The extreme point of view

The John 3 point of view. We've all read it, but do we truly know the ramifications. Either that person is born again or not, regardless of the thousands of denominations out there. If you are not born again in this life time, the last resort for the person is the Lake of Fire. How do (you) see the world. Does it make you view the world differently.

Jesus Teaches Nicodemus

John 3:1-8 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

3Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

4“How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

- ATP

The 1899 Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible actual has a more literal and correct translation to English from the original Greek -
Jesus answered: Amen, amen, I say to thee, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh: and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Wonder not that I said to thee: You must be born again.
The Spirit breatheth where he will and thou hearest his voice: but thou knowest not whence he cometh and whither he goeth. So is every one that is born of the Spirit. John 3: 5-8
And again with Young's Literal Translation of 1898:
Jesus answered, `Verily, verily, I say to thee, If any one may not be born of water, and the Spirit, he is not able to enter into the reign of God; that which hath been born of the flesh is flesh, and that which hath been born of the Spirit is spirit.
`Thou mayest not wonder that I said to thee, It behoveth you to be born from above; the Spirit where he willeth doth blow, and his voice thou dost hear, but thou hast not known whence he cometh, and whither he goeth; thus is every one who hath been born of the Spirit.' John 3: 5-8

The John 3 point of view. We've all read it, but do we truly know the ramifications. Either that person is born again or not, regardless of the thousands of denominations out there. If you are not born again in this life time, the last resort for the person is the Lake of Fire. How do (you) see the world. Does it make you view the world differently.

Jesus Teaches Nicodemus

John 3:1-8 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

3Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

4“How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

- ATP

How do I see the world ?
Lost and with out hope unless we begin to shine brightly of Christ's Love and take the Love of God to them. We are their hope, supply, love, mercy and help. That is what we are to be but many of us are not.

I have a better question for you.........turn it around, you are lost and struggling in this evil world of this day and age..........how do you see the church and the christians or Gods, hands and mouth ? Is His love easy to see ?

Blessings
Jim

I like to think of the 'John 3 point of view' as the gospel, according
to Jesus. Until we are 'born from above', by the Spirit, we are
the walking dead... no spiritual life, no power for living. And this
view really does have an impact on ones world view. Many sit
in 'denominations' trusting man made ordinances for their
salvation, to their peril.

The point of view. We've all read it, but do we truly know the ramifications. Either that person is born again or not, regardless of the thousands of denominations out there. If you are not born again in this life time, the last resort for the person is the Lake of Fire. How do (you) see the world. Does it make you view the world differently...
How do I see the world?
  • It is a world of ego-fear. It is full of all sorts of greed in a vain attempt to satisfy an unfulfilled need to feel okay.
  • It is a battlefield of the egos. Everybody running on a desire to be right and to be liked.
Does it make you view the world differently?
  • There are those 'who do not know what they are doing', and those that do know what they are doing.
  • Those that do know, know that they are fully responsible for their own thoughts and actions. They don't blame other people, places, things, and situations for their errors.
  • They do not judge others for they understand what it is like to be lost in this world.
  • They remain humble and meek out of gratitude and love for their rebirth, and for knowing that to love is being Christ-like; the truth, the life and the way to helping others to choose rebirth for salvation.

Jesus Teaches Nicodemus

- ATP

The world is a collection of unique individuals. Some are saved, many are not.

In my case I do not see my ministry as convicting non believers, but one of service. I know the lake of fire awaits all who do not accept the Lord's sacrifice for our sins, but I do not concentrate on that. I do not find it edifying for me or to attempt to gauge the spiritual position of others. The separation of sheep from goats is the Lord's work. He may have called others to do that, but He hasn't called me for that purpose. I can be outspoken about what I know to be wrong without myself condemning those that do those things.

I am not saying that the world is not sinful, or not a constant hindrance, or that the world does not need to be told of its need for the Lord, I just am not primarily the one sent to convict. In my later years, I am more interested in service the needs of those I meet daily (both spiritual and physical). I have more time to spend now, and am grateful that the Lord uses me to aid those around me.

I try to be a blessing to my family, my friends, my acquaintances, and to those that I meet by chance. It is important to me to not to primarily be seen doing good or charitable things, but to let people know who I ultimately serve so that the Lord may be glorified by his creature.

In fighting sin, I believe my most critical eye needs to be focused sharply in the mirror (at my self).

That is not to say that there are not times when I am more forceful. There are times when I am confronted by someone that is actively threatening to anyone that serves the Lord. In several cases I have had to let the Lord speak through my mouth and deliver hard truths. This has mostly been directed at the individuals before me, and rarely directed at groups or classes of individuals. I see the world less as a single mass headed for the lake of fire, but of many individuals who need to individually see the Love of God as well as accept their need.

Back