The Deciever

Dusty

Inactive
The Deciever

We know satan as the deciever of the whole world . BUt how did Jesus resist the devil ?

Luke 4:1-3

The Temptation of Jesus

1Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the desert, 2where for forty days he was tempted by the devil. He ate nothing during those days, and at the end of them he was hungry. 3The devil said to him, "If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread

How can you and I use that same stragegy when we are tempted ?

Revelation 12:3-9 ..... 3Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads. 4His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born. 5She gave birth to a son, a male child, who will rule all the nations with an iron scepter. And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6The woman fled into the desert to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

7And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

Every false religion and twisted system is from satan . He is the author of every deception in this world and behind every lie because of sin . Sin is the result of our fallen world we live in today . Satan controls the flesh : our tendancy to sin .

I think a lot of Christians underestimate the impact satan has on this earth and try to brush things under the carpet .

But there is a great battle raging for people's souls .

Just remember , satan is not declaring war on the Non- believer . He already has them .

He is attacking Spirit- filled Christians - the ones doing the work for the Lord , the ones making a difference . Those are the ones satan is going after and trying to pull down

So remember we don't wrestle against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers in high places .

Again this is the reason we need to band together with other believers , pray for one another , support one another to defeat the wiles of the devil .

We cannot be an island unto ourselves .

Dusty, I understand the great war going on .. but the devil is only one creation . creation must respond to God . and those given His authority . . . but there is a force that allows the enemy to act beyond system parameters . and this is "Sin"

He is attacking Spirit- filled Christians - the ones doing the work for the Lord , the ones making a difference . Those are the ones satan is going after and trying to pull down
I have found a way to make it so He cannot attack . and gradually push darkness out of an area . but it doesn't work if the other Christians around me have holes in their defense . guess i'll need to pray about a new strategy .

thanks Dusty for the reminder that the Christian life is no picnic .

Luke 4:4
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Each time the devil tempted Jesus He answered him, IT IS WRITTEN. And we also must fight the enemy with the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God coming out of our mouth until he leaves. It is our only offense weapon and he doesn't like being stabbed with it, so he will leave if we don't give up.

We are also to totally give ourselves to God and resisted the enemy and he will leave.

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Just wanted you all to get your thinking caps on ..... LOL

There are few things satan has done and is doing in this world today

1.... He is the originator of sin . He sinned before any one else ( Genesis 3) . He prompted Cain to murder his brother , Abel ( 1 John 3:12 )

2..... He opposes the work of God on earth ( Mark 4:15)

3..... He looks for opportunities to take advantage of us . Ephesians 4:26-27 says " Be angry and do not sin , do not let the sun go down on your wrath , nor give place to the devil . "

If you don't resolve conflict and anger , or resentment in your life , you're like " Come and get me satan the door's wide open "

4..... He causes physical hardships . Some sickness is due to satan Acts 10: 38 reminds us Jesus went about " healing those who were opressed by the devil .

5.... Satan tried to use Peter to dissuade Jesus from the cross ( Matthew 16 :23 ) to pressure him to see what he was made of .

Have you ever felt the enemy pressuring you , testing you ? You want to quit . You want to give up You think this will be the end of you ... no , no ,. no . By God's grace it will not defeat you . That's when God's grace kicks in . So hang in there baby .

So don't forget what satan's job discription is and by the power of the Holy Spirit he can be defeated in Jesus name " It is Written " .... Put the Word in to your spirit cause he cannot fight against the Truth .

Luke 4:4
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Each time the devil tempted Jesus He answered him, IT IS WRITTEN. And we also must fight the enemy with the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God coming out of our mouth until he leaves. It is our only offense weapon and he doesn't like being stabbed with it, so he will leave if we don't give up.

We are also to totally give ourselves to God and resisted the enemy and he will leave.

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

That's exactly it GodSpeaks . We have the power to defeat the devil and all his angels . The Word of God and the Holy Spirit.

I experienced something that really still doesn't make sense . but in the effort to subdue my flesh because of "soul links" i was unaware of . i ended up setting someone's soul on fire like torment kind of fire . their skin was burning . and i recall quoting from Jeremiah "is your word not like a fire? like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? saith the Lord" so i'm just a little more careful in diagnosing whether it be a demon or not .

Back