The Goal of Reading the Bible

We all yearn for the truth of God’s will and I sometimes wonder: why isn’t scripture plain for us to see equally, so that we can then agree in our worship and be confident of being glorified?
So we've all been given differing talents for God's glory, and if we do use them for God’s glory we are on an equal footing with other faithful, trustworthy brothers and sisters as servants of God, regardless of our how great or small our innate understanding or comprehension of his word may be.
I suppose this would be a point of interpretation but my understanding is that ‘talents’ in Scripture refer to units of money and not abilities.

I suppose this would be a point of interpretation but my understanding is that ‘talents’ in Scripture refer to units of money and not abilities.
Matthew, 25:15, NASB
“To one he gave five talents, to another, two, and to another, one, each according to his own ability; and he went on his journey.”

As this seems a parable to my understanding I am interpreting talents not as literal money, but in this context as “rewards” for our unique and individual contributions or talents to be offered to the Lord.

I suppose I could have used something such as abilities, aptitudes, skills, rewards or blessings instead of talents and it may have been clearer.

Thank you crossnote and God Bless.

Matthew, 25:15, NASB
“To one he gave five talents, to another, two, and to another, one, each according to his own ability; and he went on his journey.”

As this seems a parable to my understanding I am interpreting talents not as not literal money, but in this context as “rewards” for our unique and individual contributions or talents offered to the Lord.

I suppose I could have used something such as abilities, aptitudes, skills, rewards or blessings instead of talents and it may have been clearer.

Thank you crossnote and God Bless.
I guess I was thinking 🤔 of this verse…
But he who received the one talent went away, and dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.
— Matthew 25:18

I guess different translations render it differently.

and dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.
— Matthew 25:18
And how did that work out for him?

I took this parable to be an exhortation to use the talents (abilities) the good Lord gives us for His Glory, each of us to use to the best of his/her abilities.

But this is a good illustration of my original post #1, I wish sometimes things were clearer for ALL our benefits. 🙂

Back