The great debate

Lol today was so awesome me and my brother actually ministered to our parents abt the bible. At first it got off to a rocky start and i felt they, my parents werent listening and i stormed off layed in bed mad and thought i cnt let my brother minister alone so i got up and helped. We were talking about how every thing happens for a reason ,money and otherstuff. I was suprised at how much my brother and i remembered from church even more when my mom picked up the bible and searched for scripture to back her opinion but later they agreed w us (there was alot more said) but it was awesome that we got them to see that the solution to your problems will be solved when you seek God. It was awesome to minister to them. I was so happy for this day they needed it and so did we, it wasnt easy but i guess this helps prepare us to teach others who maybe more difficult.

Lol today was so awesome me and my brother actually ministered to our parents abt the bible. At first it got off to a rocky start and i felt they, my parents werent listening and i stormed off layed in bed mad and thought i cnt let my brother minister alone so i got up and helped. We were talking about how every thing happens for a reason ,money and otherstuff. I was suprised at how much my brother and i remembered from church even more when my mom picked up the bible and searched for scripture to back her opinion but later they agreed w us (there was alot more said) but it was awesome that we got them to see that the solution to your problems will be solved when you seek God. It was awesome to minister to them. I was so happy for this day they needed it and so did we, it wasnt easy but i guess this helps prepare us to teach others who maybe more difficult.

Just remember what Jesus taught regarding this issue. We are not to bombard the same people over and over. That's not an act out of love, that's more like how they do it in Dictatorship Islam, trying to force their beliefs onto others.

Contrary, we are to share the gospel, but if they are unbelievers and totally reject it, then shake the dust of your feet and move on.

I can only imagine the pleasure you must have from talking to your parents about scripture and seeing them accept it as truth! There are so many times I have missed opportunities because I didn't think someone would really listen if I tried talking to them, and I am sure I will have that to answer for one day. But when I make myself available for His purposes rather than mine, He does some amazing stuff! I pray that this is the first of many conversations along this line for you and your family! Blessings!

@mister tony, we had a calm discussion that day, we ..well they did disagree on some parts but in the end they understood it and we took it slow... I would never bombared them and plus your supposed to go out and proclaim the gospel ...

Just remember what Jesus taught regarding this issue. We are not to bombard the same people over and over. That's not an act out of love, that's more like how they do it in Dictatorship Islam, trying to force their beliefs onto others.

Contrary, we are to share the gospel, but if they are unbelievers and totally reject it, then shake the dust of your feet and move on.

they aren't unbelivers :) they believe in god, its just their faith isn't that strong ^^ so erm ..i think i did a good job.

I would Like to encourage you pancakes by my testimony.

I was the first person to get saved in my family of Sikhs.

My dad had died before I was saved.However my mum got saved, then my sister then cousin then workmate..............

I learnt somethings from the Lord and got many saved and healed in my family and my work.
If you can demonstrate the power of Christ, things will change.
The Lord Jesus is very happy when we preach the gospel.
Even the simplest things you do and say will work as long as they are biblical.
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

That was so awesome jas. Im still new to christ so im trying to study more so that when i share the gospel i will be more effective

That was so awesome jas. Im still new to christ so im trying to study more so that when i share the gospel i will be more effective

Here are some of things I have learned:

God wants everyone to get saved.
Eze 18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.
That is why God gave His only begotten son for us that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish.

Nobody in His right mind rejects the gospel.
Satan blinds people not to receive the light of the glorious gospel:
2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

The first thing to do is to command the devil to take his hands of your parents mind, In the name which is above every name, Jesus Christ.

Then consider the words of the Lord Jesus:

Luk 10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

Armed with the faith that it is the will of God for your parents to be saved,and you have broken the power of satan that blinds you Parents mind in the name of Jesus Christ, pray for the Lord of the harvest to send laborers into the field, or in other words ask God to send someone to tell your Parents about the glorious gospel.It might be you or somebody God knows who your parents will listen to and who will be able to influence them for good.
And yes, continue to be the light shining in the dark place. Let all see your light.

Then thank God for the deliverance and salvation of your parents daily by faith, weather you see a change in them or not.
(Hebrews 11:1 says faith is the evidence of what we cannot see).
Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Do not forget to grow spiritually yourself.

1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Read the word of God every day to strengthen you.Remember to honor your parents.Do not let the wall of bitterness come up between you. Serve your parents and bless them continually by doing good to them.

One person with God Is majority.
God is always looking for someone strong in faith and who will stand in the gap for others.

Gen 32:28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
To have power with God you will need to grow spiritually and walk closely with God.Just like Noah found grace in the eyes of God and his whole family was saved.

The bible is clear that one person can be an avenue to get the whole family saved.
http://biblia.com/bible/kjv1900/Gen 6.8
Gen 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
Noah found grace in the eyes of God and the rest of His family was delivered also.
http://biblia.com/bible/kjv1900/Gen 19.12

Gen 19:12 And the men said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son in law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place:
Gen 19:13 For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it.
Here we see again the angel extended the deliverence to Lots whole family.

Jos 2:12 Now therefore, I pray you, swear unto me by the LORD, since I have shewed you kindness, that ye will also shew kindness unto my father's house, and give me a true token:
Jos 2:13 And that ye will save alive my father, and my mother, and my brethren, and my sisters, and all that they have, and deliver our lives from death.
Jos 2:14 And the men answered her, Our life for yours, if ye utter not this our business. And it shall be, when the LORD hath given us the land, that we will deal kindly and truly with thee.

Here we see again Rahab managed to save the whole family from destruction

In the new testament we read
Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house

And here is my favorite. God was pleased with cornelius and sent Peter to him. However we see that the whole household benefited.
Act 10:24 And the morrow after they entered into Caesarea. And Cornelius waited for them, and had called together his kinsmen and near friends.
Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Here we see the kinsmen and friends got saved.

jas that was absolutley beautiful. that reminds me of my aunt. my mom and dad didn't really take initiative to teach us about God, so my aunt (child of God) planted a seed in us, she'd read to us from the bible and I guess God watered that seed and that helped us to get saved. I thank God for her obedience :)

Back