The Golden Compass

This reminds me a bit of the uproar that surrounded "The Last Temptation of Christ". Christians boycotted it, but because they were so verbal, people went to see it just to see what the controversy was about. But really, if Christians would have just ignored it, it would have been ignored by everyone. After all, what non-Christian is going to be interested in a movie and Jesus...false or not?

Well I don't know Ban but alot of folks went to see Mel's Passion of the Christ movie. I believe the boycott of large groups of displeased people hit's them where it hurts ( the wallet ) and sends a strong message- mocking peoples faith is not a profitable business venture.

This reminds me a bit of the uproar that surrounded "The Last Temptation of Christ". Christians boycotted it, but because they were so verbal, people went to see it just to see what the controversy was about. But really, if Christians would have just ignored it, it would have been ignored by everyone. After all, what non-Christian is going to be interested in a movie and Jesus...false or not?

^^^ Christians or non?

(For the record, would you believe I haven't seen it?)

Some of both I believe- but then I am not an expert.

I am smart enough to know this- Hollywood worship money and won't pursue things that don't honor dais dieity.

Back