live in the middle of a sea-side town and there are so many other noises going on, I just don't listen, but when I take 2 x steps to the park, the sound of bird song, first thing in the morning, is deafening. Apart from the aforementioned seagulls, the sound is orchestral. I agree with CT & CD, it lifts the spirits. I'm sure this was the inspiration for human beings to make music.

I'm also amazed, that in the midst of all this human architecture, there are still so many birds.

I'm really glad there are:)

PS Thanks for moving this subject from @Abdicates thread. I totally hi-jacked it with my random thoughts. But that's what I like about this site, it makes me think, and there's always a moderator to moderate:)

Blessings

Annie x

You are so very fortunate. I would love to live that close to the water and to wake up hearing Birds. How much fun is that? You are so fortunate..... I am jealous. Here is a random comment... lol

One day my sister, my niece and I were going into our favorite breakfast restaurant for brunch. All these black birds were nesting in nearby trees that were right next to the entrance of this restaurant. Every time someone would walk out of the restaurant the birds would get agitated and fly at them and peck their heads. I know I sound mean, but I swear I have never laughed so hard.
My sister and I walked out first and got into the car. We watched as my niece walked out, who is also 5'10 flat footed (she is a tall gal). This black bird dived at her head and followed her all the way to the car trying so hard to peck her head. She was so scared, but laughing at the same time and started running to the car. My sister and I sat in that car and laughed until we were crying. It was hilarious. We sat in that car for 30 minutes more just watching those birds peck at people. Some of the reactions were hilariously funny.

You are so very fortunate. I would love to live that close to the water and to wake up hearing Birds. How much fun is that? You are so fortunate..... I am jealous. Here is a random comment... lol

One day my sister, my niece and I were going into our favorite breakfast restaurant for brunch. All these black birds were nesting in nearby trees that were right next to the entrance of this restaurant. Every time someone would walk out of the restaurant the birds would get agitated and fly at them and peck their heads. I know I sound mean, but I swear I have never laughed so hard.
My sister and I walked out first and got into the car. We watched as my niece walked out, who is also 5'10 flat footed (she is a tall gal). This black bird dived at her head and followed her all the way to the car trying so hard to peck her head. She was so scared, but laughing at the same time and started running to the car. My sister and I sat in that car and laughed until we were crying. It was hilarious. We sat in that car for 30 minutes more just watching those birds peck at people. Some of the reactions were hilariously funny.

LOL The birds were protecting their babies.

When my youngest boy was at infants school (he was about 5 years old), some sea gulls built a nest on top of his class's entrance to the school building. So every morning when the teacher came out to get her class, the mother would swoop down and try to 'kill' her! She decided to make a class project, to design a sea gull proof hat for her:ROFLMAO: She was a really good teacher! However, we did actually move to the other side of the building to drop off our kids, for about a month, until the baby gulls learned to fly and the nest was gone!

We all try to protect our babies...

LOL The birds were protecting their babies.

When my youngest boy was at infants school (he was about 5 years old), some sea gulls built a nest on top of his class's entrance to the school building. So every morning when the teacher came out to get her class, the mother would swoop down and try to 'kill' her! She decided to make a class project, to design a sea gull proof hat for her:ROFLMAO: She was a really good teacher! However, we did actually move to the other side of the building to drop off our kids, for about a month, until the baby gulls learned to fly and the nest was gone!

We all try to protect our babies...
Yes, they were nesting all around that restaurant. It was hilariously funny watching them.
I bet those kids thought that was fun.

I love birds. Each year I allow swallows to nest under my second story deck. The first time they see me they are upset and dive bomb me, but they quickly learn that my little dogs and I are no threat to their babies. I do wish, however, that when God created them that he taught them not to poop while in flight on me or my car (LOL). They are small creatures in a big world so I guess this is their only little form of revenge in terms of the big picture. Poop and all, however, they are welcome here. I also have a family of owls who sit on the roof above my open bedroom window at night in the summer and call to each other. It is the most beautiful sound. Because we have so many owls and red-tailed hawks around here, we cannot use poison to kill gophers or voles. This year a weasel moved in to clean out the voles and we just use a .22 rifle to deal with the gophers. If a bird of prey eats poisoned prey and survives, they become blind. All the farmers and ranchers around here are of the same mind and would NEVER cause any harm to these remarkable hunting birds, so they too simply shoot them or use vole traps if they aren't blessed with a weasel.

Last edited:
I love birds. Each year I allow swallows to nest under my second story deck. The first time they see me they are upset and dive bomb me, but they quickly learn that my little dogs and I are no threat to their babies. I do wish, however, that when God created them that he taught them not to poop while in flight on me or my car (LOL).
The stellar blue jays are culprits here. They chase off the smaller birds and even scare cats with their incessant noise. Yesterday two got in a fight on the roof over our porch outside. Finally one won and knocked the other into a tree next to the house. He or she went tumbling then onto my roofed deck onto one of my plants. It was funny but still....they can be big pests. Last year one got into our enclosed porch area and tore up and ate the sack of bird seed we had stored there. Found a crack in which to get in which was almost impossible or so I thought! :D I now store the seed in the house. And I watch they don't get in and try that again.

I love birds. Each year I allow swallows to nest under my second story deck. The first time they see me they are upset and dive bomb me, but they quickly learn that my little dogs and I are no threat to their babies. I do wish, however, that when God created them that he taught them not to poop while in flight on me or my car (LOL).
The stellar blue jays are culprits here. They chase off the smaller birds and even scare cats with their incessant noise. Yesterday two got in a fight on the roof over our porch outside. Finally one won and knocked the other into a tree next to the house. He or she went tumbling then onto my roofed deck onto one of my plants. It was funny but still....they can be big pests. Last year one got into our enclosed porch area and tore up and ate the sack of bird seed we had stored there. Found a crack in which to get in which was almost impossible or so I thought! :D I now store the seed in the house. And I watch they don't get in and try that again.

Back