The Bride of Christ

Hello @Major,

- I was not aware that I was joining with Mr Smith and his teachings! What did I say to give you that impression, Major?
- I also did not know that I was telling you that you had done anything improper. I did not know that you were speaking against or for this man and his teachings, only that you spoke of him.
- You are perfectly right to expose false teaching in any form, Major.
- I know nothing of this man, except that he was the founder of Mormanism.

I am just making the point that the pearl is not the Church, but the Bride. Precious. Likened to a Pearl, because of the suffering that produces it.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Chris..........when you said:
"With respect, how Joseph Smith used the Word of God is a matter between him and God, isn't it?"

It seemed to me that it was an attempt in suppport of his teaching. My apologies for misunderstanding you.

We must be careful . Did not the 5 foolish virgins also wait for the coming of the bridegroom? As did the 5 wise.
The world does not wait for the coming of the |Lord it but mocks and does not believe at all.
The 5 wise not only believed but were waiting also .
To be BORNagain does not qualify us to be in the Bride .It qualifies us "to run the race "

in Christ
gerald
Brother, running the race has nothing to do with salvation or becoming part of the bride of Christ. It is for earning a reward. Salvation is not a reward but a free gift. There are five crowns that can be earned in this life, but salvation is not one of them.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

When a person become born again, which actually means "born from above" they become one with the Lord in a similar way a husband, and wife become "one" in the flesh in marriage.

1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Hi there,

The term, 'The Bride of Christ', is not to be found in Scripture: 'The Bride, the Lamb's wife', is to be found in Rev. 21:9; and the whole chapter following, up to chapter 22:5, describes it. It is the New Jerusalem which comes down out of Heaven, to the earth.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Did you ever notice when John describes the "bride", referring to the New Jerusalem coming down out of Heaven when he said....

Rev 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, each of the gates made of a single pearl, and the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.
Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb.

The entire city was the temple of God, and that God Almighty, and the Lamb are its temple!!!!

How about this scripture.....

Jer 33:15 In those days and at that time I will cause a righteous Branch to spring up for David, and he shall execute justice and righteousness in the land.
Jer 33:16 In those days Judah will be saved, and Jerusalem will dwell securely. And this is the name by which it will be called: 'The LORD is our righteousness.'

Another name for Jerusalem is the the Lord our righteousness.

Are we still friends then?????
Oh
Did you ever notice when John describes the "bride", referring to the New Jerusalem coming down out of Heaven when he said....

Rev 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, each of the gates made of a single pearl, and the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.
Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb.

The entire city was the temple of God, and that God Almighty, and the Lamb are its temple!!!!

How about this scripture.....

Jer 33:15 In those days and at that time I will cause a righteous Branch to spring up for David, and he shall execute justice and righteousness in the land.
Jer 33:16 In those days Judah will be saved, and Jerusalem will dwell securely. And this is the name by which it will be called: 'The LORD is our righteousness.'

Another name for Jerusalem is the the Lord our righteousness.
Hello @CCW95A.

Wonderful Scriptures, thank you.

What was your purpose in quoting them, in regard to the subject in hand, concerning the Bride of Christ? Is it to establish, and fill out, what Scripture tells us concerning The New Jerusalem?

' Those days,' of Jeremiah 33, being the millennial reign, yes?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Oh

Hello @CCW95A.

Wonderful Scriptures, thank you.

What was your purpose in quoting them, in regard to the subject in hand, concerning the Bride of Christ? Is it to establish, and fill out, what Scripture tells us concerning The New Jerusalem?

' Those days,' of Jeremiah 33, being the millennial reign, yes?

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Sister Complete :) The entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation is not about man, his fall, and restoration, it is about God bringing forth a bride for His Son, also known as the "last Adam". We find this very early on in scripture if we are looking closely to what God says in Genesis. After the Lord God created Adam, he said "it was not good for man to be alone" So, God began to create all the animals and he brought them to Adam in search of a companion for Adam. None was found, so God took a "part" of Adam and made a woman. Adam said that woman was now bone of his bone, and flesh of his flesh. Woman came from man and was now in the same class of being as Adam. True fellowship between two beings can not be had unless both beings are of the same type.

Angles are not made in the image of God, but man was. Man was made in his image and after his likeness. If it was not good for man to be alone, neither was it good for God to be alone. God can not have true intimate fellowship with angels or any other being except man who was made in his own image, and after his likeness. Angels do not live inside God but man does. When a husband and wife get married they both become one flesh. When a man becomes "born from above" he becomes "one" with God. He that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. (1 Cor 6:17) We are born by the incorruptible seed of the Word of God (1 Peter 1:23) in the same way a human child is brought forth by the seed of the man. We were born from a "part" of God which is his Word.

The Church is the bride of Christ. God finally has his companion which is what he wanted from the beginning so he can share all his thoughts, and feelings to us through out all eternity!! This is why the bride of Christ is likened to a husband and wife marriage here on this earth.

Hello @CCW95A,
Sister Complete :) The entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation is not about man, his fall, and restoration, it is about God bringing forth a bride for His Son, also known as the "last Adam". We find this very early on in scripture if we are looking closely to what God says in Genesis. After the Lord God created Adam, he said "it was not good for man to be alone" So, God began to create all the animals and he brought them to Adam in search of a companion for Adam. None was found, so God took a "part" of Adam and made a woman. Adam said that woman was now bone of his bone, and flesh of his flesh. Woman came from man and was now in the same class of being as Adam. True fellowship between two beings can not be had unless both beings are of the same type.

Angles are not made in the image of God, but man was. Man was made in his image and after his likeness. If it was not good for man to be alone, neither was it good for God to be alone. God can not have true intimate fellowship with angels or any other being except man who was made in his own image, and after his likeness. Angels do not live inside God but man does. When a husband and wife get married they both become one flesh. When a man becomes "born from above" he becomes "one" with God. He that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. (1 Cor 6:17) We are born by the incorruptible seed of the Word of God (1 Peter 1:23) in the same way a human child is brought forth by the seed of the man. We were born from a "part" of God which is his Word.

The Church is the bride of Christ. God finally has his companion which is what he wanted from the beginning so he can share all his thoughts, and feelings to us through out all eternity!! This is why the bride of Christ is likened to a husband and wife marriage here on this earth.

Hello CCW95A,

Thank you for sharing your conclusions. If you have read through this thread, you will be aware that I do not share your opinion in regard to the identity of the Bride.

I am a member of the Church which is the Body of Christ, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all (Eph.1:22,23), which is being formed into a 'perfect MAN'.(Eph.4:13)

'Till we all come in the unity of the faith,
and of the knowledge of the Son of God,

unto a perfect man,
unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
That we henceforth be no more children,
tossed to and fro,
and carried about with every wind of doctrine,
by the sleight of men,
and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
But speaking the truth in love,
may grow up into Him in all things,
which is the Head, even Christ:'

Respectfully,
In Christ Jesus
Chris

its probably a step too far, maybe or maybe not,
that the new Jerusalem will be a living entity city,
ie it will possess a spirit of life that knows its own being, its gate and fountains and elevators or whatever such a city consist of
with the ability to communicate,
This city is 1500 miles as a cube or a pyramid or a city with tall spires,
you think of a modern city with a comprehensive computer network AI controlling water lighting escalators etc etc.
Its a little weird to think about cause the footprint on the earth would take up what a third of the USA in area and stretch way out into space, the Earths atmosphere only stretches
to about 300 miles maximum.
Is it the Bride of Christ...could be, even though the Church is made out to be the bride the church is also made out to be the wedding guests, the brides maids.

Brother, running the race has nothing to do with salvation or becoming part of the bride of Christ. It is for earning a reward. Salvation is not a reward but a free gift. There are five crowns that can be earned in this life, but salvation is not one of them.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

When a person become born again, which actually means "born from above" they become one with the Lord in a similar way a husband, and wife become "one" in the flesh in marriage.

1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

I cannot say every thing the same time every time.
I have said that to be BORN again qualifies us to run the race .
ALL and every true BORN child of God is CALLED to run the race and is qualified to do so.
But I have also said that as in the days of Lot so was Abraham.
"as in the days of Noah" so too was Enoch .
That a man can be "counted righteous" but still suffer loss as through fire" Even as Lot did but not Abraham.
That a man can be saved THROUGH the flood as in Noah or "great tribulation" as in that church who would be spewed out of the Lords mouth into if they did not repent ..
Im saying that out of ALL who were saved from Egypt . a comparitive very few actually entered into the promise .
Paul says because of unbelief . which is not only not believing God but believing another message .
I would therefore agree with you that there are rewards and crowns to be won .
To enter into the "marriage" as it states in the account of the 10 virgins.
You not only have to be ready but also recognisable as the bride .

I do not dispute that they who are joined to the Lord are of one Spirit.
But in Ephesians the ministers of God who are given to the church for the prection of that body or the bide have also to bring that church into "the unity of the faith"
Now as faith in God comes by hearing and understanding the Word of God then to have a unity of the faith thereneeds must also be a unity of understanding .
Even as Paul spoke of it as all thinking the same thing. Beign of the one mind. Of what mind? Even the mind of Christ .
"let this mind be in you as it was in Christ"
and how may we know this mind? If not by HIM who was promised to lead us into all truth ?
Who "knoweth the mind of God"
Then I will say this . A new BORN child does not get married. Though I have heard they can be betrothed.
People do not get married untill they grow in maturity.
Not desiring still the milk of the Word nor to be of a carnal mind .
For you can be BORN again and still be of a carnal mind .,Even as Paul said of some "ye are yet carnal" Yet he was speaking to those who were now christians .
What of Lot? He was counted righteous was he not? For his "righteous soul was vexed........."
yet he walked by sight and by his own reasoning and not by faith as Abraham did .

The reward is the Lord.
You say you cannot earn the Lord. No you cant but you can win Him as it were.
Out of all the tribes who had an inheritance .there was one tribe who had no inheritance . For God was their inheritance.
It is profitable to find out why the tribe of Levi was given that honour.

in Christ
gerald

To enter into the "marriage" as it states in the account of the 10 virgins.
You not only have to be ready but also recognisable as the bride .
Brother, what makes a person ready to be a bride? It is being Born from above, which is what born again means. The five wise virgins were a child of God. The five "foolish" virgins were not saved as Jesus tells us here.

Mat 25:11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, lord, open to us.'
Mat 25:12 But he answered, 'Truly, I say to you, I do not know you.'

The question is, does God know those who are his?

When a person is born from above God "seals" that person with his Spirit. We are given the "earnest" of the Spirit guaranteeing that we are his "purchased possession" which is exactly what a Father would pay for his Son's wife to be, in the Jewish tradition.
The word "earnest" means down payment. When my youngest son found a wife to marry he gave her something to her as a guarantee of this marriage to come.
He gave her a "engagement ring" as his pledge to her, which she accepted with gladness. The old Greek word for "earnest" is "arrabon". The modern day meaning of this same word in Greek is "arrabona" which means "engagement ring". The Holy Spirit is our engagement ring from the Lord guaranteeing our marriage to him!

Brother, what makes a person ready to be a bride? It is being Born from above, which is what born again means. The five wise virgins were a child of God. The five "foolish" virgins were not saved as Jesus tells us here.

Mat 25:11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, lord, open to us.'
Mat 25:12 But he answered, 'Truly, I say to you, I do not know you.'

The question is, does God know those who are his?

When a person is born from above God "seals" that person with his Spirit. We are given the "earnest" of the Spirit guaranteeing that we are his "purchased possession" which is exactly what a Father would pay for his Son's wife to be, in the Jewish tradition.
The word "earnest" means down payment. When my youngest son found a wife to marry he gave her something to her as a guarantee of this marriage to come.
He gave her a "engagement ring" as his pledge to her, which she accepted with gladness. The old Greek word for "earnest" is "arrabon". The modern day meaning of this same word in Greek is "arrabona" which means "engagement ring". The Holy Spirit is our engagement ring from the Lord guaranteeing our marriage to him!

I cannot realy keep repeating the same things because no one takes account of my objections ,
But I will list some of them here .

They were ALL virgins. A virgin is a God given state . Paul speaks of him seeking to present the body of believers as "chaste virgins" In Romans when he is talking about those under the law as ones who are as married .
To be BORN again is NOT the be all and end all of our Salavtion though the church has made it so .Preaching in the main the milk of the Word and little or nothing of the meat. and taking every message that is for the church and saying it does not apply to us but to the world .
If as you say ot be BORNagain qualifies us to be in the Bride why then do you need to run the race?
and if we are ready when w eare BORN again why then does scripture say the Bride has got herself ready? or that the Lord told the disciples to "be ye also ready"
The words that barred the foolish virgins was "I KNOW YE NOT" and again I draw your attention that it is to the "MARRIAGE" VERSE 10.
The words to the ungodly and the wicked is "I NEVER knew you" They are barred from the kingdom.
lack of careful reading of both scriptures as well as comparing like with like has led to such a misunderstanding plus the fact that the gospel has been reduced to the barest minimum for A peace sake .
Being born from above . Means to be born of the heavenly or last Adam and not of earthly or first Adam who was "the foreshadow of him who was to come.
To be BORNagain is to be born not of the corruptable seed which is of the first Adam. But of the incorruptable seed which is of the last Adam the Word of God.
Those who are born of the earth are earthly and those of heaven heavenly.
To be BORNagain is to be not only translated from the kingdom of darkenss to the kingdom of Gods dear Son but also to be translated from one predestination to another .
It is not a guarentee of the Bride .
it is passing from death to life .
It is from comdemnation to justification.
It is from one nature to another .From "a child of disobedience" to a child of God. or "obedience to the gospel ."
To be BORN into this world is a gift of God and not of any works of man .
Though a man is born as such by the will of man the will of the flesh and of blood.
But to be BORNagain is to be born not of the will of man , nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of blood but of God.
But to be in the BRIDE demands the willingness of the Bride to be made conformable to Christ in all things .
To suffer with him without the camp.
To be despised and rejected by your own brethren for His sake.
To do more than is asked or counted normal.
To have your ear nailed to your masters door.
To be blind and deaf to all and everything save to the Lords voice and will.
To be tottaly committed ,
Wholly sanctified
and as single minded as needs be "to go to Jerusalem"
it is to "go a little further " than the majority of believers .
It is to go up the mountain to pray while " every one goes to their own house"
To be of the same mind as the Lord.
The same objectives or ambition.
To be filled with His love
His Spirit
and to be led by Him leaning not upon your own understanding but leaning ,as the scriptures tell it; "on the arm of the beloved"
and not needed to be in that order.

in Christ
gerald

If as you say ot be BORNagain qualifies us to be in the Bride why then do you need to run the race?
Brother, running the "race" has absolutely nothing to do with salvation. It has to do with rewards. Salvation is NOT a reward but a free gift.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the GIFT of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Does anybody earn a "gift"? No, they earn rewards!! Nobody can or will earn salvation.

Last edited:
But to be in the BRIDE demands the willingness of the Bride to be made conformable to Christ in all things .

Who exactly is the one preparing the bride?

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Jesus is the one who is preparing his own Church, which just so happens to be His own body. Will he bring it to completion?

Php 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

Who exactly is the one preparing the bride?

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Jesus is the one who is preparing his own Church, which just so happens to be His own body. Will he bring it to completion?

Php 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

"Having loved then he loved them to the end"
But out of the 12 . One betrayed him.
8 went so far and Peter James and John went " a little further" with Him.
The Bride is the one who will sit with Him in His throne as he sits in His fathers throne .
The bride also gets herself ready "be ye also ready" Why do you not consider that also?
The bride fo the first Adam came out of the midst of hsi body.
The bride of the last Adam will also come from the midst of his body .

I am again repreating myself . I need not do it again .

in Christ
gerald

"Having loved then he loved them to the end"
But out of the 12 . One betrayed him.
8 went so far and Peter James and John went " a little further" with Him.
The Bride is the one who will sit with Him in His throne as he sits in His fathers throne .
The bride also gets herself ready "be ye also ready" Why do you not consider that also?
The bride fo the first Adam came out of the midst of hsi body.
The bride of the last Adam will also come from the midst of his body .

I am again repreating myself . I need not do it again .

in Christ
gerald
Again, how does a person prepare to be the bride of Christ? By becoming born from above.

What do think being "in Christ" means? How does a person become "in Christ"?
What "benefits" are given to those in Christ? Are they not already translated into the Kingdom where Christ is?

Again, how does a person prepare to be the bride of Christ? By becoming born from above.

What do think being "in Christ" means? How does a person become "in Christ"?
What "benefits" are given to those in Christ? Are they not already translated into the Kingdom where Christ is?

As I have said and will continue to say it.
We are baptised by the Spirit into the BODY of Christ. and are therefore "in Christ "
But there are too many scriptures some of which i have mentioned but which you do not refer to at all that show that to be BORN again is not the be all and end all of our salvation nor is beign baptised into the body of Christ either .
ALL who came out of Egypt were all saved FROM Egypt. and as Paul pointed out .How many actually entered into the promise?

From whence did Abraham seek a BRIDE for the SON?
Not from among the world but from "among his bretheren"
and how was she recognisable by the Son as the bride? By the gifts of the father given to her by the servant which she wore openly .
The 5 foolish virgins were foolish in their expectation that to be BORNagain was enough .
When they should have had their vessels full as well.

You speak of the benefits of the kingdom.
I speak of the Bride of Christ .
and as I pointed out the 5 foolish were barred from the MARRIAGE .
The wicked and the ungodly are barred from the kingdom.
You simply keep brinigng out the same thing without any attempt to answer those scriptures that show quite another picture.

Unless you do so or bring anything that either proves what you say or me wrong then I will say no more in replies.
But rather will simply get back to the subject.

in Christ
gerald

Brother, running the "race" has absolutely nothing to do with salvation. It has to do with rewards. Salvation is NOT a reward but a free gift.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the GIFT of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Does anybody earn a "gift"? No, they earn rewards!! Nobody can or will earn salvation.

Amen !

As I have said and will continue to say it.
We are baptised by the Spirit into the BODY of Christ. and are therefore "in Christ "
But there are too many scriptures some of which i have mentioned but which you do not refer to at all that show that to be BORN again is not the be all and end all of our salvation nor is beign baptised into the body of Christ either .
ALL who came out of Egypt were all saved FROM Egypt. and as Paul pointed out .How many actually entered into the promise?

From whence did Abraham seek a BRIDE for the SON?
Not from among the world but from "among his bretheren"
and how was she recognisable by the Son as the bride? By the gifts of the father given to her by the servant which she wore openly .
The 5 foolish virgins were foolish in their expectation that to be BORNagain was enough .
When they should have had their vessels full as well.

You speak of the benefits of the kingdom.
I speak of the Bride of Christ .
and as I pointed out the 5 foolish were barred from the MARRIAGE .
The wicked and the ungodly are barred from the kingdom.
You simply keep brinigng out the same thing without any attempt to answer those scriptures that show quite another picture.

Unless you do so or bring anything that either proves what you say or me wrong then I will say no more in replies.
But rather will simply get back to the subject.

in Christ
gerald

Ephesians 5:25-27 ..............
"Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish."

Revelation 19:7-9 ................
"Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready; it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”— for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints. And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God."

Revelation 21:2.....................
"And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."

Revelation 21:9 ....................
"Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying, “Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.”

The imagery and symbolism of marriage is applied to Christ and the body of believers known as the church. These are those who have trusted in Jesus Christ as their personal savior and have received eternal life. In the New Testament, Christ, the Bridegroom, has sacrificially and lovingly chosen the church to be His bride. Just as there was a betrothal period in biblical times during which the bride and groom were separated until the wedding, so is the bride of Christ separate from her Bridegroom during the church age. Her responsibility during the betrothal period is to be faithful to Him. At the Second Coming of Christ, the church will be united with the Bridegroom, the official "wedding ceremony" will take place and, with it, the eternal union of Christ and His bride will be actualized.

At that time, all believers will inhabit the heavenly city known as New Jerusalem, also called “the holy city” in Revelation 21:2 and 10. The New Jerusalem is not the church, but it takes on the church’s characteristics. In his vision of the end of the age, the Apostle John sees the city coming down from heaven adorned “as a bride,” meaning that the inhabitants of the city, the redeemed of the Lord, will be holy and pure, wearing white garments of holiness and righteousness. Some have misinterpreted verse 9 to mean the holy city is the bride of Christ, but that cannot be because Christ died for His people, not for a city. The city is called the bride because it encompasses all who are the bride, just as all the students of a school are sometimes called “the school.”

Ephesians 5:25-27 ..............
"Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish."

Revelation 19:7-9 ................
"Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready; it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”— for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints. And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God."

Revelation 21:2.....................
"And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."

Revelation 21:9 ....................
"Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying, “Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.”

The imagery and symbolism of marriage is applied to Christ and the body of believers known as the church. These are those who have trusted in Jesus Christ as their personal savior and have received eternal life. In the New Testament, Christ, the Bridegroom, has sacrificially and lovingly chosen the church to be His bride. Just as there was a betrothal period in biblical times during which the bride and groom were separated until the wedding, so is the bride of Christ separate from her Bridegroom during the church age. Her responsibility during the betrothal period is to be faithful to Him. At the Second Coming of Christ, the church will be united with the Bridegroom, the official "wedding ceremony" will take place and, with it, the eternal union of Christ and His bride will be actualized.

At that time, all believers will inhabit the heavenly city known as New Jerusalem, also called “the holy city” in Revelation 21:2 and 10. The New Jerusalem is not the church, but it takes on the church’s characteristics. In his vision of the end of the age, the Apostle John sees the city coming down from heaven adorned “as a bride,” meaning that the inhabitants of the city, the redeemed of the Lord, will be holy and pure, wearing white garments of holiness and righteousness. Some have misinterpreted verse 9 to mean the holy city is the bride of Christ, but that cannot be because Christ died for His people, not for a city. The city is called the bride because it encompasses all who are the bride, just as all the students of a school are sometimes called “the school.”

Good. People should note that the City of God, the New Jerusalem is not the Bride but the word says it is LIKE a bride.

Back