The con of life

The con of life

Luke 12:1) In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people, insomuch that they trode one upon another, he began to say unto his disciples first of all, Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.

How sad it is that people in many cases, whether it be over politics, medicines, or even their eternal salvation when it comes to, they are willing to be patronized, having their ears tickled with fuzzy warm soothing words that will lull the spirit of that person into a deep sleep, leaving them alive(temporal), but dead(spiritual), (Matthew 10:16) “Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.” So how many wolves are there, (1 John 2:18) “even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.” Aren’t there so many beast in the field and men whose (1 Timothy 4:2) “conscience seared with a hot iron” and falsehood that distorts and twist the truth causing a snare to many, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4) “Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.” While the second part hasn’t come to past, the falling away is now and it is sad to hear what many teach, (2 Timothy 4:3-4) “For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

My people, in a day where corruption in spiritual and physical take place many get their crown taken by the world because they plug their ears to knowledge, turn and flee to temporal substance. This world will not last, all the lust and all that is seen with the eye shall fade and our bodies shall return unto the dust. (Psalm 103:14) “For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.” And when our life is said and done, all temporal things are only vanity and gainsaying the truth of God. So what trust have a man in his own hand, (Psalm 22:29) “none can keep alive his own soul.” and without ( (Jeremiah 17:13) “the fountain of living water, even the LORD”, one can’t prosper so lest our hearts slip unto something wrong, something of falsehood and temporal substance, (Hebrews 10:23) “Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised“ and (Romans 12:12) “continue instant in prayer” and (Ephesians 6:18) “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit”. We can overcome just as our Lord and savior did (Hebrews 12:2) “and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.” It takes effort but if we keep leaning to God more and more, then will we find it less difficult during times of adversity, hardship and struggle. My people, (Hebrews 12:2) “Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross” we can by leaning to the Lord and his grace can bear our cross.

In the world we live in, it is so much easier to listen to what others teach, than going to the source of the water ourselves. I mean, isn't that what we pay preachers to do. . . study the Word and then tell us what they discovered? :eek:
We are too lazy to do it ourselves . . . well, I'm not talking about Christians on this forum of course. Woops, I guess I am on this forum! :rolleyes: I have discovered that if I want the real truth, what I need to do is study it for myself first, then if I have questions, I can ask on the forum.

Yeah, so many pastors embellish what the Bible says and we drink it all in as if it were Gospel. Like, I read about how the priest who was allowed into the Holy room in the Temple had a rope tied to his leg in case he died in there where no one could go. I believed that to be the truth. Then I think someone told me that was just a fable. I don't remember how, or why. I don't even remember if it is in the Bible or not. But, there is an instance where I should research to find the truth. I know now that Santa isn't real! :eek:

The great falling away is happening right now. The very sad part about is that many 'christians' do now know that they are falling away.

Each of needs to work out our own salvation. Our pastors, elders, teachers etc are not going to work it out for us!

I seem to have been majoring on "encouragement" in my posts recently, and here yet again we see the apostle Paul encouraging his dear friends by commending them for their past obedience, as showin in their initial response to the gospel and on subsequent occasions when they heeded his apostolic teaching. He now exhorts them to common action, urging them to continue working out their eternal salvation. This demand to make that salvation fruitful (there are several posts by others on fruitfulness) in the here and now, as the graces of Christ or the fruit of the Spirit is produced in their lives. We see that this will involve a continuous, sustained effort that they should pursue with Godly fear, taking even more care now that Paul is not with them to guide them personally. We see that the outworking of the gospel in their day to day living has in view the approaching day of the return of Christ.

The Apostle Paul is often presented as being hard and unyielding, but a careful study of his language shows him to be a very caring and encouraging man as in his address to these dear believers as "agapetoi mon" "my beloved", a gentle and affectionate term of address which he often uses.

Back