"the Christian Olympics"

"the Christian Olympics"

“The Christian Olympics‘” First Virtual Book Tour To Launch November 5,2007

Best-selling author and Bible curriculum writer, S. E. Gregg will embark on the first eight-website tour on Monday, November 5,2007 for “The Christian Olympics-Going for the Gold Crowns”, the unveiling of the Bible’s comparison of the Christian race to the Olympic Games. Tour events include blogging, forum discussions, interviews and book reviews.

Wynnewood, PA, November 4,2007- S. E. Gregg, author of “The Christian Olympics-Going for the Gold Crowns”, “Enthusiastically recommended as inspirational reading for all practicing Christians”-Midwest Book Review, will embark on an eight-stop Virtual Book Tour November 5-14,2007.

During a Virtual Book Tour. an author visits specific lineup of websites or weblogs, similar to a real-life book tour, where stops are made at brick and mortar bookstores. Each day the author visits a different website from the comfort of their home.
S. E Gregg, a “spiritual marathon runner” for several decades, is very excited about running by these eight websites on the way to the “Finish Line“

S.E.Gregg says;" I will be visiting this forum on Tuesday,November 13,2007.This will be my 7th stop.Have your questions ready,in fact start posting them now."
To view the complete lineup log on to:
www.christianolympics.org

Hello Everyone,:dance:

I have just arrived to Christianforumsite.You are my 7th stop on this exciting "Virtual Book Tour" for "The Christian Olympics-Going for the Gold Crowns", the unveiling of the Bible's comparison of the Christian race to the Olympic Games.

A special thanks to Christianforumsite for this blessed opportunity to begin this discussion.:read:

"The Christian Olympics" is about the most enormous and longest competition this world has ever seen.

Does anyone know when the Christian Olympics began ?

Hello Violet,
It is a blessing to meet you.
God Bless You!
I'll give you a clue,do you know when Christianity and the Church began( Acts 2:2)?

segregg

Amen, Praise the Lord, Violet,You are right.

Yes, the Day of Pentecost was the 'divine' opening ceremony of the Christian Olympics.
Are you familiar with the lighting of the flame at the Olympic Games? It is reminiscent of the fire of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.

Now that Violet answered the big question, does the Christian Olympics have a closing and reward ceremony like the Olympic Games?

That's a wonderful answer Violet.
Yes, the Christian Olympics has a Closing Ceremony,which is the rapture of the Church (1Thess.4:16-17)and after that the Reward Ceremony, at the Judgment Seat of Christ(2Cor.5:10).So we see that the Bible compares the Christian race to the Olympic Games.
Therefore, as Christians,we are Olympians,spiritual athletes running a marathon race to the finish line.

It truly sounds like a very interesting book.
I AM interested in learning more!

I always felt competition wasn't such a good thing though.

What can you tell me to convince me otherwise? :bible:

Violet, you have just mentioned one of the most important messages of the book, and that is competition.

Chapter 5 is all about the competition".My book compares the similarities of the Christian race to the Olympic Games and it also compares the differences. One of the differences is that Christians in the Christian Olympics are not competing against each other. One Christian is not in competition with another Christian. Preachers are not in competition with other preachers. Musicians are not in competition with other musicians and so on and so on.

Do you know who our competitors are if it is not each other?

You are so right about having.â€.. to fight against the flesh always,.... a competition.â€

But the same way that the athletes train and discipline themselves so that they can be strong enough to beat their competition. We have spiritual training and spiritual discipline to help us beat our competition. Which I explain in Chapter 3 of my book.

Thank you Christianforumsite for this blessed opportunity to stop by on this exciting Virtual Book Tour. God Bless you Violet for featuring “The Christian Olympics†in your showcase. You have been a wonderful hostess. Please tell Jeff that I am praying that he does well in his studies

Thank you very much Sir and God Bless You!

I appreciate you stopping by and visiting and I thank you for helping spread God's word!

Back