The Godhead

Concerning the spirituality of Christianity, it’s always best to seek that which is the most important; and wisdom teaches one to regularly seek from God that which has the most spiritual growth at the present time. One can be sure that one of the most important of all issues at all times is bestowing to the Father honor and praise. Equally important is bestowing honor and praise to the Lord Jesus for His part in expiating the sins of all reborn; and blessed be the Holy Spirit in the highest sense and respect, for being used to do all that They do.

Every blessing man receives proceeds from the Father, for all is to glorify Him through the Son (Jhn 5:19; 12:49; 15:15). Thus, it is imperative to contribute all to the Father, through the Son, by Their Holy Spirit.
It seems all begins with the Father and ends with Him. He sent the Lord Jesus, and the Lord Jesus sent the Spirit—from the Father (Jhn 15:26).

To whom will every tongue eventually confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord? “To the glory of the Father” (Phl 2:11). Hence, I have no difficulty in understanding that the Father is the “Godhead.” In all three usages when Scripture refers to the “Godhead” it’s always in reference to God, who is the God and Father of the Lord Jesus (Jhn 20:17).

In Acts 17:29 we see that Christians “are the offspring of God,” and that we are “not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.”

Romans 1:19, 20 writes, “that which may be known of God is manifest in them (the unsaved world, which believes God exists but do not believe in His Word), because God hath shewed it unto them” (proved in their conscience He is real, no such thing as a genuine atheist). For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse” (nobody will be able to claim ignorance).

Colossians 2:9 is the primary adherence to all that pertains to God, in that all that God is, the Son is, concerning essence and power; of course this does not include the fact that the Father, or God, is in the highest authority of the Trinity (Jhn 14:28). This passage declares that the “fullness of the Godhead” (all that the Father is) resides or “dwells” within Christ, the Lord Jesus. There is Son of God, Spirit of God, but no Father of God—because God is the Father; and all other references to Christ and the Spirit being God are only in the sense of representing God the Father in the complete capacity of all that God the Father is in essence and power; as if its God Himself.
NC

Hello netchaplain;

The Godhead is a wonderful post. I learned something about myself this morning from reading your thread.

I truly respect and admire those who participate in Biblical, theoretical discussions. Usually when I listen or read a topic, I can usually tell when it is going to be theoretical. It usually starts off as viable, good argument. It may or may not have a conclusion but can result in value that can be something learned.

I'm more of a person that loves to listen and discuss Biblical Truth. But these discussions also stimulate differing views and interpretation.

There is a distinction between theoretical or Biblical discussions. Biblical theoretical involves supposition, or logical "what ifs." Biblical Truth is based on facts solely from the Bible but with differing interpretation.

We should not dismiss or judge both forms of discussion based on one's personal capacity of knowledge, opinion, interpretation of the Bible and their faith.

I believe in the Godhead. I have studied the Godhead and believe the Godhead is Biblical Truth equating to the Trinity. Without belief in the Trinity cuts the legs off the majority of God's Word.

But I'm also aware that many Christians haven't reconciled the Godhead, or Trinity, the word Trinity is not in the Bible, the Holy Spirit and Jesus are not consistent with the unity of God. This does not qualify as a theoretical, viable or visible discussion, but a much needed discussion of our interpretation and gained learning from Biblical Truth.

With respect to your thread, Bob, it would be appreciated if you could simply define how the Godhead is unified. I'm happy to jump in.

God bless you, brother and thank you for sharing
The Godhead.

Hello netchaplain;

The Godhead is a wonderful post. I learned something about myself this morning from reading your thread.

I truly respect and admire those who participate in Biblical, theoretical discussions. Usually when I listen or read a topic, I can usually tell when it is going to be theoretical. It usually starts off as viable, good argument. It may or may not have a conclusion but can result in value that can be something learned.

I'm more of a person that loves to listen and discuss Biblical Truth. But these discussions also stimulate differing views and interpretation.

There is a distinction between theoretical or Biblical discussions. Biblical theoretical involves supposition, or logical "what ifs." Biblical Truth is based on facts solely from the Bible but with differing interpretation.

We should not dismiss or judge both forms of discussion based on one's personal capacity of knowledge, opinion, interpretation of the Bible and their faith.

I believe in the Godhead. I have studied the Godhead and believe the Godhead is Biblical Truth equating to the Trinity. Without belief in the Trinity cuts the legs off the majority of God's Word.

But I'm also aware that many Christians haven't reconciled the Godhead, or Trinity, the word Trinity is not in the Bible, the Holy Spirit and Jesus are not consistent with the unity of God. This does not qualify as a theoretical, viable or visible discussion, but a much needed discussion of our interpretation and gained learning from Biblical Truth.

With respect to your thread, Bob, it would be appreciated if you could simply define how the Godhead is unified. I'm happy to jump in.

God bless you, brother and thank you for sharing
The Godhead.
Pretty deep Brother, lot of good information I think! Concerning the Trinity, all things have to do with it because They do nothing apart from the other; each has Their part to do in everything They do.

The reason for the particular identifications of the Father (God) Son and Holy Spirit are to declare that They are different Persons, and each possess the same power and essence as the Other; but there is the pertinency of knowing that there is a varying authority between the Trinity, with the Father being the greatest (Jhn 14:28) in authority.

The Lod Jesus revealed He was greater in authority than the Spirit by declaring that the Father would "send" the Spirit in His name (Jhn 14:26); this is the same as in Jhn 15:26, as Jesus said He would send the Spirit from the Father, demonstrating that the One sending is greater in authority than the One sent!

Back