The Church Has Replaced Israel?

Ooohhh Ok...Sorry you feel this way.

I'm unsure what you think I "feel". I believe Mary was a virgin and that Christ's father is God. As for scripture - I didn't write it and I am not interpeting it. For all we know, Mary was of the Davidic line but the Jews did not trace women the way they did men. The Jews never counted step-fathers as contributing to a bloodline, altho the whole thing of - if a man died then his brother stepped in to carry his line along was counted but I'm pretty sure that was not accepted or noted in the Patriarch bloodline. It is used time and again that Christ was the fulfillment of prophecy that he was of the Davidic bloodline. God made the physical laws of this universe and he tends to follow them.

I believe that Christians are the wild olive branch, grafted in. Jews and Christians are to become one in God's hand. Righteousness is not based on lineage. Abraham was not a Jew, he was the father of Jews...because..."Abraham believed in God and it was reckoned to him as righteousness".

I believe that Christians are the wild olive branch, grafted in. Jews and Christians are to become one in God's hand. Righteousness is not based on lineage. Abraham was not a Jew, he was the father of Jews...because..."Abraham believed in God and it was reckoned to him as righteousness".

If (and I feel I am) have been misunderstood - let me restate. I never intended nor meant that lineage connotes righteousness. What I did say was that Jews today use either their practice of their religion or their bloodlines (my grandmother was Jewish) OR both to say they are "jewish". Israel denied citzenship to a priest who could prove his Jewishness for 10 generations. They stated that no one who converts from Judaism can be a citizen. The rest of your comments I have no problem with. We ONLY know of Abraham because of the Jews. All of you reread my posts - that's the only time I brought in bloodlines. The rest have been responses out of whack to what I originally posted.

I think what we see is that as a 'people' we want to refuse that our loving God would issue righteous judgement and punishment on those whom He says He loves. So much we need to learn about humility.​
I think Paul said something about those who are not 'chaste' by the LORD....​
So the Jews at present will be, and have been put under the righteous judgement of God.​
So the Christians at present will be, and have been put under the righteous judgement of God.​
And any nation that has political leaders that stand up and proclaim the country is not for THE ONE TRUE GOD...well that nation MUST fall under the righteous judgement of God as the fulfillment of His Word and His Holiness.​
As it is-we know the end of the story-or at least this chapter. We will ALL stand before the Throne one day-Jew, Christian, Gentile, Samaritan, Greek, Barbarian, Heathen, Pagan....no matter the 'human blood line' or religion. Get a piece of the Holy Spirit....else we will be looking afar across an eternal chasm to The Light we should have known.....​

This statement of yours:
is what I meant by
"I'm sorry you feel that way."

OK - and still I don't understand why that statement would make you feel sorry for me. I have heard all the arguments pro/con and indifferently scientific to "miracles" of the Bible. I know that Christ is the Son of God - also called the Son of Man. To give birth is pretty miraculous in itself - virgin birth that much more so. And I know that it was a Virgin birth. I believe that Jesus came from the Patriarch bloodline. And that, I defy anyone, to prove, scripturally I am in the wrong. No matter how you want to slice the bread. Just like I know that God has not replaced the Jews and will wait for their complete return to Him. There isn't a "miracle" in the bible that cannot be explained (and duplicated albeit with trickery in some cases) with the exception of Christ walking on water. (OK and raising someone 4 days dead) or his resurrection (proven by the shroud). But I trust he would explain it to me if I needed to know. My faith does not rely on these things.

Thanking God again that he will be my Judge. I am not afraid of it - Judgement - because I trust my God to know what's in my heart. I expect I will be celebrating with all of you. (Despite all of your strange notions..............kidding)

Okay, I think I understand your point...

Can you answer these two questions for me:

Are there non-'Jews' from the pre-Cruxifixion of Christ age going into eternity on God's side?

-AND-

Do Jews still need to accept Christ as the Messiah after the resurrection? (What happens if they don't?)

#1.
Absolutely my brother. Adam, Eve, Noah, Enoch, Abraham, Joseph and the list goes on and. They were justified by their faith.

Hebrews 11:1-3 make is perfectly clear..........
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

#2.
ABSULUTELY.
All people no matter who or where they are from have to come to Christ and accept Him which makes them a part of the Church of Jesus Christ.

If (and I feel I am) have been misunderstood - let me restate. I never intended nor meant that lineage connotes righteousness. What I did say was that Jews today use either their practice of their religion or their bloodlines (my grandmother was Jewish) OR both to say they are "jewish". Israel denied citzenship to a priest who could prove his Jewishness for 10 generations. They stated that no one who converts from Judaism can be a citizen. The rest of your comments I have no problem with. We ONLY know of Abraham because of the Jews. All of you reread my posts - that's the only time I brought in bloodlines. The rest have been responses out of whack to what I originally posted.

Well, well. Silk.......every book in the Bible has a "key". Sometimes it is at the front door as in Matt. 1:1 and sometimes it is at the back door as in John 20:30-31. In 1 John , 1:4 is the key to that book. In the Revelation, 1:19 is the key. So then, we see that in all of the 66 books of the Bible, there is a key that unlocks the meaning of that book.

Now, Matt. 1:1 says............"The book of the generation of Jesus Christ".

That statement points back to Genesis 5:1 where we read..................
"This is the book of the generation of ADAM."

In the day when Jesus was born, it was the custom to keep a man's pedigree/genealogy. The record was carefully preserved in the government house and placed under the special care of the Sanhedrin.

There was a special reason for keeping the genealogy of Jesus. You see, the Jews were looking for their Messiah, and when one claimed to be the Messiah, the first question a Jew would ask was......"Are you of the house of David?"

"Can you prove that you are desended through the line of David?"

The Messiah was spoken of by both Jew and foreigner as the "The Messiah", declared to be the Son of David and if Jesus claimed to be the Promised One then His pedigree must prove that He came through the seed of David.

Abraham was the first from whose family it was prophesied that Messiah would come in Genesis 12:1-3. David was the last. To the Jews, these two men were the starting points for any who claimed to be the Messiah.

Not me! I'm having more fun that a Racoon in a garbage can!

Why so, Major?

As for Post#102 - So is the "key" a summary of the Book? or the "meaning" of the entire book? As for the Book of John, are you saying there are 2 keys? And what does the last key mean - that you are only told the miracles listed in the book so as to believe and are exluded from knowing the others not mentioned because these belonged to an "elite"? Just wondering.

As for bloodlines, did you miss where I originally brought this up as a use to prove your "jewishness" in today's Israel? I mentioned, too, as did you, that the Jews kept extensive geneology records from way back-but apparently only the males were followed. If Mary was related (cousin) to Elizabeth, who gave birth to John the Baptist - one would have to assume the two women's lineage was "probably" connected to an important line. If Joseph's seed was not used in Jesus conception - there is no way to prove Jesus lineage to the Davidic bloodline. Just saying. God's plan was for Joseph and Mary to wed - that part seems obvious to me. And I only brought up Jesus lineage to show that the Jews were tracking male lines since, well, Adam. BUT my original mention of bloodlines was for Israel today.

Why so, Major?

As for Post#102 - So is the "key" a summary of the Book? or the "meaning" of the entire book? As for the Book of John, are you saying there are 2 keys? And what does the last key mean - that you are only told the miracles listed in the book so as to believe and are exluded from knowing the others not mentioned because these belonged to an "elite"? Just wondering.

As for bloodlines, did you miss where I originally brought this up as a use to prove your "jewishness" in today's Israel? I mentioned, too, as did you, that the Jews kept extensive geneology records from way back-but apparently only the males were followed. If Mary was related (cousin) to Elizabeth, who gave birth to John the Baptist - one would have to assume the two women's lineage was "probably" connected to an important line. If Joseph's seed was not used in Jesus conception - there is no way to prove Jesus lineage to the Davidic bloodline. Just saying. God's plan was for Joseph and Mary to wed - that part seems obvious to me. And I only brought up Jesus lineage to show that the Jews were tracking male lines since, well, Adam. BUT my original mention of bloodlines was for Israel today.

Just me I guess! I like to have fun at anything I am doing.

As for John..........look again at the post and you will see that I said............
John 20:30-31. In 1 John 1:4 is the key to that book.

Two different books.

I am assumeing you are speaking about 1 John 1:4 as the key to that book. YES??

1 John 1:4
"And these things write we unto you that your joy may be full".

We see right here that the reason for 1 John is for the readers and no doubt John as well to enjoy and share in the deep sense of satisfaction and purpose that knowing Christ and wlaking with Him brings.

Well, actually I did miss what you posted. I am glad to see then that we agree.

Major Posts: As for John..........look again at the post and you will see that I said............John 20:30-31. In 1 John 1:4 is the key to that book.
I assumed when you said "back door" for the 1st John site was a "key". So what did you mean by "back door" if not key? Oops just caught the 1 before John.

Regarding bloodlines in the past - yep.

As for having fun - yes it's good to enjoy things. And here, I didn't think you had a sense of humor :D. (standard disclaimer - I'm just pulling your tail a little.)

As for having fun - yes it's good to enjoy things. And here, I didn't think you had a sense of humor :D. (standard disclaimer - I'm just pulling your tail a little.)

ME! You didn't think I had a sense of humor.

Silk.........I am the one who looks in the mirror, sees ME, and still goes out the door to face the world!

You didn't know I had a sense of humor.........Ask "calvin".

Listen, when I was born, the doctor turned me upside down and told my mother......"Look, TWINS"!

Listen......When my brother was a baby, he was ugly we had to feed him with a slingshot.

Sense of humor???????

What do you call a cow with no legs?????? GROUND BEEF!!! (lol)

An old man says to his doctor........."I just hope it's not alzheimers. Maybe there is some kind of memory medicine you can give me. See, I'm getting more and more forgetful. I lose track of where I am going and what I'm suppossed to do when I get there. What should I do doctor" The doctor promptly said............"PAY ME IN ADVANCE".

Sense of humor??? You have come to the right place. Why didn't you say so before............

You know you are on a "No frills Airline when".................

You ask the captain how often their planes crash, and he says "just once".
All the planes have a bathroom and a chapel.
The captain yells out of the window.........."Get the cows off the runway".

Then there is the story about the little old lady who died. It was a cloudy. rainey day. The deceased was an old lady who spent her entire life married to a gentle old man. She tormented him the entire time of their marriage. She was always fussing at him, nagging at him and telling him what to do and how to do it. When the grave side service was over, there was a huge burst of thunder, and a giant lightning bolt streaked across the sky. The little old gentleman turned to the pastor and said..................."Well, she's there".

See ya when ya want some more!

Your dumping me back into this thread...I am going to have too revisit it I suppose. Perhaps the point I was trying to make is this:

"Jews" who accepted Christ became the first "Christians": followers of the Messiah and One True King who will be coming back by the way and next time it will be to late for the "Jews" to repent and accept their Savior-King-God.

Jesus Christ walked with Adam and Eve in the Garden.
Jesus Christ met with Moses and Elijah at Mt. Sinai.
Jesus Christ fulfilled the Old Testament 'law' by becoming the Holy Sacrifice for ALL peoples not just the Jews.
Jesus Christ KNEW His people would turn away from him in Deuteronomy 31:

16 And the Lord said unto Moses, Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a whoring after the gods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I have made with them.
17 Then my anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them, and I will hide my face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many evils and troubles shall befall them; so that they will say in that day, Are not these evils come upon us, because our God is not among us?
18 And I will surely hide my face in that day for all the evils which they shall have wrought, in that they are turned unto other gods.

I am pretty sure all of the Prophets warned the Jews of this in one form or another:

Luke 3:
7 Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8 Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
9 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
10 And the people asked him, saying, What shall we do then?
11 He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise.

The Jews still await the Messiah which has come and will return for His true people-not of blood-but of the Holy Spirit. As it was meant to be from the beginning. He came first as a man of peace-He will return a man of war. Be liberated in the Holy Spirit which lifts us out of the depths of sin; out of the flood of death. FAITH gives us our freedom in His Grace-not the 'law'. The law was given to reveal sin so that we may walk closer to God and to draw His people throughout all time away from the world. This is why the Ten commandments were given by the very finger of Jesus Christ to Moses. So that we would grow into faith...

Back