The Book Of Enoch

Why was it banned from the christian bible? Very little is mention in the bible about the angels who rebelled

The book of Enoch (ok its the history channel you have been warned)
History Channel: The Book of Enoch Banned From the Bible
short version
The fall of the rebel angels who came down to earth to have intercourse with woman, resulting in giants being born. The Angels also taught men magic and how to make weapons of war. God cast the angels down to the pits for going against Gods will, they were once the watchers of the Earth.

I remeber the fist time i came across these books i was in my early 20's and mesmerise by these books couldn't put it down so to speak. Macabees, Esther, Tobias Judith Susanna, all good books worthy to be in the bible IMHO.

Who gave the authority to ban these books from the bible the Vatican? pope back in that time, God? Seems to me they should of left them in for readers to make their own judgement. These books is what got me into reading the bible.

I have been trying to find the bible that still contains these books they must be rare cause i haven't had any luck yet.

Banned books
Esdras
2 Esdras
Additions to Esther
1 Macabees
2 Macabees
Tobias
Judith
Wisdom
Sirach
Baruch
Epistle of Jeremiah
Susanna
Prayer of Azariah
Prayer of Manasseh
Bel and the Dragon
Laodiceans

The First Book of Adam and Eve
The Second Book of Adam and Eve
The Book of the Secrets of Enoch
The Psalms of Solomon
The Odes of Solomon
The Letter of Aristeas
Fourth Book of Maccabees
The Story of Ahikar
The Testaments of the Twelve Patriarchs
Testament of Reuben
Testament of Simeon
Testament of Levi
The Testament of Judah
The Testament of Issachar
The Testament of Zebulun
The Testament of Dan
The Testament of Naphtali
The Testament Of Gad
The Testament of Asher
The Testament of Joseph
The Testament of Benjamin

Why was it banned from the christian bible? Very little is mention in the bible about the angels who rebelled

The book of Enoch (ok its the history channel you have been warned)
History Channel: The Book of Enoch Banned From the Bible
short version
The fall of the rebel angels who came down to earth to have intercourse with woman, resulting in giants being born. The Angels also taught men magic and how to make weapons of war. God cast the angels down to the pits for going against Gods will, they were once the watchers of the Earth.

I remeber the fist time i came across these books i was in my early 20's and mesmerise by these books couldn't put it down so to speak. Macabees, Esther, Tobias Judith Susanna, all good books worthy to be in the bible IMHO.

Who gave the authority to ban these books from the bible the Vatican? pope back in that time, God? Seems to me they should of left them in for readers to make their own judgement. These books is what got me into reading the bible.

I have been trying to find the bible that still contains these books they must be rare cause i haven't had any luck yet.

Banned books
Esdras
2 Esdras
Additions to Esther
1 Macabees
2 Macabees
Tobias
Judith
Wisdom
Sirach
Baruch
Epistle of Jeremiah
Susanna
Prayer of Azariah
Prayer of Manasseh
Bel and the Dragon
Laodiceans

The First Book of Adam and Eve
The Second Book of Adam and Eve
The Book of the Secrets of Enoch
The Psalms of Solomon
The Odes of Solomon
The Letter of Aristeas
Fourth Book of Maccabees
The Story of Ahikar
The Testaments of the Twelve Patriarchs
Testament of Reuben
Testament of Simeon
Testament of Levi
The Testament of Judah
The Testament of Issachar
The Testament of Zebulun
The Testament of Dan
The Testament of Naphtali
The Testament Of Gad
The Testament of Asher
The Testament of Joseph
The Testament of Benjamin

Good question and I will try to give you a good answer my friend.
A born-again Christian who has been reading the Bible for several years only needs to read the "Book of Enoch" briefly to know that something is very wrong. There are so many obvious flaws with this alleged missing book of God's Word. It is clear to me that someone copied from the Bible and wrote this garbage.

The same type of mumbo-jumbo can be readily observed in the Qur'an. I do NOT believe that Enoch, who lived during the time period of Genesis, wrote this manuscript. Evidently the King James translators didn't either, and for good reason. The Devil is working relentlessly to corrupt God's Word, as he has been doing since the Garden of Eden, when he caused Eve to doubt God's Word. Satan is so shrewd that he even tried to confuse our Lord by misinterpreting the Scriptures in Matthew 4:1-10. In these apostate times, the Word of God is under attack like never before. The reason why is simple... if Satan can pervert the Word of God into a lie, then he can control the masses!
I will give you ONE example which should be enough. There are many, many more but this one should settle it for everyone.

Enoch 40:9-10
"Seen and whose words I have heard and written down? And he said to me, "This first is Michael the merciful and long suffering; and the second who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men is RAPHAEL; and the third who is set over all the powers is Gaberial; AND THE FOURTH WHO IS SET OVER THE REPENTANCE UNTO HOPE WHO INHERIT ETERNAL LIFE, IS NAMED PHANUEL. And these are the four angels of the Lord and the four voices i Heard in those days".
The Bible never mentions an angel named Phanuel, let alone an angel who is set over the repentance of those who inherit eternal life.

What blasphemy! That statement in itself contradicts everything the Word of God teaches.

We read in 1st Timothy 2:5 that Jesus Christ is the ONLY Mediator between God and men, not some angel named Phanuel... "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

Repentance is strictly between a man and Jesus Christ alone. Only Jesus died for our sins, and shed His blood to pay for them (1st Peter 1:18-19); therefore, we must be diligent to guard and defend against LIARS and imposters who would lead people to believe otherwise. 1st John 2:22 clearly indicts all Christ-deniers as LIARS, guilty before God.

I hope this helps to answer your concerns about the book of Enoch.

There is a lot of imformation on the net about how the Bible was compiled, I suggest you do some reading.
But to the point, there are no "banned books of the Bible". The book of Enoch was never considered to be canonical.
Origen compiled one the first Bibles, and oddly enough his was more or less the same as ours. Various ecumenical councils in the early church decided which books of the many available were "inspired" and which were not.
Most of the non-canonical works were either weird like the book of Enoch, goofy like the Infancies of Christ, or just plain fraudulent like the much pushed Epistle of Barnabas.

Maybe you are all right, but if i hadn't pick up my mothers bible that contain all these books i probably would of never move on to the King James Bible. Back in my early 20's i read about those books over and over the Maccabes are interesting books for anyone to read. I notice in the kj bible there was little mention about the watchers/enoch in Genesis.

And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
And the LORD said, "My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years."
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Genesis 6:1-5

were these books exempted because they dont mention Christ i dont think i ever remember reading about Jesus or the coming of Christ

Tho yes one book Bel and the dragon was like reading some fantasy story i thought.

anyway thanks for clearing that up.

Good question and I will try to give you a good answer my friend.
A born-again Christian who has been reading the Bible for several years only needs to read the "Book of Enoch" briefly to know that something is very wrong. There are so many obvious flaws with this alleged missing book of God's Word. It is clear to me that someone copied from the Bible and wrote this garbage.

I was not a born again christian back then, i was more a lost rebel. so i read anything that came my way. In search of God. Besides how do you define a Born again christian? How does a Born again christian know he is born again? The holy spirit? Or do they just know they're born again.
During my childhood my father was Catholic my mother was Mormon, it was a bit of a twist back then for me anyway one minute i was being dragged to the catholic church for mass the next minute i was at the Mormon church. As a child I put my trust in them both they must be right I thought cause my parents were good honest people. Till i got older then i decided for myself by first reading the Book of Mormon and realising there is something wrong about this book. I also read the JW bible and notice many changes compared to the bible. I started reading the Qur'an and put it down after the first couple of pages and never went back.

Maybe second time around reading these so called banned books i will realise they're all false garbage not worthy to believe in.

I'll tell you one thing at times in my life i have prayed asking for guidance then not long after a Jehovah Witness would come knocking at my door this has happen many times in my life. Is this god answering my pray i would think. Are JW the true church they claim to be? Just the other week i was praying before heading of to work asking God for guidence then just as i finish my prayer i hear a knock on the door and who should be standing there a little old lady looking in her 70's with a brochure about their JW meeting coming up here in New Zealand. Wow! Is it time i heed the message? But every time i go to read their bible or watchtower and awake magazines i cannot take it in. Maybe it just a coincidence.

I was not a born again christian back then, i was more a lost rebel. so i read anything that came my way. In search of God. Besides how do you define a Born again christian? How does a Born again christian know he is born again? The holy spirit? Or do they just know they're born again.
During my childhood my father was Catholic my mother was Mormon, it was a bit of a twist back then for me anyway one minute i was being dragged to the catholic church for mass the next minute i was at the Mormon church. As a child I put my trust in them both they must be right I thought cause my parents were good honest people. Till i got older then i decided for myself by first reading the Book of Mormon and realising there is something wrong about this book. I also read the JW bible and notice many changes compared to the bible. I started reading the Qur'an and put it down after the first couple of pages and never went back.

Maybe second time around reading these so called banned books i will realise they're all false garbage not worthy to believe in.

I'll tell you one thing at times in my life i have prayed asking for guidance then not long after a Jehovah Witness would come knocking at my door this has happen many times in my life. Is this god answering my pray i would think. Are JW the true church they claim to be? Just the other week i was praying before heading of to work asking God for guidence then just as i finish my prayer i hear a knock on the door and who should be standing there a little old lady looking in her 70's with a brochure about their JW meeting coming up here in New Zealand. Wow! Is it time i heed the message? But every time i go to read their bible or watchtower and awake magazines i cannot take it in. Maybe it just a coincidence.

Several good questions.

Lets see what we can do to help you.

A "Born Again Person" is a Christian and you will know that by his/her CHANGED life. When one come to Christ, old things pass away. The liar becomes a Bible study teacher. The drunk becomes a member of a church choir. The adulterer now wants to spend all of their time with their family. The one who whould not darker the door of the church is now a deacon. IT IS ALL ABOUT A CHANGED LIFE!!!

Yes, there is something very wrong with the Book of Mormon as well as the JW's Bible and the Quran. THEY ARE NOT CHRIST CENTERED! For anything pertaining to Christainity to be effective, it must be CHRIST CENTERED.

Jehovah Witness and Moemon's are CULTS my friend. They do not recognize Jesus Christ as the Son of God and as such He is God in the flesh, the God-Man. Salvation is ONLY through Jesus Christ NOT Josheph Smith or the JW's door to door works. BOTH deny the diety of Jesus Christ and that is always the key to understanding.

If it is not Christ centered, it is not of God!

The Bible the JW.s use is the New World Translation. It is the WORST Bible translation ever to be produced. It was produced and translated to fit the JW's theology. The JW's paid the translators to produce it for them only.

Of the 4 people who did the work, NONE of them spoke, read or understood Hebrew or Greek. Between the 4 men who did the work, they had a total of 4 years of college education and non of it was in Biblical Theology.

Stay away from the JW's and Mormon teaching. They will dam your soul.

Allow me to say this to you......put the books down for now. Sit and ask yourself one question.
WHOM DO YOU SAY JESUS THE CHRIST IS???????

Was He born of the virgin Mary?
Did He live a life of no sin?
Did He die on the cross?
Was He burried?
Did He rise from the dead on the 3rd day?
Did He asend to heaven and now sits at the right hand of God the Father?

If you agree with those BIBLE facts, then simply say this prayer.................

"Dear God, I am a sinner. I believe that Jesus is the Christ, that He died to pay MY penality for MY sin. I believe He was burried and rose from the dead and now lives to keep me saved. Please come into my heart and my life and forgive me of my sin and save me to heaven........In Jesus name amen!"

COME TO CHRIST my friend. He waits just on the other side of the door and all you have to do is knock.

Several good questions.

Lets see what we can do to help you.

A "Born Again Person" is a Christian and you will know that by his/her CHANGED life. When one come to Christ, old things pass away. The liar becomes a Bible study teacher. The drunk becomes a member of a church choir. The adulterer now wants to spend all of their time with their family. The one who whould not darker the door of the church is now a deacon. IT IS ALL ABOUT A CHANGED LIFE!!!

Yes, there is something very wrong with the Book of Mormon as well as the JW's Bible and the Quran. THEY ARE NOT CHRIST CENTERED! For anything pertaining to Christainity to be effective, it must be CHRIST CENTERED.

Jehovah Witness and Moemon's are CULTS my friend. They do not recognize Jesus Christ as the Son of God and as such He is God in the flesh, the God-Man. Salvation is ONLY through Jesus Christ NOT Josheph Smith or the JW's door to door works. BOTH deny the diety of Jesus Christ and that is always the key to understanding.

If it is not Christ centered, it is not of God!

The Bible the JW.s use is the New World Translation. It is the WORST Bible translation ever to be produced. It was produced and translated to fit the JW's theology. The JW's paid the translators to produce it for them only.

Of the 4 people who did the work, NONE of them spoke, read or understood Hebrew or Greek. Between the 4 men who did the work, they had a total of 4 years of college education and non of it was in Biblical Theology.

Stay away from the JW's and Mormon teaching. They will dam your soul.

Allow me to say this to you......put the books down for now. Sit and ask yourself one question.
WHOM DO YOU SAY JESUS THE CHRIST IS???????

Was He born of the virgin Mary?
Did He live a life of no sin?
Did He die on the cross?
Was He burried?
Did He rise from the dead on the 3rd day?
Did He asend to heaven and now sits at the right hand of God the Father?

If you agree with those BIBLE facts, then simply say this prayer.................

"Dear God, I am a sinner. I believe that Jesus is the Christ, that He died to pay MY penality for MY sin. I believe He was burried and rose from the dead and now lives to keep me saved. Please come into my heart and my life and forgive me of my sin and save me to heaven........In Jesus name amen!"

COME TO CHRIST my friend. He waits just on the other side of the door and all you have to do is knock.

Totally agree with what you say about the JW's. This is why i have never join their cult. I know in my heart its not the truth no matter what twisted scripture they might throw my way to try and convince me, and dead lord they really try there hardest to convince me.

Was He born of the virgin Mary? Yes
Did He live a life of no sin? Yes
Did He die on the cross? Yes
Was He burried? In a tomb?
Did He rise from the dead on the 3rd day? Yes
Did He asend to heaven and now sits at the right hand of God the Father? Yes

I do believe those bible facts i always have. I will say the sinners prayer right now.

Thank you for your help

Totally agree with what you say about the JW's. This is why i have never join their cult. I know in my heart its not the truth no matter what twisted scripture they might throw my way to try and convince me, and dead lord they really try there hardest to convince me.

Was He born of the virgin Mary? Yes
Did He live a life of no sin? Yes
Did He die on the cross? Yes
Was He burried? In a tomb?
Did He rise from the dead on the 3rd day? Yes
Did He asend to heaven and now sits at the right hand of God the Father? Yes

I do believe those bible facts i always have. I will say the sinners prayer right now.

Thank you for your help

GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

This is why this web site exists!!!!!

Now, focus on the Risen Christ and only Christ. He is the God-Man, the Messiah, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
He is the Creator and the Judge .

May you have peace and joy in your life and may you know that you are a LOVED child of God.

I am uselly around the Bible Study section of this site and if there is anything I can help you with, please ask!!!!!

Thanks very much. Yes i will focus on what you said.

Yes the web exist for reasons like this, :) First time in all my internet years where i can come and talk about God and no one is going to ridicule me, that i can stand but what i can't stand is when they blasmphemy against God they're like ravaging wolves.

This is a great site, im so glad i found it.

Thanks very much. Yes i will focus on what you said.

Yes the web exist for reasons like this, :) First time in all my internet years where i can come and talk about God and no one is going to ridicule me, that i can stand but what i can't stand is when they blasmphemy against God they're like ravaging wolves.

This is a great site, im so glad i found it.

As am I!!!!!

Back