The First Works....

A man’s enemies will be of his own “house”….that is, his own “church” that he is attending when a man shall hear the Word of Truth and will believe in what he hears. Those of his own “house” will become adversarial toward any who will receive the love of the Truth in this coming time. Perilous times shall come for those who are in “church” and have received the love of the Truth. We must come out from among them and be separate. We must not shrink back when they will persecute us but follow Him out in faith.

We must bear our cross….that is, not rendering evil for their evil when we leave. Let us bear His reproach outside the “camp” . Let us not look back like Lot’s wife.

Luke 14:25-27 KJV

(25) And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,
(26) If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
(27) And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Let us go forth unto Him without the camp …..outside our churches…..bearing His reproach without rendering evil for evil….that is, we are to bear our cross. Bearing His reproach = bearing the cross=following His example.

Hebrews 13:12-16 KJV

(12) Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
(13) Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.
(14) For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

By Him, we are to offer the sacrifice of our lips: praising God continually….giving thanks to His name. We are to confess His authority with our mouths. His thoughts and ways are higher than our own.

We are to always do good especially in the face of the persecutions of the “family” we leave behind in our churches. They will think it strange that we will no longer run with them and will speak evil of us for leaving but let us always do the will of God thereby praising Him always and sanctifying Him in our hearts continually.

(15) By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
(16) But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

Those we leave behind in our churches shall try our faith with their false accusations and the slandering of our names. We are to be baptized by “fire”….the testing of our faith…for all who live godly in Jesus shall suffer persecution by those we leave behind.

But we are to REJOICE when this will happen for then we are made partaker of His sufferings. If we suffer with Him, we shall also share in His GLORY when it shall be revealed so that we may be glad also with EXCEEDING JOY. His life is to appear in our mortal flesh and we shall be exceedingly joyful and our enemies shall be mortified.

1 Peter 4:12-19 KJV

(12) Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
(13) But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings
; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
(14) If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
(15) But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
(16) Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
(17) For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
(18) And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

It is the will of God that we keep our souls to Him in well doing. We are to suffer according to the will of God bearing His reproach as we leave the “camp” and go out unto Him.

(19) Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Some will have left their churches after they have found that those who call themselves “apostles” are not who they say they are. They shall try those that say they are apostles but are not.

Revelation 2:

(1) Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
(2) I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
(3) And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.

We are to not keep company with those who call themselves “brothers” but are covetous. These are men who preach for money rather than work with their own hands to support their own necessities in life. Many are preaching and getting paid for it as they build their kingdoms that they rule in. A king collects his taxes from his subjects and puts them to work in his kingdom. Not so with a true apostle.

The “tradition” that we have received from the true apostles is that they worked with their own hands day and night so that we should follow them in their example. They were servants of the Lord Jesus Christ and did not preach themselves….getting paid for preaching.

A true apostle works with his own hands to support his own needs and is not a busybody in the church. The church is NOT a business but is the body of Christ. Covetousness should not be named once among us as saints. It has NO BUSINESS being among us. We are to have our own job or business apart from the “church” to support our own needs. Some will disagree with this: the brothers that will walk “disorderly” and not after the transmission (tradition) that we have received from the true apostles.

2 Thessalonians 3:6-16 KJV

(6) Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.
(7) For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;
(8) Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:
(9) Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.
(10) For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
(11) For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
(12) Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.
(13) But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.

The false apostles will NOT obey their word. We identify them by their refusal to obey the commandment and we are commanded to no longer keep company with them. They will fail the test of a true apostle as they will continue to preach for a pay check and disregard the definition of a true apostle.

(14) And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

Yet we are not to count them as an enemy but admonish them as brothers. We must not weary in well doing even when they will fail the test of a true apostle.

(15) Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.
(16) Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all

The word “apostle” means “sent”. Jesus sends out the brothers WITHOUT “purse, nor scrip”….things to collect money in. The truly “sent” ones go without their hands held out for money. They preach not for money but are servants in the Word.

They will not take “shoes”…a product to sell the spiritually “poor”. They will not be selling their books, sermons, music, seminars, etc to the sheep. His house is NOT a house of merchandise. An apostle will not salute any man by the way. That is, he will not flatter others with the tongue in order to get gain.

Luke 10:3-4 KJV

(3) Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.
(4) Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way

We shall LACK NOTHING if we follow His directive. Seek FIRST the kingdom of God and all of those other things shall be added to us. God knows we need them. "apostle" = "sent". They are sent without all the things to collect money and without guile (deceitful flattery) in their mouths.

Luke 22:35 KJV

(35) And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.

The church in Ephesus (meaning “FIRST”) are the first to trust in Christ. They will see the false apostles for who they are but they will forget to admonish them as brothers. We are not to treat them as enemies but admonish them as brothers.

They had left their first love….brotherly love. They had fallen but they were counseled to REMEMBER and change the mind and do the “first works”.

Revelation 2:

(4) Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
(5) Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

These are the “first works” that we are to do…..

2 Peter 1:1-12 KJV

(1) Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
(2) Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
(3) According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
(4) Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
(5) And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

(6) And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
(7) And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

If we do these “first works”….having these things in us abounding, they will make us so that we shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. The church in Ephesus was not having brotherly love towards the false apostles.

If we remember to do them and change our minds and overcome, we shall be able to eat of the “tree of life”. He shall make us fruitful in the knowledge of our Lord. We shall win souls. If we are publicly shaming the false apostles by name, who will then listen to us? The candlestick will be removed from its place as no one will be won over with our bad mouthing of the false apostles. No one will listen to the testimony of Jesus in us if we speak evil of others.

(8) For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(9) But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

If we do the first works with diligence, we shall never FALL. The church in Ephesus left their first love. They weren’t giving it their full diligence to make their calling and election sure. They had fallen and were counseled to REMEMBER and change their minds and do the “first works” so that they may not be barren nor unfruitful in His knowledge. He would give the to eat of the tree of life…..as they will then be fruitful in His Word of Truth by winning souls for Him.

(10) Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
(11) For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

The church in Ephesus was counseled to REMEMBER for they had fallen….they had forgotten to do them. Peter wrote to us today to put us always in REMEMBERANCE of these things so that we shall not fall.

(12) Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.

We shall be fruitful….eating of the fruit of the tree of life…..that is, we shall then be able to win souls if we pursue the first works with all diligence.

Revelation 2:

(6) But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
(7) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life…..winning souls for Him. We shall be fruitful in His knowledge.....He give to eat of the tree of life. We are to use our tongues as the tree of life so that others may hear us....so that they may be won over.

Proverbs 11:30 KJV

(30) The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

A healing tongue is a tree of life.

Proverbs 15:4 KJV

(4) A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.

We can not use our tongues as swords to cut off the hearing of another. We can not single out someone by name and cut off the ear so to speak. Who will listen to us if we are vilifying someone? We will never be fruitful but will then be barren.

John 18:10-11 KJV

(10) Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.

(11) Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?

Good Word Brother as always.

2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Good Word Brother as always.

2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Thank you Brother for reading....and for your kindness. Sorry for the delay in responding.

Our candlestick is removed out of his place if we have not brotherly love for one another. No one will listen to us if we do not show love towards our enemies….those who will not believe in the testimony of Jesus.

He comes to us quickly NOW ( I am coming = present tense) to remove the candlestick out of his place except we change our minds (repent) about behaving without love in our knowledge of the Scriptures. They will not hear the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ if we act badly towards the unbelievers. We become unfruitful and barren in His knowledge for no one will listen to us if we berate another.

Revelation..

(4) Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

“I will come” = I AM coming….presently. If we do not have love even for our enemies, then no one will listen as we speak. They will not see the Light of the knowledge of the Lord in our voices. We will be unfruitful and barren in His knowledge as others will not listen. This is the judgment of the Lord.

(5) Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Though we may speak the Scriptures with all understanding and have not love, then we become as sounding brass or a tinkling cymbal. Without love….the first love….brotherly love, we are nothing. Though we may have the gift of prophecy and understand all the mysteries of the kingdom of God and have all knowledge of the Scriptures and have all faith in that knowledge but have not LOVE, then we are nothing. Who will listen to the knowledge of the Scriptures if we behave without love and are puffed up in our knowledge?

1 Corinthians 13:1-4 KJV

(1) Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
(2) And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
(3) And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Love is not puffed up but is long suffering and is kind.

(4) Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

The “wife” or “woman” is the tongue to the “hidden man of the heart”. We are to have rule over our tongues so that no unkind….no unprofitable….no empty word comes out of our mouths while we speak His Word to others. By being kind….having brotherly love, we may also be fruitful in His knowledge as those who will not believe the Word may also be won over by the behavior of our mouths.

1 Peter 3:1-11 KJV

(1) Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
(2) While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

We are NOT to use our tongues for flattery. This is how Babylon is “dressed”. She is the flattering tongue speaking good words and fair speeches to deceive the hearts of the simple. Men speak glittering, flattering words in order to lead people astray. They do these things for other’s “gold, silver and apparel” .

(3) Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

But the “hidden man” of the heart is to have a meek and quiet spirit….a meek and quiet breath to speak with. The tongue is the “weaker vessel” that the hidden man of the heart is supposed to rule over so that others may hear and believe….even without initially believing in what we say.

(4) But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
(5) For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:
(6) Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

The “hidden man” is to dwell with the tongue in subjection by always speaking with grace and peace so that we be heirs together of the grace of life. We are to dwell with out tongues that will speak His words of life and spirit according to knowledge. We may be fruitful with our speaking if we always let love rule over our tongues so that what we may speak (His Word) is not hindered. Our "prayers" are not hindered if we always speak in love.

(7) Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
(8) Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
(9) Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

Peter is not switching to another topic here. This is the commentary….the summation...of what he was talking about ( the wives being in subjection to the husband). It is the tongue that we are to refrain from speaking evil. The “woman”…the tongue…. is to be in subjection to the “hidden man” of the heart. “She” is not to be adorned in gold and putting on of apparel…..speaking no deceit. Many put on good words as a cover for their covetousness.

(10) For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
(11) Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.

Our speech is always to be with grace, seasoned with salt....

(5) Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.
(6) Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
(7) All my state shall Tychicus declare unto you, who is a beloved brother, and a faithful minister and fellowservant in the Lord:
(8) Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that he might know your estate, and comfort your hearts;

We are to not let corrupt communication proceed out of our mouths......

(29) Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
(30) And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
(31) Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

In this way, the "bride"....the "wife".... readies herself....so that the tongue may speak the "TRUE SAYINGS" of God. Others will listen if we are always arrayed in "fine linen"...righteousness.

R JV
(7) Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
(8) And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
(9) And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

(1) Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
(2) And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
(3) And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Interesting that the word, "Charity" means "Love" which also means "God" for For "God is Love". Nobody can do any of these things or have understanding, or all knowledge, or Wisdom, or even faith as "faith works by love (God) " without "Love" "God" Since all these things are given and done by God, we can not say we have or can do them ourselves as only God does them through his Church as we yield ourselves to him as a living sacrifice.
I have always liked this verse in Revelations.

Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

As the word "quickly" means "without delay" and the word "come" is always translated in the present tense. In other words "I am coming right now and there is no delay!!!" :)

So... The revelation passage you quote - 2:1-7 is the Church of Ephesus....
The "First Love" they forsook was the Love of CHRIST himself... Not brotherly love......
They were so wrapped up in Doctrinal purity that they FORGOT the love of Jesus.... How many churches today are just like that... where they focus ON doctrinal purity... Forgetting that Belief in the Doctrine doesn't save you... Belief in JESUS is what saves you....

On the actual subject of your post......
Many Christians are feeling the pull to get out of their church.... We must not confuse this with FORSAKE CHURCHES altogether.... That's just a confused response..... rather realize that when you are feeling "Come out of her my people" - its God trying to get YOU away from the Harlot Church Organization whose goal is to Enrich themselves by keeping YOU in line for the Government.....

God is love. This is love: that we walk after His commandments. This is His commandment: that we love one another.

KJV
(5) And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
(6) And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Having love for one another (brotherly love) is abiding in the doctrine of Christ. It is the teaching of Christ. God is love. If we do not abide in the teaching of Christ to have love for one another, then we have not God….for God is love. We can not keep company with those who do not His doctrine even though they say that they "know God". If they say they know Him and don

1 KJV

(9) Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
(10) If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
(11) For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

As Jesus says, he that has His commandments and keeps them is he that loves Him. We love Christ as we keep His commandments.

J JV

(21) He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
(22) Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
(23) Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
(24) He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

The love of God is completed if we keep His Word….His Saying: have love for one another.

KJV

(5) But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

God is love. This is love: that we walk after His commandments. This is His commandment: that we love one another.

KJV
(5) And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
(6) And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Having love for one another (brotherly love) is abiding in the doctrine of Christ. It is the teaching of Christ. God is love. If we do not abide in the teaching of Christ to have love for one another, then we have not God….for God is love. We can not keep company with those who do not His doctrine even though they say that they "know God". If they say they know Him and don

1 KJV

(9) Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
(10) If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
(11) For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

As Jesus says, he that has His commandments and keeps them is he that loves Him. We love Christ as we keep His commandments.

J JV

(21) He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
(22) Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
(23) Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
(24) He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

The love of God is completed if we keep His Word….His Saying: have love for one another.

KJV

(5) But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

Interesting in if we "keep" His Word in us, and not let the enemy "steal" the Word out of us, which allows that seed to grow and produce it's fruit, we are loving Jesus. In return, Jesus loves us back by revealing Himself to us. If we have never seen him than maybe we are truly not loving him.

I think the term house means their family not their church, those of the church stand on the truth but many inside the church today are not a part of His church and this is why they cause problems.

Back