The Great Earthquake...

Exactly... three meteors in fact according to Revelation. In fact, they all hit west to east causing the rotation of the earth to increase by eight hours making a full rotaion in only 16 hours.

Sorry Abdicate, that is not possible. A strike or series of strikes that actually managed to increase the Earths rotational speed by 50% would cause the Earth's crust to slosh, wiping out all higher forms of life (possibly all life), and completely rearrange all the continents.

The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly. The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again. (‭Isaiah‬ ‭24‬:‭19-20‬ KJV)

It sounds like what would happen if the poles shifted.
Here's another point... maybe it this is when the earth gets too close to the sun in the reeling like a drunkard...

Revelation 16:8-9 (KJV)
And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

And maybe on the other side of the planet where the beast's HQ is, there's darkness:

Revelation 16:10-11 (KJV)
And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

Sorry Abdicate, that is not possible. A strike or series of strikes that actually managed to increase the Earths rotational speed by 50% would cause the Earth's crust to slosh, wiping out all higher forms of life (possibly all life), and completely rearrange all the continents.
Ok.

Here's another point... maybe it this is when the earth gets too close to the sun in the reeling like a drunkard...

Revelation 16:8-9 (KJV)
And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

And maybe on the other side of the planet where the beast's HQ is, there's darkness:

Revelation 16:10-11 (KJV)
And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

Sun, protective layer to guard against the sun lessened, not that Earth moved orbit.

Again if it did even by a little ALL life would cease. Not just some.

And the darkness could be just the darkness of the heart and soul, not physical dark.

21The LORD smelled the soothing aroma; and the LORD said to Himself, "I will never again curse the ground on account of man, for the intent of man's heart is evil from his youth; and I will never again destroy every living thing, as I have done. 22"While the earth remains, Seedtime and harvest, And cold and heat, And summer and winter, And day and night Shall not cease..
So in this context the Earth will remain fixed in its orbit even during the time the sky is scrolled up and heat and darkness fall on men
and even a global earthquake or meteors fall from the sky.

I see how the 16 hour day is derived (this would muck up the clocks of the world:))
I think we all need to keep in mind that allthings are possible for the Lord.
Jos 10:12. At that time Joshua spoke to the LORD in the day when the LORD gave the Amorites over to the sons of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, "Sun, stand still at Gibeon, and moon, in the Valley of Aijalon."
Jos 10:13. And the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, until the nation took vengeance on their enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jashar? The sun stopped in the midst of heaven and did not hurry to set for about a whole day.

One would expect that if the Earth stopped rotating, there would be mega big tidal waves sweeping the planet, but if the Lord's hand is upon things this need not be the case as is shown by the above account of Joshua.
We (myself also) can not subject the Lord's doings to our understanding of Physics.
These end time events are not natural and can not be expected to follow the laws of physics. IMHO.

Last edited:
21The LORD smelled the soothing aroma; and the LORD said to Himself, "I will never again curse the ground on account of man, for the intent of man's heart is evil from his youth; and I will never again destroy every living thing, as I have done. 22"While the earth remains, Seedtime and harvest, And cold and heat, And summer and winter, And day and night Shall not cease..
So in this context the Earth will remain fixed in its orbit even during the time the sky is scrolled up and heat and darkness fall on men
and even a global earthquake or meteors fall from the sky.

The issue is that to try and knock the planet out of it's path around the sun would take a great shift in gravity by the sun.

The planets all travel around in well formed grooves in gravity. To be knocked out of the groove would be very difficult and would cease all life on the surface of the planet.

In time it would also kill all life in the oceans, though the deep ground may continue to harbour life. But it would be bacterial most likely.

Revelation 6:15-17 (KJV)
And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Gen 8:21. And when the LORD smelled the pleasing aroma, the LORD said in his heart, "I will never again curse the ground because of man, for the intention of man's heart is evil from his youth. Neither will I ever again strike down every living creature as I have done.(by flood)
Gen 8:22. While the earth remains,(intact) seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease." emphasis and bracketed comment added.
THALLON, It is interesting how we can see different things in the same passage.

I'm more in the mountains. I think it's the bigger cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego, that will have the major problems.

As to why people choose to live there, I suppose all the opportunities in those areas. Maybe a lot of people don't think about it, or are not worried about earthquakes. Some might be too poor. I'm not really sure. My sister is a producer for a local station in the bay area, and lives right next to one of the major faults. Let me ask her why she won't move, I'll send her a text right now.
Did I miss your sister's reply?

Back