The Doctrine of Priesthood and Doctrinal Teaching Authority

I watched a CNN interview with Voddie Baucham, where he was pressed about Deborah, a Judge in the OT during a time when there were no men with enough spine to stand up and lead.

The CNN talking head asked about women pastorates in relation to Deborah leading a nation, and Voddie did great at pointing out the distinction between leading a nation and the doctrinal teaching authority within local churches. The talking heads scoffed at the idea that there is a distinction, and they failed to realize that Deborah leading the nation was an exception in OT scriptures, not the rule. Ability doesn't equal permission.

So, Deborah was not a priestess. Had she dared to perform any priestly duties by way of sacrifices for Israel's sins, and had she gone into the Holy of Holies to sprinkle the blood on the Mercy Seat, she would have been struck dead on the spot. So, the belief that women taking up the role of doctrinal teaching authority within some churches, and who are not struck dead on the spot, that it's therefore permissible in the eyes of God... That's just some screwy theology and rational, not to mention that it's an appeal to popularity rather than scriptural authority.

So, contrary to CNN and all other liberal twists and corruptions, being a leader in America, and being a Judge in the nation of Israel, neither a parallel to priesthood and doctrinal teaching authority.

Their manic giggles are quite sickening...

MM

Hello Musicmaster;

I just watched this last night!

Voddie Baucham was spot on! The host on CNN spoke, questioned, and even had to ask Margaret her take with Baucham. Though the host laughed, seemingly at him not knowing she was mocking God on world wide public television. YIKES!

What is even sad is she spoke of her reading the Bible (Deborah in Judges 4) yet she still didn't understand the context. It was all in the name of entertainment.

God bless you, MM, and I do listen to Voddie Baucham and listen/read John Macarthur (The Master Plan for the Church) but I follow Jesus. lol!

I watched a CNN interview with Voddie Baucham, where he was pressed about Deborah, a Judge in the OT during a time when there were no men with enough spine to stand up and lead.

The CNN talking head asked about women pastorates in relation to Deborah leading a nation, and Voddie did great at pointing out the distinction between leading a nation and the doctrinal teaching authority within local churches. The talking heads scoffed at the idea that there is a distinction, and they failed to realize that Deborah leading the nation was an exception in OT scriptures, not the rule. Ability doesn't equal permission.

So, Deborah was not a priestess. Had she dared to perform any priestly duties by way of sacrifices for Israel's sins, and had she gone into the Holy of Holies to sprinkle the blood on the Mercy Seat, she would have been struck dead on the spot. So, the belief that women taking up the role of doctrinal teaching authority within some churches, and who are not struck dead on the spot, that it's therefore permissible in the eyes of God... That's just some screwy theology and rational, not to mention that it's an appeal to popularity rather than scriptural authority.

So, contrary to CNN and all other liberal twists and corruptions, being a leader in America, and being a Judge in the nation of Israel, neither a parallel to priesthood and doctrinal teaching authority.

MM

Isn't it ridiculous when people who know nothing try to act like they know something.

What's even more amazing are Evangelicals who point at Deborah when trying to defend the liberal denominations that place women in positions of doctrinal teaching authorities. They do that at the exclusion of recognizing the Deborah did not even attempt to function in the capacity of a priest. That clearly was outside the allowances that the Lord nowhere made an exception, which includes the Church, which is God's creation, not man's.

Now, I'm not saying man-made churchianity doesn't have the right to have women as teaching authorities; the reason being, churchianity, as stated before, is a creation of men, not God. So, they have the autonomy to operate in whatever way they so desire.

The Church, however, is pure and unadulterated by the machinations of society and culture. The word of God remains unadulterated, even when man-made models compromise and become corrupt by various means.

MM

any burning bush will do if its o fire ! actually it was noble of him to let cnn do the interview. but why cast your pearls before the swine.. they had one intent and one only . to divide the Body of Christ

curious what is churchianity ?

What's even more amazing are Evangelicals who point at Deborah when trying to defend the liberal denominations that place women in positions of doctrinal teaching authorities. They do that at the exclusion of recognizing the Deborah did not even attempt to function in the capacity of a priest. That clearly was outside the allowances that the Lord nowhere made an exception, which includes the Church, which is God's creation, not man's.

Now, I'm not saying man-made churchianity doesn't have the right to have women as teaching authorities; the reason being, churchianity, as stated before, is a creation of men, not God. So, they have the autonomy to operate in whatever way they so desire.

The Church, however, is pure and unadulterated by the machinations of society and culture. The word of God remains unadulterated, even when man-made models compromise and become corrupt by various means.

MM
Agreed with all said!

Music leader, teacher, administration, all are Biblical BUT Ordained as a deacon or Pastor are not!

Now some argue for women pastors who do not know what the Bible says and why it says what it says as to why women can not be ordained Pastors.

any burning bush will do if its o fire ! actually it was noble of him to let cnn do the interview. but why cast your pearls before the swine.. they had one intent and one only . to divide the Body of Christ

curious what is churchianity ?

Hello forgiven;

The way I understand and define it, churchianity is completely opposite of the Church. churchianity are Christians who "play church." They make allowances for compromising the Bible with sprinkling secular, myths and naturalistic reasoning in the preaching and teaching.

Autonomy in churchianity and their bylaws, for example, allow cohabitation in their church to fill the attendance for needed ministries, received offerings. The leadership can be married, remarried and remarried, and the worship musicians don't know the Bible or practice discipleship as long as they can play and sing. These are man made doctrines for the success of their churchianity.

When we look in Scripture it counters churchianity with Truth and God's plan for His Church. I have experienced some bizarre rules in the church but we will choose God, and His Plan alone for His Church.

Hello forgiven;

The way I understand and define it, churchianity is completely opposite of the Church. churchianity are Christians who "play church." They make allowances for compromising the Bible with sprinkling secular, myths and naturalistic reasoning in the preaching and teaching.

Autonomy in churchianity and their bylaws, for example, allow cohabitation in their church to fill the attendance, needed ministries, received offerings, the leadership can be married, remarried and remarried, and the worship musicians don't know the Bible or practice discipleship as long as they can play and sing. These are man made doctrines for the success of their churchianity.

When we look in Scripture it counters churchianity with Truth and God's plan for His Church. I have experienced some bizarre rules in the church but we will choose God, and His Plan alone for His Church.

Well said!

Hello forgiven;

Autonomy in churchianity and their bylaws, for example, allow cohabitation in their church to fill the attendance, needed ministries, received offerings, the leadership can be married, remarried and remarried, and the worship musicians don't know the Bible or practice discipleship as long as they can play and sing. These are man made doctrines for the success of their churchianity.

Wow! That was very well said, Bob!

MM

MM
Remember, CNN means Communist News Network, so anytime a talking head there moves his/her lips, he/she is spouting leftist lies and propaganda.

Back