The Gospel of Judas

I recently picked up a book at the local library titled, 'The Gospel of Judas'. It is authored by Rodolphe Kasser, Marvin Meyer, and Gregor Wurst.

I mainly got it to see what the gospel of Judas was; not what the authors thought it was. I'm about 2/3 through it, and that included reading the translation of Judas gospel. I would Not recommend it for any recent/new believers as it seems to be written with an agenda behind it to take one away into an intellectual belief rather than a true spiritual belief.

The authors, from what I read, plainly explain a Gnostic twist in it. I wasn't sure what gnostic was, and it explains how they believed salvation was attained simply by knowledge and knowing. Also it seems they were kinda cocky which reminds me of how some atheist portray themselves.

It, the gospel of Judas, leads one to believe that Judas wasn't a bad guy and he was only doing what Jesus wanted him to do. Which brings me to another point about gnostics that the authors mention where they believe death is not a bad thing and it brings you to release to a cloud like heaven.

All in all it doesn't ring truth with my spirit and I'm not sure if I'll even continue reading it.

I welcome any and all to share their thoughts and feelings about it. Shalom.

Ugh! I meant to post this thread in the Books forum area so if any mod could put it there I would be thankful.

Back