The great white throne and the shock

The great white throne and the shock

Revelation 21:11) And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

The throne represents the majesty of God, HOLY AND SOVEREIGN, and ROYALTY. He is the Judge and under His power will condemn all those that take pleasure in unrighteousness, all those that did not accept the sacrifice and the atonement of the Lord Jesus. Those that have failed to come to repentance, not heeding the word of the Lord, (Luke 13:3) “I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.” Every single person who rather chose to be an enemy of God, a worker of iniquity unrepented and unchanged toward God. We must realize that under God’s judgment, His absolute righteous judgment none can stand and this is why we have Christ Jesus and all those who are not found in Him will be like the Egyptians when the angel of death, the destroyer came and killed them in the night. (1 Thessalonians 5:3)For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.This judgment will come as a shock to many, beholding the full glory of the same sovereign Lord God whom they denied and did not hearken unto

Matthew 7:21)Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many who are professing ‘Christian’ are going to be shocked when the judgment is made because they never came to the truth but rather (2 Timothy 4:4)turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned to fables.” It is what they choose, because it was convenient and it didn’t mess up their worldly living and their love, their lust for the world not even considering the scripture saying in 1 John 2:15that “If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.” The truth is that people in many cases don’t want the truth, the sword of the word to pierce through their heart because it might ruin their blissful life of evil and riotous living. Even if someone does not sin a lot, even a little sin in one’s life is deadly, (Galatians 5:9) “A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.” And besides that they don’t realize that they have not repented, therefore they have no remission of sin. And an unrepented person cannot abide in Christ because they have not eternal life and the process of sanctification which is the working God shows no working in their life: (Hebrews 12:14)and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord”. A person without temperance and without fruitfulness cannot be a Christian because (John 15:5) “He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit” said our own Lord. (Matthew 7:16)Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Copper25, sadly you are right. Most want to limit their salvation to a single passage in scripture:

Romans 10:9. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

The above is true, but is only a partial component that make up true Salvation. Salvation does not preclude the fruits of endurance and a life that reflects whom (Jesus) we profess to follow.

Some believed in their heart :

John 12:
42. Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:
43. For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

Satan and his agents believe and confessed:

James 2:

19. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Luke 4:34 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; the Holy One of God

Mark 3:11 And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God.

The world needs the truth, not feel-good pep talks that leaves all happy in their sins.

Good Day and God Bless

You may note that in both the Luke and Mark episodes quoted our Lord Jesus Christ did not allow the demons to give witness to who he was. In fact in Mark 3:12 we read "he gave them strict orders not to tell who he was".

Remember Christians we shall stand at the Judgement Seat of Christ, not the Great White Throne. "For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due to him for the things done while in the body, whether good of bad." (2 Cor. 5:10) In 1 Cor. 3 we read that our works will be shown for what they are, if they survive we will receive reward but if they are judged unworthy then we will suffer loss. However we will be saved as "one escaping through the flames".

It is our motives that God will be looking at. But our sins are forgiven, covered by the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ if we have accepted him as our Saviour and Lord and trusted him alone for our Salvation. Eph. 1:7 "In Him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us......" (just read on it is wonderful).

1 Cor. 4:6 "He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

The devils in James 2:19 - They believe there is one God, and that causes them to tremble. They clearly know who Jesus is (see Matt. and Mark) above, but their belief is a simple knowing.

For example. Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness James 2:23 and Genesis. This was before his faith was tested and he offered Isaac. His offering of Isaac was proof of the genuinness of his belief.

A mere intellectual acceptance of certain truths without trust in Christ as Saviour is useless - this is what the Pharisees had. I have come to the opinion that many of them realised who Jesus really was and yet still rejected him.

Many preachers talk about heart knowledge and head knowledge, but this is a little difficult to understand. The Greeks believed that emotions were in the bowels (hence old translations that say "bowels of mercies"). The heart is the place of reason and understanding according to them. This, of course, comes out in the language of the N.T.

When we read Acts. 1:24 for example "Lord you know everyone's heart". The Apostles did not mean that the Lord knew their emotions, but he knew their reasoning and understanding of the situation.

I could go on, but there must be many more who will be praising the Lord on this post for "This so great Salvation".

God bless us all as we learn together.

I actually watched a sermon given by Paul Washer on this very topic. God is simply terrifying. The dead will be Judged by God in the midst of millions. But..the millions will dissapear in comparing to the sight of Almighty God. As the Heavens and Earth flee from God, the dead will be forced towards him, to stand at the feet of his throne. There is nothing for you to say..he knows your thoughts. There is no rebuttal because he witnessed your wickedness. And man already knows his verdict before he steps into Yahweh's presence. There is no need for warnings, or faith, or grace or mercy at this point. God is just. You are not compared to how relatively good you were on earth, No the scale consists of you on one side, and Jesus the messiah on the other.

The only one who can pardon us is He who sits on the throne looking like a lamb slain. Who formed the blood covenant so that we may be saved. However those who treated the blood as if it were swine's blood and the cross as an ordinary thing will hear the worst word's ever concievable to the human mind. "Depart from me, ye workers of iniquity, I never knew you"

Blessed are those who are in Christ Jesus

Quote from Watchman: The only one who can pardon us is He who sits on the throne looking like a lamb slain. Who formed the blood covenant so that we may be saved. However those who treated the blood as if it were swine's blood and the cross as an ordinary thing will hear the worst word's ever concievable to the human mind. "Depart from me, ye workers of iniquity, I never knew you"

Blessed are those who are in Christ Jesus[/quote]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wept as I read those words "depart from me, ye workers of iniquity, I never knew you".

I thought of some of my family who never came to Christ and are now dead. I thought of those with whom I have shared in Church, but who never truly came to Christ and are now dead.
I thought of those with whom I have come into contact - Did I do my very best to tell them the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

What a responsibility we have to preach the Gospel in season and out of season.

Thanks for this post - it really makes one think of matters of life and death and of spiritual life and spiritual death.

God bless us all as we learn together

What a responsibility we have to preach the Gospel in season and out of season.

Thanks for this post - it really makes one think of matters of life and death and of spiritual life and spiritual death.

God bless us all as we learn together

Your concern is a valid one. However, we can only plant the seed (i.e. tell a dying world about a living Savior).

The fate of the seed is determined by the state of the soil. An unrepented harden heart is like untilled soil or stony ground. A repented heart is the good soil ready for seeding.

We, who provide the seed, know not its fate and such is not our responsibility:

Mark 4:26-27
26. And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground;
27. And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how.

Good Day and God Bless

The Truth

Truth be told, it is all how God wills and if he, his Holy Ghost acts on it.

John 16:8) And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin...

Man's heart is pure wickedness

Genesis 6:5) And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Genesis 8:21)And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

There is no way a natural man will seek the ways of God

Romans 3:11) There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

1 Corinthians 2:14) But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

It is man's nature to rebell regaurdless how much He confesses Christ. A person needs a new spirit and a new heart

Ezekiel 11:19)And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh

This is all of God's decision, if He wants it to happen. Unless conversion and I mean true conversion happens, one is still lost and not saved

Philippians 1:6) Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ

Meaning that all those that fail, meaning that they fall into apostasy
and never come back were never His to begin with.

Job 5:17) Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty:

God will not let His children act like the world because scripture says in 1 John 2:15 that "If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him."

Back