The Gospel

The Gospel

Baptism? Works? Ask forgivness for sins?

What do you have to do to get saved?
How do you get saved?

2 Corinthians 5:19
That God was in Christ making peace with the world and himself, not counting there sins against them.

John 16:7-11
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

Romans 10:9-10
That if you confess with you mouth the Lord Jesus (Jesus as Lord) and believe in you heart that God raised him from the dead (The finished work of the cross) then you shall be saved.

John 3:16-18
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. 18 He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God

What do you believe?

Much Love,
John

A relationship with God through Christ. It is a gift you cant earn it. Its after your are saved that your works will be judged.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:28

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast Ephesians 2:8-9

By grace through faith plus nothing

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Eph. 2:8-9 (ESV)

'Salvation is conditioned solely on faith in Jesus Christ. Nearly 200 times faith, or belief, is stated as the single condition in the N.T. (John 1:12; Acts 16:31). That faith must be placed in Christ as one's substitute for and Saviour from sin' (p. 1950, Ryrie Study Bible, Moody Press, 1978).

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:12

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16:31

We are not saved by:
faith PLUS works;
faith PLUS surrender;
faith PLUS baptism;
faith PLUS repentance ("a false addition to faith when understood as a prerequisite, requiring the cleansing of the life in order to be saved" (Ryre Study Bible);
faith PLUS confession.

We are saved by grace through faith plus nothing.

Back