The Famous “sin Lists” And The Condemnations Attached

Remember to put those lists in the context from where they came. Many are listed as a contrast to the fruits of the Spirit. And remember, Love covers a multitude of sins. Thank you Jesus! I need more love, please pass the love. :)

I just cannot see these "warning lists" as being the law.
I see them as revealing that Christians have their part to play in their salvation process,
as they work out their salvation, etc.

Throughout ALL of Scripture, God's plan, method, etc. has been that
He and man work together in a co-operative effort to accomplish His desires!
Please note: our salvation is His desire, not man's who is @ enmity with God, etc.!

The OP ends with ...
Some people insist that these sin lists refer only to unbelievers …
but here we see that the unbelieving are just another member of one of the sin lists!

However, you did not offer an opinion on it.

At a cursory look, I would say that repented-of sins do not lead to death (1 John 5).

I kind of get where your coming from and I'm not looking for a huge debate here but just to be clear, you do believe that when an individual gives their hearts to Christ that they are cleansed by his blood, that he paid the penalty our sin yesterday, today and tomorrow and that he fulfilled the law on our behalf. Just checking to see if we've on the same page. Blessings...

... you do believe that when an individual gives their hearts to Christ that they are cleansed by his blood,
that he paid the penalty our sin yesterday, today and tomorrow and that he fulfilled the law on our behalf.
IMO, Christ paid the penalty for our sins committed prior to our being born-again.
And I'm sorry, but I'm tired of repeating the same story over and over again ...
Man's salvation is a co-operative effort between God and man,
and man's part is to keep his sins cleansed by Jesus' blood.
This is called confessing and repenting of sin.

Very recently, I have been discovering that the original post-apostolic church
(the EOC) has always believed this to be true, which is the anti-OSAS position.

Love covers a multitude of sins. Thank you Jesus!
Just had an idea ... Jesus kept saying in John:
If you love Me, you will obey My commandments, and My Father will love you, etc.
Yes, if you love Jesus, you will not be involved in unrepented-of sins, let alone a multitude of them.

IMO, Christ paid the penalty for our sins committed prior to our being born-again.
And I'm sorry, but I'm tired of repeating the same story over and over again ...
Man's salvation is a co-operative effort between God and man,
and man's part is to keep his sins cleansed by Jesus' blood.
This is called confessing and repenting of sin.

Very recently, I have been discovering that the original post-apostolic church
(the EOC) has always believed this to be true, which is the anti-OSAS position.

I think in many respects you seem to be missing the point of what it means to give your life to Jesus Christ. We give our lives to Jesus because we've recognize our sinful condition and require his grace to be righteous before the throne of God, we are all sinners and if any man claims otherwise, he is a liar. You seem to be missing the point that the strength of sin is the law, it's the entire point of Paul's preaching in Romans 5-8, there's nothing wrong with God's Law it's perfect, but when the law came, sin revived and by it slew me was Paul's word's. You will never succeed as a Christian until you understand this formula, men can't obey the teachings of Jesus Christ until they recognise that there's now no law written against them. Friend I preach the teachings of Jesus Christ publicly in a regular basis as a Pastor encouraging those hearers to take on the teachings of Christ to live a transformed life because I know those teachings work and not from book learning. The message is the good news, that Jesus Christ fulfilled the whole law on my behalf making it void, now we follow the teachings of Jesus Christ as free people but if individuals don't sense that freedom, that grace, if all that can be done is speak in some laws, regulations and teachings then the point is being missed in a Christian's life.

Preaching and teaching God's Word whether it's public or on a forum means absolutely nothing without love, it's all about what attitude you put it across. Regards your post Apostolic church, we need to stick to the teachings of the Apostolic Church as contained within the scriptures and not from any other forms unless credible. The foundation of the Apostles and the Prophets stand sure, we need no other reference than his Word.

... we need to stick to the teachings of the Apostolic Church as contained within the scriptures
and not from any other forms unless credible. The foundation of the Apostles and the Prophets stand sure,
we need no other reference than his Word.
Yes, for sure, the reference point is the word of God
(the Word was sent, He came, and He was manifested in the form of Jesus).

Would you care to explain what all of the many dozens of warnings are doing in the NT,
some of which actually threaten one's "eternal life"?

They have nothing to do with rewards, which are never mentioned in all of the verses I reference.
So, what is their purpose in the NT?

Back