The full armour of God

Michael Collum

Inactive
The full armour of God

Hey in appreciation of the advice i have been given three times already .. i thought i'd share what i have learned about this very important topic .

1 Samuel 17:38-39 (King James Version)

38And Saul armed David with his armour, and he put an helmet of brass upon his head; also he armed him with a coat of mail.
39And David girded his sword upon his armour, and he assayed to go; for he had not proved it. And David said unto Saul, I cannot go with these; for I have not proved them. And David put them off him.

The Armour of God, is personalized . you cannot wear someone elses' armour . God has a particular kind of armour for your unique spirit .

1 Kings 20:11 (NIV)
The king of Israel answered, "Tell him: 'One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.'

It is important to not to be proud as though you were invincible . if you need armour to fight the enemy . and we all do . then don't boast over the enemy as though you didn't .

Romans 13:12-14 (King James Version)

12The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
13Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
14But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

The Armour of light is the armour of God because God is the Light . when we put on the full armour of God we are putting on the full nature of Christ in sincerity meditating on our relationship with him, how much he loves us and his faithfulness in all situations . to put on the armour of light . is to walk honestly . and hide nothing . hiding . is darkness . but being honest . is light . honesty that emulates rioting or emotional drunkeness, strife or envy is not honesty of the light . See the letter of James on what he says of the Heavenly wisdom and the bitter envying kind for more elaboration . When putting on Honesty, do not put on the honesty of the devil, but the honesty of Love, because God is Love . put on the armour of light .

2 Corinthians 6

1We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
2(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
3Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:
4But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
5In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;
6By pureness, by knowledge, by long suffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,
7By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,
8By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;
9As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;
10As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

The armour of Righteousness, speaks of Jesus also . in that as Jeremiah prophesied, he is the branch of Jesse, the Lord, our Righteousness . The armour of righteousness goes on the left and the right hand because it relates to how you live your life as Christ towards others . the armour of righteousness is trusting God in self sacrifice in dying to self . when others come first before you and God before everything . you make yourself last . this is what Jesus did . and to put on this armour then we must put Him on . Put on Jesus Christ, the son of Jesse, the branch, our vine, our beloved .

Ephesians 6:10-22 (King James Version)

10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
20For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
21But that ye also may know my affairs, and how I do, Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all things:
22Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts.

Be strong in the Lord and the power of His might .

The strength of God is in who He is . so in this armour . is showing . who God is . and the characteristics God will be bringing out of you in trials and every day life .

"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. "

To take the whole armour unto me .. would mean that it would be something i would receive . and having done all, to stand .. hmm that would involve some work to put on the whole armour of God . from the context i would suggest continuous prayers and proclaiming the gospel through your life . would be the key here . the goodnews of Jesus Christ is the power of God to all who believe . Therefore, be strong in the power of his might . and put on the full nature of God .

The full armour of God, is something that grows in you and from your relationship with God . The full armour of God is when God's nature becomes full within you . i hope you all find this of good use .

Love,

-Michael

Back