The Great Chili has spoken!!

The Great Chili has spoken!!

Ok you guys this is the Great Chili speakin to ya. Somebody asked me for a super delicious Chili recipe. So I dug around my recipes' and found my best stuff. Yes it won first place in a chili cook off. So Godbeforme here it is. Follow it to the T. Guaranteed to make you sweat. So to get the best , hottest chils' around you can get them here
Blair's Sauces and Snacks : The Official Home of Blair's Death Sauce and Extreme Food*::*Reserve Collection*::*Currently Available*::*Jolokia Smoked

Now here is the recipe, it is fairly precise
$20,000 Prize-winning Chili
[SIZE=-1] 2 1/2 lb Lean ground chuck
1 lb Lean ground pork
1 c Finely chopped onion
4 Garlic cloves; finely chpd.
1 cn Budweiser beer (12 oz.)
8 oz Hunt's tomato sauce
1 c Water
3 tb Chili powder
2 tb Ground cumin
2 tb Wyler's beef-flavor instant -bouillon (or 6 cubes)
2 ts Oregano leaves
2 ts Paprika
2 ts Sugar
1 ts Unsweetened cocoa
1/2 ts Ground coriander
1/2 ts Louisiana hot sauce,to taste
1 ts Flour 1 ts Cornmeal
1 tb Warm water
4 Jolokias ground to a powder in a coffee grinder!!!! ya want more? add more later in your bowl:eek::D The flavor is really sweet and extremely hot!! use caution!! I cant stress this enough. you dont need to add GC just Tobasco and a couple jalapenos will do for a mild flavor.
The cocoa powder, not hot chocolate!! but the powder gives it a wonderful earthy flavor. So there ya have it. A box of Blairs should last bout a year like me n I love chili. i do respect it HIGHLY you will to. it comes in a neat plastic box which you can display on the counter. it's even signed by Blair him self. ENJOY all you chili lovers. Dont like it hot? dont add the chili at all, it's good that way too. God knows how to make a chili pepper!!!!! Amen
[/SIZE]Chili out
[SIZE=-1]
In large saucepan or Dutch oven, brown half the meat; pour off fat. Remove meat. Brown remaining meat; pour off all fat except 2 Tbsps. Add onion, garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add meat and remaining ingredients except flour, cornmeal and warm water. Mix well. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer covered 2 hours. Stir together flour and cornmeal; add warm water. Mix well. Stir into chili mixture. Cook covered 20 minutes longer. Serve hot. Makes 2 quarts. [/SIZE]

Yes blairs Jolokia is smoked. I gave RidefortheSon a sample he can vouch for the flavour

ALL RIGHT CHILI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Thanks for the recipe, what are Jolokias?

Thanks for the recipe

:dance::dance::dance:​

Brother Chili, I started sweatin just reading that..but I know it's something hubby would love... I'll make it for him this winter.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Blessings, Cheri

Dear Chili,

I hope I will be forgiven, because I totally stole your chilli recipe and claimed it for my very own (naturally, growing up in England, and having Irish and Italian grandparents, I would have a fabulous chilli recipe :rolleyes:). However, that aside, it went down an absolute storm, everybody loved it, it was goooood!!! and i am now the hostess with the mostess XXXX

Sorry for my thievishness, but do you have a recipe for BBQ sauce. I've tried loads, but none of them match the BBQ I had in the southern states of the USA.

Your pirate, goose eating friend,

Annie

That Matt is a pepper loving boy as long as I have known him! And a great brother in Christ- congratulations champ.... :)

Back