The greatness of God our Father

Has anyone thoroughly considered how immensely great God really is?
Let's see if we can back it with scripture.
I'll start:
There are two cool references in the book of Job, I'll give one, so the other is free game.
12:7-9
But ask the animals, and they will instruct you; ask the birds of the sky, and they will tell you.
Or speak to the earth, and it will instruct you; let the fish in the sea inform you.
Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?

Now for the record, the other reference is Job is very cool, if I hear it, I want to cry, laugh, clap, fall to my knees and dance all at the same time.

What about this:

Psalm 147:4

He counts the number of the stars; He gives names to them all.

Okay hold on. WHAT??!!
Modern science recons we have 100's of billions stars in our little solar system(hope that's the right word).
Sorry, how long will that take you to count - just saying.
Now, scientists recon, apart from our little solar system, there are another 100's of billions of ones beyond it.

Excuse me, I'm going to just say that again. WHAT??!!
So how many stars are in all those? I do not think we have named a number that big.
And yet, He gave each one a name.

So how powerful and huge and amazing is our God.

What about this:

Psalm 147:4

He counts the number of the stars; He gives names to them all.

Okay hold on. WHAT??!!
Modern science recons we have 100's of billions stars in our little solar system(hope that's the right word).
Sorry, how long will that take you to count - just saying.
Now, scientists recon, apart from our little solar system, there are another 100's of billions of ones beyond it.

Excuse me, I'm going to just say that again. WHAT??!!
So how many stars are in all those? I do not think we have named a number that big.
And yet, He gave each one a name.

So how powerful and huge and amazing is our God.
There are new stars being born all the time, so either God is still busy naming them, or he named them all before they came into existence.

Has anyone thoroughly considered how immensely great God really is?
Let's see if we can back it with scripture.
I'll start:
There are two cool references in the book of Job, I'll give one, so the other is free game.
12:7-9
But ask the animals, and they will instruct you; ask the birds of the sky, and they will tell you.
Or speak to the earth, and it will instruct you; let the fish in the sea inform you.
Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?

Now for the record, the other reference is Job is very cool, if I hear it, I want to cry, laugh, clap, fall to my knees and dance all at the same time.
Personally, I think we will never fully comprehend how great our God is. Because He is infinite there will always be something new to be wowed by! Imagine that....into all of eternity God will never get "old".

Personally, I think we will never fully comprehend how great our God is. Because He is infinite there will always be something new to be wowed by! Imagine that....into all of eternity God will never get "old".
Hey, that's why I started this. Nothing as cool as bragging about my great God my Father.

Okay, here is another cool one, He made me read the whole of Job to find it, just for the record, if that soap is on TV, put it off and read Job, much better.

Job 26:7-14 HCSB

He stretches the northern skies over empty space; He hangs the earth on nothing. He wraps up the waters in His clouds, yet the clouds do not burst beneath their weight. He obscures the view of His throne, spreading His cloud over it. He laid out the horizon on the surface of the waters at the boundary between light and darkness. The pillars that hold up the sky tremble, astounded at His rebuke. By His power He stirred the sea, and by His understanding He crushed Rahab. By His breath the heavens gained their beauty; His hand pierced the fleeing serpent. These are but the fringes of His ways; how faint is the word we hear of Him! Who can understand His mighty thunder?

How is that last verse?
Do you still worry about the world or your finances or your things?
No, God is much greater.

Back