The Great Monster

Monday, November 25, 2013, 7:53 a.m. – the Lord Jesus woke me with the song “Living Water” playing in my mind. Speak, Lord, your words to my heart. I read Hebrews 12 (ESV).

The world today: There has been a rash of nations with internal conflicts and uprisings over the past two or three years, in particular. It would appear, on the surface, to almost be a domino effect, i.e. “an inevitable succession of related and usually undesirable events, each caused by the preceding one” (Encarta). Yet, the Lord Jesus continues to give me a different picture of these events. If you follow these stories, you will notice much similarity among them in situations and in language. The present country under consideration is Syria, but there have been many, and there are probably still countries yet to conquer.

The two sides are presented by the media as the national government and rebels within nations. They can’t solve their conflicts, there is much loss of human life, and so the “international community” steps in to “save the day.” The international community, alias the New World Order “Beast” steps in and supposedly tries to bring “peace” to the situation, and to get the two sides to now set up a “transitional government,” alias a One World “Beast” Government. Yet, the two sides presented in the news are really a creation of the US and their allies (the N.W.O.), as they act out both sides, when in reality it is the New World Order Beast forcing submission and compliance of nations to its dictatorship over the world.

A day is coming when this N.W.O. Beast will have successfully conquered the nations of the earth and will thus set up its kingdom reign for a predetermined and short period of time. It will set (and presently is setting) in place its own governors of nations (states) and rulers of particular designated areas within countries. They accomplish this takeover of the world, not just through orchestrated internal conflicts and uprisings within nations, but also via false flag operations (an excuse to go to war with other countries), man-made disasters such as earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, volcanic eruptions, cyclones, tsunamis, winter storms, and the like, plus orchestrated mass shootings, and bombings, etc. As well, they can also orchestrate the financial demise of nations via national debt. This will be a time of judgment of Almighty God upon the earth and upon the inhabitants of the earth (See Rev. 13), yet for some, this may have already begun. It is not my place to predict God’s timing in all this.

This will also be (and is presently) a time of huge loss of property, possessions and human life, and thus will be (and is presently) a time of great mourning, weeping and sorrow. This New World Order “Beast” is a cannibalistic leviathan and a gigantic predator, which is barreling across the countries of the world, threatening to and accomplishing the wreck of governments, land, houses and people’s lives, including and most importantly threatening to kill (and killing) those who hold to the testimony of Jesus Christ (See Rev. 12), thus trying to stop the spread of the gospel of Christ. Thus, the true “climate change” going on in the world is not that of weather pattern changes, but that of going from the “old order” to the “New World Order” (Beast) – “Out of many, one” (E pluribus Unum).

Let’s Run!

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted. In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons?

“My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord,
nor be weary when reproved by him.
For the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
and chastises every son whom he receives.”

It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live? For they disciplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness. For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be healed. Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord. See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no “root of bitterness” springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled; that no one is sexually immoral or unholy like Esau, who sold his birthright for a single meal. For you know that afterward, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no chance to repent, though he sought it with tears.

For you have not come to what may be touched, a blazing fire and darkness and gloom and a tempest and the sound of a trumpet and a voice whose words made the hearers beg that no further messages be spoken to them. For they could not endure the order that was given, “If even a beast touches the mountain, it shall be stoned.” Indeed, so terrifying was the sight that Moses said, “I tremble with fear.” But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, and to the assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

See that you do not refuse him who is speaking. For if they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, much less will we escape if we reject him who warns from heaven. At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, “Yet once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.” This phrase, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of things that are shaken—that is, things that have been made—in order that the things that cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.

Continued next post...

The Race

The Christian life is described here as a race. The prize at the finish line is heaven (eternity with God/Jesus Christ in glory). We are instructed here to lay aside (or throw off) anything that hinders us in running this race. These can be good or bad things, but they are whatever keep us from running persistently and with full perseverance, i.e. all that is of this world which distracts us from our pure devotion to Jesus Christ and which weighs us down with earthly things or worldly things. This calls for much prayer and discernment.

We are also to throw off whatever sins (or sin habits) cling closely to us (or which easily entangle us). Sin most often first begins in the mind, so we must have a change of mind and heart about our sin, which is the working of the Spirit of God in our lives, as we yield to his work. So, we must first of all set our minds to submit to God/Jesus Christ in all ways, and we must allow him to change our minds and hearts with regard to sin and with regard to following Jesus Christ in obedience. Then we should examine what hindrances need to be thrown off which lead us into sin, or which become sin themselves by our participation in them, even though we may participate merely as spectators, i.e. via TV, movies, news shows, et al. You’ve heard the saying, “Garbage in, garbage out.” We can’t expect to have pure minds if we continually take garbage into our minds, for example.

We need to keep our focus on Jesus Christ and not allow ourselves to get side-lined by the things of this world. We need to run this race with undivided attention, loyalty and heart to our Lord and Savior. Now, in all practicality, I know there are many things and people in this life which require our attention, time, affection and devotion, and for which and whom we lovingly, longingly and willingly give as such, yet Jesus Christ should be above all and in all that we do, and we should be acting as his hands and feet in all things and with all people with whom we are given such a trust while we are on this earth. Yet, there is much in this life and in this world that we willingly take upon ourselves which is unnecessary and unfruitful for God’s eternal kingdom, and this we must forsake so as to remain focused on Jesus Christ and on his purposes for us in this life and in this world.

Jesus Christ sets the example for us for how we should run this race, and for how we should respond to such situations as discussed at the beginning of this writing, i.e. for how to respond to unjust and unfair treatment, the threat of death if we do not renounce our faith and testimony for Jesus Christ, and the threat of loss of life and/or property for non-compliance to the Beast, or to hardships presented to us via the conquering of the world by this beast and by its underhanded and devious and destructive methods, etc. As servants and messengers of Jesus Christ, we were told that we would suffer just as Jesus suffered, so such treatment should come to us as no surprise. Jesus endured such opposition from sinful human beings for the joy of our salvation, and we should be willing to accept such opposition to the gospel and even threats to our lives and property because we bare testimony to Jesus Christ and for the joy of seeing people come to faith in Jesus Christ.

I think that oftentimes, especially for those of us who live in affluent societies and in countries where we have been given a great deal of freedom, and for those who have never really had to face the threat of death for their testimonies for Christ, our first tendency when persecuted or when faced with tragedy or difficult circumstances is to want immediate relief, even if it means looking for that relief anywhere or everywhere other than in Christ. Part of the reason for this, I believe, is because the church of today paints a false picture of God and of the Christian life, and we don’t see that suffering is to be part of this race. We don’t see that God disciplines – corrects, rebukes and directs – those who are his legitimate children, i.e. those he loves. Yet, this is for our good – to teach, train, and mature us; to build godly character within us; and to develop within us perseverance, commitment, and steadfastness in our relationships with Jesus Christ and in this race of the Christian life.

Therefore, we need to live like we are truly God’s people. We should not follow after the standards of this world, but we should follow Christ and his word. It is of great necessity that we put on godly deeds (hands) and lift our prayers to God, and that we bow (knees) in humility to God in full submission and surrender to his will for our lives and that we pray in the Spirit, and in heart examination, and that we make sure we are submitting to our Lord Jesus in all areas of our lives, following his straight (not crooked) and narrow path, rather than following the wide path of the world which leads to destruction. The peace that we are to strive for with all people is not the peace the world speaks of, for there can never be compromise of faith and practice in order to make peace. The main way in which we make peace is by not fighting our opposition with physical weapons of warfare or with unkind and bitter remarks, but rather with the armor of God so that people find peace with God.

We are to see to it that we do not refuse God who speaks to us. I believe this can be applied in two different ways (scripturally). First of all there are those who have refused to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their lives, so they will not escape the judgments of God nor the fires of hell. Then, there are those who have received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their lives, but right now they are drifting away from him due to following after the ways and patterns of this world. Since this is clearly speaking to the church (cf. Rev. 2-3), I would suggest that the context here is one of warning to believers in Jesus Christ whose actions are useless and whose lives are not submitted to the cross of Christ.

God has been speaking to the church concerning what is presently going on in our world, and of the nearness of divine judgments on the earth, and he has been calling his church to repent of their sins of idolatry and spiritual adultery, to come out of their complacency, and to strengthen what is weak so that they can run the race with perseverance. If they do not repent, although they may escape the flames of hell, they will not escape the judgments of God on this earth, for they will come in order to purify the bride of Christ and to make her holy and ready for her marriage to her husband and Lord Jesus. God will shake created things SO THAT the spiritual, which cannot be shaken, may remain in our lives. Amen! In other words, through judgment revival will come to the adulterous church, and then many will flock to Jesus Christ and to his gospel of salvation. Praise Jesus!

Living Water / An Original Work / November 21, 2013

Based off Various Scriptures

My people have forsaken Me,
Their Savior, who died on a tree;
Made idols, and they worshipped them;
So empty, they will ne’er fulfill.

Lord, You are the hope of Your chosen ones.
Those who turn away from You will be shamed;
The Spring of Living Water left behind.

Living Water satisfies.

The thirsty, let them come and drink;
Believe in Jesus as their King;
The gift of Jesus given them,
So they will never thirst again.

Indeed, the Living Water flows within.
It springs up like a fountain cleansing sin.
Eternal life in heaven promised them.

Living Water glorifies.

Oh people, won’t you come to Him?
Obey Him and repent of sin.
Let Jesus come and live within.
Surrender all your life to Him.

My people, won’t you turn your hearts to Me?
Forsake your idols and then you’ll be free.
Won’t you come now to Me on bended knee?

Living Water sanctifies.

http://originalworks.info/living-water/

Back