The Greatest Revelation In The Word Of God

Hello and I'm actually signing off for the evening as it's 11pm here in Scotland but I just felt drawn to share this with the question of, do other Christians make you feel stupid?

It's a common feeling to encounter especially of you are in-experienced as a Christian and I've seen many just feel so deflated because of feeling inadequate compared to others. Well, if you believe Jesus Christ is the son of God, that he died for your sins and that he wants a close, maturing fellowship with you, then you already have the greatest revelation the Word of God has to offer. It does not matter how much you study the word of God or experience God himself, you will find no greater revelation than Jesus and Jesus on the cross for you no matter how much you hear individuals with their great teachings.

There is no nigher teaching, no higher doctrine or spectacular revelation, Jesus Christ is it! You can know much of the scriptures and still not have a true revelation of Christ, you can know the Greek and Hebrew meanings, put together great sermons and sound great and yet, still lack in the greatest revelation the word of God has to offer.

So if you do feel at times, that you don't have the knowledge like some, you take heart, you already have the greatest revelation the word of God has to offer and you will not find another. Jesus is your Lord, Saviour and best friend, nothing more, nothing less....

Sorry so back to the question....do other Christians make you feel stupid?

I love your post, Steven! thank you for sharing that bit of wisdom God has given you. I remember as a girl someone said, "Me and God is a majority!" and that is the truth! I take comfort in and rest in God and His word being the sole authority and as I rest in Him and in His word and depend on it for truth, H gives me confidence and boldness to speak what He teaches us all.

Other Christians do not make me feel "stupid". Those whose walk is farther along than mine I am drawn to and feel privileged to know them and to learn from them.

Mat 16:15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
Mat 16:16 Simon Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Back