The Gospel that Jesus Preached

Luk 4:14 — Luk 4:20
And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.
And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias (or Isaiah 61). And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

Here is what we read in
Act 8:4 — Act 8:6
Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.
Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.
And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.

Philip and the other disciples did not have a Bible so what did they preach? The preaced the above message that Jesus preached all the time in each synagogue that He went into.

Last edited:
Deuteronomy 30:19-20
I call Heaven and earth to record this day against you, that i have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: threrefore choose life, that both you and your seed may live. That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest obey His voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto Him: for He is thy life, and the length of thy days: and thou mayest dwell in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Issac, and to Jacob, to give them.

The part that i want for you to see is that God desires that we choose Life so that we and our seed may live. He has already chosen us....but we have to make the choice to choose Him or not. We have to choose to obey Him or not. We have to choose to believe His Word (all of it, and it is our responsibility to know what it says. Listening to your pastor with never cracking the Bible open is not an acceptable replacement) or not. We have to choose to listen to Him or not. We have to choose to put our faith and trust in Him or not. We have to choose to walk in His ways (which are life) or walk in the ways of the world (which are the devil's ways). We have to choose life words or not. But remember that if we choose to not...then we are choosing the curse, that Jesus so brutally died to set us free from.

When we choose Jesus and the life that God so gracously has set before us, that is the faith connection, that allows the power of the burden removing, yolk destroying anointing to manifest in our lives.

In Matthew 6:33 says to seek first (ask God first, come to Him first) the Kingdom of God (His ways of doing things and being right) and all His righteousness (that He has so freely given and covered us with, in the Blood of Jesus) and all the things that we need will be added unto us. So if i seek first God, and His ways then i can trust that He will add unto me the things that i need. And the things that i need the most will come first. In the verses above vs.33 (19-32) it says that the gentiles (or the people of the world to us) seek after (or worry, constantly have it on their minds) and place their trust in things. And we are not to be like them.
Words in the parentheses are mine :)

Blessings

Back