The Greatest Curse

Dusty

Inactive
The Greatest Curse

I was reading from Oswald Chambers and he said : The greatest curse in our spiritual life is" PRIDE " .

When ever there is ANY element of pride or conceit in us , Jesus can't teach us anything .

Thinking about when Jesus spoke the parables he privately explained them to the disciples --- Mark 4:33 .... 33With many similar parables Jesus spoke the word to them, as much as they could understand. 34He did not say anything to them without using a parable. But when he was alone with his own disciples, he explained everything.

Yes ," privately " and He wants to do the same for us if we allow Him the time as we get alone with Him . He is there to whisper His desires for our lives and help us with our dreams and aspirations. Still the same today as He was yesterday , He wants to speak to us Privately and tell us how much He loves us and explain the scriptures to us .

Like David said in Psalms 34 .... God's unfailing love gives us great strength and delivers us from death and gives us eternal hope .

Sometimes we need to ask God to search our hearts . He knows us better than ourselves and , He will reveal any prideful or any unhealthy thoughts that we never even knew we had . Because we do not want to be unteachable .

I do not want to be unteachable and am asking Jesus to go deep into my heart and pull out all that needs to be put in the garbage pail .

Amen Dusty . May God take away any idols of my understanding . and any stubbornness in me that opposes His light and love from shining through to everyone .

you know .. i sense God really listens when i say stuff like that .. so it kinda makes me feel a little uncomfortable but i know it's definitely what we both want and need ... so okay . here comes whatever .. thanks in advance Lord, and apologies for any whining in advance too .

Exactly Michael and we are all , or at least should be hungering and thirsting for more of Jesus and not remaining in the same place that we were yesterday .

Yes , I too have stubborness and need the Lord to help me sometimes work past that . My old nature does crop up and I need to put it under the Blood .

That little word with the big meaning ..... PRIDE .... whoa . It can be the downfall of many a man or woman . It we let just an once in , it slowly creeps in inch by inch and before we know it .... Bang ... full blown .

1Peter 5:5.... God opposes the proud . That's enough in itself to keep us checking our personality . Do we want God to oppose us ? But it would be terrible to have God as our opponent, to be under His wrath, which will have its full effect in the other world. That is why Jesus warns us so sharply: "Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged" .......
Matt 7:1-2

Pride creeps into our hearts when we look at our lives and accomplishments and imagine that we alone have made them happen, without God's help. God is generous with gifts and blessings, but we mustn't make the mistake of forgetting where they ultimately came from

Back