the heavens roll up like a scroll.

smellycat

Account Closed
the heavens roll up like a scroll.

maybe we look at this in human terms.i remember a film company called orion,where the stars rolled around.any ideas anyone?

Is this what you're asking about?

Revelation 6:14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place.

When I read this I think of the whole earth, the mighty mountains and all we see, being pulled up like a projector screen, and we all see how insignificant it all was, and WHAT it all really was.

KJV

I believe it refers to the 2nd coming of Jesus...Every eye will see Him coming in the clouds.

I have child like faith on this one, i believe it but dont understand it yet still willing to accept it.

How will everyone all see him at once?

I have child like faith on this one, i believe it but dont understand it yet still willing to accept it.

How will everyone all see him at once?

My theory is simple...He's God He can make it happen.

Or another theory out there...TV brodcast. How many of us watched in horror the events of 9/11? With only a moments notice...someone noticing something happening in the heavens...the news likes things they can sensationalize...why not this?

Yet another theory...the worlds population will be so small and localized that is would not be a big deal to all witness something like this...

Is this what you're asking about?

Revelation 6:14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place.

I believe this is very much a polar shift.
The atmosphere will temporarily disappear, earthquakes unlike we've ever seen will completely re-shape the earth, tearing down mountains, creating valleys, emptying existing seas, while creating new seas where once used to be land.
I'm not dogmatic about it, however I saw a show on Discovery channel which was talking about polar shifts and it resembled Revelation 6:14 nearly identically. Interesting thing to think about.

I look forward to the day when God Himself consumes the old and brings forth the new. A complete restoration of what was lost in the garden, the very throne of God on earth, no stars, no sun or moon but all will be iluminated by the glory of God! Rolling up the sky is like opening a pair of drapes to Him!

When i read about what a pole shift could do,it put the fear of god into me very strongly.Our god is a supernatural god so will use natural things to do his will.A pole shift will do it.:eek:

Revelation 6:12-14 12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Hi all

Christ comes with the "clouds of heaven" which I believe means he brings with him heavenly matter (space debris). This falls to earth (meteorites and meteors) in verse 13. This leads to a darkening of the earth's sky as in a nuclear winter or after a volcanic eruption making the moonlight red and the sunlight granular.

Then, the sky seems to rip and tear which seems to be what the Greek for "departed" is. Maybe the sky clears and the darkness rolls together like a scroll being closed, to reveal Christ in the celestial heavens.

Revelation 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

When the darkened sky rolls together, it reveals the frightening sight of Christ in his glory. That is when the wicked people run to caves to hide from Christ's face or parousia or appearing.

I do not personally think it is a pole shift or meteors. I believe it will be far grander than that. Indeed God is going to make all things new:

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Matthew 24:29 (KJV)
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Hyperbole is a common means of expression in the Bible as well as in our everyday life. If you try to interpret these passages literally you will have a difficult time. A lot of these are also similes as they are used to describe how they do or would feel by using hyperbole.

Well, I'm going to go get some breakfast, I'm hungry enough to eat a horse."

Larry II

Back