The Gift

Dusty

Inactive
The Gift

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit

Being saved is a gift . If a person could earn it by being good ---- then it would no be free ---- but it is . It is given to those who do not work for it . For God declares sinners to be good in his sight if they have faith in Christ to save them from God 's wrath .

Salvation is like a gift that some one has given us and we say " Oh what a pretty package " But we put the package aside , never knowing what is inside.

Likewise , Jesus has offered us salvation through the shed Blood of Calvary but if we never open our hearts and accept Him , we will never receive what He has to offer for us .

If we do not accept the gift ---- the Giver cannot accept us.

That is the greatest gift of all is it not- union and communion with God Himself.

That is the greatest gift of all is it not- union and communion with God Himself.

Without a doubt Brother. I regret that it took me so long to figure that out. I wasted so many years searching for that gift, when it was so near at all times and wouldn't have cost a thing. Jesus paid the cost and I was too blind to see it. Thank God I do now.

Thank you Dusty for posting that, it's so true.

Blessings, Cheri

It sure is . Amen . Praise God .

Jesus offers us , who like the disciples , are unworthy , because they needed a Saviour and He was that Saviour ... Praise His name.

I was thinking this morning . We are no different from the disciples . One of them betrayed Jesus, one denied Him , and all of them abandoned Him .

But now we have been redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb and we all can pull up a chair at His table amongst all the other unworthy and feast on a Banquet of Jesus Words.

By reading His Word we can sup with Him and have a closer relationship with Him . That is so amazing . That's why it is called " Amazing Grace"

Without a doubt Brother. I regret that it took me so long to figure that out. I wasted so many years searching for that gift, when it was so near at all times and wouldn't have cost a thing. Jesus paid the cost and I was too blind to see it. Thank God I do now.

Thank you Dusty for posting that, it's so true.

Blessings, Cheri

You are so welcome , Cheri . Like you I was stubborn and rejected Him for so many years out in the World but I thank and praise Him that I repented and the Father accepted me in to His open arms .... just like the prodigal son.

Back