the "dead" church....

We are to go out from among the unbelievers in the churches when we shall hear His voice as He shall open up the Scriptures to our understanding in this coming time.

Many will reject what they hear in favor of man’s private interpretations and will not recognize the coming of the Lord as He will send out His people … “strangers” …to speak to the churches. They will only see “strangers” and not the Lord and will be forgetful to “entertain” strangers….forgetting to let brotherly love continue as commanded by our Lord. They will be found “sleeping” at the worst possible time of their lives.

Instead of giving “meat” in due season as Abraham did to the men/angels that came to his tent (being hospitable), there will be those who will think that the Lord delays His coming (not recognizing that the Lord is with these men in their words) and will begin to “beat” upon those who will be sent to speak to them the Lord’s words. They will “beat” upon them….prating against them with malicious words. They will join along with others and follow after their pernicious ways.....eating and drinking....taking pleasure with others in their unrighteousness.

Luke 12:42-46 KJV
(42) And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
(43) Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
(44) Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.
(45) But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
(46) The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

Abraham did not “beat” upon the 3 men that showed up at his tent. He sat in the “tent door”….that is, he kept his mouth from speaking in anger (in the “heat” of the day). He was found serving “meat” in due season. He recognized the coming of the Lord…..for the LORD appeared unto Him ….with the 3 men.

Genesis 18:1-8 KJV
(1) And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
(2) And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
(3) And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

(4) Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree:
(5) And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.

(6) And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth.
(7) And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it.
(8) And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

The church in Philadelphia….meaning “brotherly love”…will be found with “little strength”. They shall be found keeping His Word: to have love for one another….when the “open door”…the open mouth speaks His words to their ears. They will not be harsh in their response toward what they hear the “open door” speaking but shall show gentleness….meekness…. “little strength”. They will not deny His “name”…that is, His authority as they will follow the commandment of the King. Their "works" shall be found faithful to His commandments at the most crucial time.....at their visitation by the Lord.

Revelation 3:7-8 KJV
(7) And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
(8) I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

If we are the children of Abraham….that is, the children of FAITH, we shall also do the “works of Abraham” who did treat the 3 men that showed up to his tent with brotherly love…..being hospitable and entertaining them. But some will seek to “kill” the men sent by Him with their evil words and false accusations. They will be found without the Word…..the Saying: to have love for one another….in their hearts when they shall hear the Truth spoken to their ears.

John 8:34-41 KJV
(34) Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
(35) And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
(36) If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
(37) I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
(38) I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
(39) They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
(40) But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
(41) Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

We may call ourselves “Abraham’s children”….people of FAITH, but FAITH WITHOUT GOOD WORKS is DEAD. We may believe there is one God but without DOING HIS COMMANDMENTS, then our faith is “dead” as the body without the spirit is dead. We are then found a "dead church"....even though we may have all faith in Him.

James 2:18-26 KJV
(18) Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
(19) Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

(20) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
(21) Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
(22) Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
(23) And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
(24) Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
(25) Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
(26) For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

The Son of man comes in an hour that we think not….therefore, we are to be ready always by remembering to behave with brotherly love towards all strangers who come speaking His words. We are to be found giving “meat” in due season….displaying our faith with good works toward “strangers”. Blessed are those servants whom their Lord shall find doing so. They will not deny His authority but shall follow His commandments.

Matthew 24:44-47 KJV
(44) Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
(45) Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

(46) Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
(47) Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

How good it is……a word spoken in due season towards what they will hear.

Proverbs 15:23 KJV
(23) A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it!

The church in “Sardis” ….meaning “red ones”….will be found not waking up to brotherly love as they will defile their garments by treading under foot the Son of God, and counting the blood of the covenant, wherewith they are sanctified as an unholy thing, and will be found doing despite unto the Spirit of grace.

They have a name that they live but are “dead”….for FAITH WITHOUT GOOD WORKS IS DEAD. We may say we have faith in God (that we LIVE because of faith only) but if we do not His commandments, then our faith is dead just as the body without the spirit is dead. If we trample upon what we hear…defiling our garments and count the blood of the covenant a common thing, then we will not be found watching and He will come upon us at an hour that we think not.

Revelation 3:1-6 KJV
(1) And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
(2) Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

The “works” of many that have faith but yet shall disregard the covenant of brotherly love shall be found not perfect before God when they will hear His Word of Truth spoken to them by the Spirit. "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only". We are to remember to have love for one another and hold fast to that and change our minds from our wicked thoughts and ways.

3) Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
(4) Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
(5) He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

We are to hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches….and not behave with evil against what we hear.

(6) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

The Son of man shall come in an hour that we think not….and speaking through those who are sent by Him. Those who will hear them shall hear Him and those who will despise them shall despise Him. He shall come with all the “holy angels”…all of the words of the biblical saints interpreted through the Spirit. He shall open up the “Book” to our understanding and we shall be judged according to how we react as the hearts of men shall be judged by what comes out of their mouths.

Matthew 25:31-46 KJV
(31) When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
(32) And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
(33) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

The opening up of the Scriptures shall separate the sheep from the goats by how they will react to “strangers” coming to preach His words....the "holy angels"....the holy messengers. Those who will not deny His “name”…His authority…will be found doing His Word: to have brotherly love. We acknowledge Him as King by doing His commandments.

(34) Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

They will be hospitable to those least brothers of Him sent out to preach the Word of truth to their ears. They will let brotherly love continue and will entertain the holy "angels"...the words of our Lord.

(35) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
(36) Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

They will be “strangers” at first…..as they will not see that the Lord is with the “least of these” brothers of His… at first. But what they will do unto those brothers shall be seen as doing unto Him.

(37) Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
(38) When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
(39) Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
(40) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

But those who will be found “sleeping” ….forgetting to let brotherly love continue….shall be tormented by the fire that is their tongue. The “everlasting fire” is prepared for the devil (false accuser) and his “angels”….his messengers….his evil words.

(41) Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

They will not remember to let love rule even when “strangers” shall come to their “tents”. They will be found without good works as they will prate against the strangers with malicious words…..the devil’s “angels”.

(42) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
(43) I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

(44) Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
(45) Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
(46) And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

The 2 disciples walking toward "Emmaus" did not rail upon the "stranger" that was Jesus. Their eyes at first did not know Him but they listened to Him as He opened up the Scriptures to their understanding.

Luke 24:13-16 KJV
(13) And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs.
(14) And they talked together of all these things which had happened.
(15) And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.
(16) But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.

The 2 disciples were hospitable to the "stranger" as they invited Him to "abide" with them. They kept the "feast" without malice and wickedness. They remembered to have brotherly love towards Him as He opened up all the Scriptures to their understanding.

Luke 24:27-35 KJV
(27) And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
(28) And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.
(29) But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.
(30) And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.

(31) And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.

The witness of God is IN our hearts as we shall hear the Son speaking to us....opening up the Scriptures to our understanding. Our hearts shall "burn" within.....which is the witness of God that is greater than the testimony of men. His testimony is that this is His Son that we should be hearing.

(32) And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?
(33) And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,
(34) Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.
(35) And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.

Moses and Elijah “talked” with Jesus upon the mount of transfiguration. Jesus came NOT to destroy them but to fulfill them.

Matthew 5:
(16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
(17) Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
(18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

We ALSO are to fulfill the Law and the Prophets……to enter into the LIFE of Jesus in the here and now.

Matthew 7:
(12) Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
(13) Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
(14) Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
(15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Let us believe in the testimony of Jesus who opens up the Scriptures to our understanding. Those who will receive Him shall be given the power to BECOME the Sons of God because they believe on His authority as He preaches the Word of Truth to them. They will be found faithful unto Him by doing His commandments.

John was upon the mount of transfiguration and saw the glory of God shining in the flesh of Jesus.

John 1:
(11) He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
(12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
(13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

If we fulfill the Law and the Prophets, the Word is made FLESH. If we have love for each other, the Word shines through our flesh…..as the glory of God is made manifest to this outside dark, perishing world.

(14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Scriptures are opened up by Him to our understanding. He sends His people out to speak His words to the churches……and we are to hear and purify our souls in obeying through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of those brothers who will be sent out to speak .

1 Peter 1:
(22) Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

We are NOT to be born again by what man preaches in his own wisdom….his private interpretations…as they preach for money. We are to be born again by the pure, incorruptible Word of God which lives and abides to the age.

(23) Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

We are to make the Word flesh by having love for one another….doing His Word. All FLESH is as the grass that withers away to the grave. But those who will do the Word of the Lord ENDURES unto the age as we shall have “eternal life” in the here and now as the LIFE of Jesus manifests in our mortal flesh and keeps us standing here to display the glory and power of God to this dark world. It is the power of God that keeps us standing.

(24) For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
(25) But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

James was also on the mount of transfiguration and saw His glory.

James 1:
(16) Do not err, my beloved brethren.
(17) Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Jesus opens up the Scriptures to our understanding…..the Word of Truth.

(18) Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

We are to HEAR HIM who opens up the Scriptures (Moses and Elijah) to our understanding. Let EVERY MAN be swift to HEAR Him who speaks and slow to speak and slow to wrath. We are to HEAR the Son. We are to awake up from our “sleep” and cast away the works of darkness….the envy, strife and contention against what we shall hear: the Word of Truth.

(19) Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
(20) For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
(21) Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

We are to be DOERS of the Word and not hearers only……forgetting to have brotherly love. Let us awake from our "sleep" and remember to have love....being a doer of the Word.

(22) But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
(23) For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
(24) For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

If we continue to look into the perfect law of liberty….being a doer of the work to have love for one another, we shall be blessed in this deed for the life of Jesus shall SHINE (manifest) in our mortal flesh as we are TRANSFIGURED into His image….from the inside heart to the OUTSIDE mortal flesh. The coming of the Son of man shines from the east (the rising of the light in our hearts) unto the “west”….the sinking into the garment of Christ as we put on the new man. His life shall appear in our mortal flesh.

(25) But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

If a man hears and does not hold his tongue as he will speak against what he will hear as the Scriptures are opened up to him, that man’s “religion” is vain.

(26) If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

Peter, who was also upon the mount of transfiguration, “wakes” up our pure minds by way of remembrance. We are to be mindful of the words spoken before of the holy prophets (Moses and Elijah appeared with Jesus and “talked” with Him). They warn us of those men who will scoff and will continue walking after their lusts….covetousness, envy and strife

2 Peter 3:
(1) This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
(2) That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
(3) Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

They will be saying, “Where is the promise of His coming?” Where is this “eternal life” now that you are preaching about? Where is the life of Jesus that is supposed to be manifest in our mortal flesh in the here and now? For since the fathers “fell asleep”….that is, DIED….all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. Every one has died and continues to die without the life of Jesus being made manifest in our mortal flesh in the here and now. This is their observation.

(4) And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Where is the promise of His coming? He came into THIS world so that we may have life (eternal life) and have it more abundantly. This is the promise that He has promised us…..even eternal life….in the here and now.

1 John 2:
(24) Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
(25) And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

But if we are led away with the wicked, then that life shall not be made manifest in our mortal flesh in the here and now. MANY have been led astray after the false prophets who come unto us in sheep’s clothing. MANY have entered into the broad way to the destruction of the flesh.

(26) These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

God is not mocked for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap. If we sow according to their lusts of the flesh….the envy, strife, divisions, covetousness of men, then we shall also reap decay in our mortal flesh and will die. We CAN NOT keep company with these men for we shall be of ONE FLESH with them in their decay and destruction of the flesh.

Galatians 6:
(6) Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.
(7) Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
(8) For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting
(9) And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Let us DO GOOD unto all men…ESPECIALLY unto them who are of the household of faith….as they will come to preach the Word of Truth to us.

(10) As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Let us hear the “brothers” who will come to preach His words to us in the Holy Spirit. Let us taste the good Word of God and the power of the AGE (“world”) to come….for we shall continue to LIVE to see it for we shall have “eternal life”…the life of Jesus made manifest in our mortal flesh in the here and now.

We are made partakers of the Holy Spirit for we shall hear what the Spirit is saying. We are to be filled with what the Spirit is saying and not be “drunk” on the wine of wrath in our religious pride. Let us not scoff and mock what we hear.

Hebrews 6:
(4) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
(5) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Let us not “crucify” those sent by Him to preach the good Word of God by putting them to public shame....vilifying them.

(6) If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Let us instead bring forth the fruit of righteousness towards the “brothers” who will be sent to preach the Word of Truth (the “rain” which shall come often upon our hearts) to the churches in this coming time. We are to receive blessing from God: LIFE. We cross over from death unto life by the showing the love towards the brothers.

(7) For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

That which shall bear thorns and briers towards what they will hear is rejected and will be near unto cursing and whose end is to be “burned”.

(8) But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
(9) But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

Let us work the “labor of love” towards His authority as we shall minister unto the saints who will be sent to preach His good Word to our ears.

(10) For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
(11) And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
(12) That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Let us not mock the “angels” of God….the messengers of God…by despising His words which is the “angels”. Let us not misuse the prophets.

2 Chronicles 36:
(15) And the LORD God of their fathers sent to them by his messengers, rising up betimes, and sending; because he had compassion on his people, and on his dwelling place:
(16) But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remed
y.

We are to be DILIGENT so that we may be FOUND of Him in peace without spot and blameless. Let us not mock what we hear the Spirit saying.

2 Peter 3:
(14) Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
(15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Let us not listen to those who seduce us with their wresting of the Scriptures unto their own destruction. They are preaching for money and misuse the prophets and Paul for unjust gain. They speak perverse things as they preach for filthy lucre’s sake. Let us not be led away with the error of the wicked.

(16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
(17) Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

Let us listen unto Him instead and grow in the grace and in the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who will open up our minds to His understanding.

(18) But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Paul did NOT preach for money but WORKED with his own hands to support himself.

Acts 20:
(33) I have coveted no man's silver, or gold, or apparel.
(34) Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me.

He has shown us ALL things how laboring with our own hands shall support the “weak”…that is, the weak-minded who will vilify our preaching if we are collecting a paycheck for preaching. The outside world blasphemes His name by all of the money preaching of pastors.

(35) I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

LET US REMEMBER THE COMMANDMENT GIVEN BY THE APOSTLES OF THE LORD and Savior JESUS CHRIST.

2) That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

They COMMAND us in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to withdraw from every brother that walks disorderly and not after the transmission of the apostles. A brother who is walking disorderly is one preaching for money and not working with his own hands to support his own necessities.

2 Thessalonians 3:
(2) And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.
(3) But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.
(4) And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.
(5) And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.
(6) Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.
(7) For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

The true apostles work with their own hands to support their own needs and not make a living off preaching.

(8) Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:

A true apostle (SENT BY CHRIST) shall follow the example of the apostles who worked with their own hands so that the gospel would not be blasphemed in the outside world.

(9) Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.
(10) For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
(11) For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
(12) Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.
(13) But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.

The scoffers will continue to walk after their own lusts and we are commanded by the apostles in the name of our Lord not to keep company with them….yet count them not as an enemy but admonish them as brothers.

(14) And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

(15) Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

Back