The Element of Time

We are living in an era when men are specializing in demanding God to do things. Many programs of man-made religion are premised on the theory that spiritual life can be received by "following these simple rules," or by "reading this book," or by "coming to this meeting." Such mortal advice gratifies the flesh but eventually ends in frustration because, in the spiritual life, the Father reserves the right to determine the schooling and the time of graduation. Thus, the time element has great significance. Carnal people always resist God's time element because they want to get eternity and it's questions settled so they can enjoy earthly life, Gal. 4:1-2.
God is not just interested in His sons settling down to earthly living. A babe might have a degree of such motivation, but the Father will fill the lacking knowledge with Grace. A son will be expected to be less earthly, and God will give less grace. Mature believers those who have crucified the flesh and brought it's motivations under subjection to the spiritual man will know they are pilgrims, strangers and sojourners on this earth. No spiritual believer will question the time element of God's dealing in his life because he does not analyze time according to the earthly.

'Now I say, That the heir,
as long as he is a child,
differeth nothing from a servant,
though he be lord of all;
But is under tutors and governors
until the time appointed of the father.'

(Gal 4:1,2)

Hello Noblemen,

Interesting thoughts.

However, does not this verse contrast the condition under the sphere of the law with the new and wonderful position 'in Christ' as being an heir with freedom and goes back to the illustration of the schoolmaster in (3:24,25). If so it cannot be a good illustration of the stages of growth of one who is a Son and heir, in Christ Jesus, by faith.

I agree that it is not for us to question God's timing. Yet the responsibility for growth in grace and truth and in the knowledge of God, in Christ, is for each one of us as individuasl, isn't it?. (1 Corinthians 3:1,2; Hebrews 6:1,2; 1 Peter 2:2; 2 Peter 3:18). We must be willing to open the Word of God and allow the Holy Spirit to use it to quicken us, and bring that growth that God desires for us

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Time is irrelevant to the man who walks by faith. Faith NEVER believes it is going to get something in the future, but always believes it has already received it when it prayed.

I was meditating one time along these lines, and the Lord said to me, "Stop trying to be the person you are not, and start acting like the person you already are".
At first I did not understand this, until I realized I was trying to act like a person who was "slowly" becoming Christ like. Even though the scriptures say, " but, we all with open face as beholding as in a mirror the Glory of the Lord are changed into that same image from glory to glory" it is not that Christ is slowly manifesting himself inside the believer, as he is already living in us in his fullness. Our spiritual grow is not that Christ is slowly manifesting himself in us, but in our outward actions are slowly changing to match the person we already are!! Of course this only comes about as we receive revelation of God's Word which allows us to see Christ in us in his Glory. It is exactly like walking by faith, as faith never believes it going to get something in the future, but believes it already has it, and attained it..

I think this scripture sheds some light on the subject.

James 1:23.. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: (mirror)
James 1:24.. For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
James 1:25.. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

The man who only is a hearer of the word, is the man who looks into a mirror, and then he forgets immediately who he really is. The man who is a doer of the word is the man who looks into the exact same mirror and see's who he already is!! His actions will match to whom he see's in the mirror, which is Jesus Christ!! Now this is spiritual growth. :)

Last edited:
Father reserves the right to determine the schooling and the time of graduation.
I totally agree. It is not the "student" who determines what will be "taught", but the teacher!! I myself try not to decide what to study in the scriptures, I wait on the Lord to lead me to what the subject will be today, or for the week.

Last edited:
Yes
'Now I say, That the heir,
as long as he is a child,
differeth nothing from a servant,
though he be lord of all;
But is under tutors and governors
until the time appointed of the father.'

(Gal 4:1,2)

Hello Noblemen,

Interesting thoughts.

However, does not this verse contrast the condition under the sphere of the law with the new and wonderful position 'in Christ' as being an heir with freedom and goes back to the illustration of the schoolmaster in (3:24,25). If so it cannot be a good illustration of the stages of growth of one who is a Son and heir, in Christ Jesus, by faith.

I agree that it is not for us to question God's timing. Yet the responsibility for growth in grace and truth and in the knowledge of God, in Christ, is for each one of us as individuasl, isn't it?. (1 Corinthians 3:1,2; Hebrews 6:1,2; 1 Peter 2:2; 2 Peter 3:18). We must be willing to open the Word of God and allow the Holy Spirit to use it to quicken us, and bring that growth that God desires for us

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

The Father moves us along as an Individual allowing the school house to bring about His purpose which is to reveal Christ in you.
It all sounds so simple doesn't it but it is a life time of learning.
There is a point in His training that He does reveal His Son in you, Gal. 1:15-16.
It will come in a package (for lack of a better term) you are not looking for.
You will know that it is your Father only that could do such a wonderful thing.

Back