The Holy Kiss!!

Daniels

Inactive
The Holy Kiss!!

II Cori 13:12 Greet one another with an holy kiss.

Romans
16:16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute​
you.

Does your church practice " The Holy Kiss"?

Holy Kiss means , Kiss of Love and Kiss of Peace.

This is a custom that is not practiced in many places as most people have little interest in being holy. That only leads to trouble.

Thanks for your thought provoking questions.:)

we do it every time we see someone, it's part of our culture =D we kiss 3 times on the cheeks.
I've been wondering these days if that's what the holy kiss is =)
it could very well be since we do it to friends and family to show we care and love them and enjoy their company.

Thank you so much.

1. Customary Kiss.

2. Friendly Kiss.

3. Sweet Kiss.

4. Betrayal Kiss.

5. Enemies Kiss.

6. Sinners kiss.

7. Holy Kiss.

K...I...S...S..........Keep It Short Stupid.

I always thought it meant:
Keep It Simple Stupid.

a famous 12 step motto for those trying to restructure their lives.

This is a custom that is not practiced in many places as most people have little interest in being holy. That only leads to trouble.

This post really made me gasp Boanerges. Is is really so that "most people have little interest in being holy". I assume we are talking about Christians here. I shall have to give a lot of thought to this, as when I preach and teach I assume that those listening have a vested interest in learning how to be more like Jesus i.e. more holy. I shall mull this over, and perhaps study people's reactions to the Word more closely.

Yes it is a custom in the East just like here we shake hands or hug. Its not like being intimate or anything. The way things have changed in this day and age, at least here, it could be very misunderstood now. I don't know if it is as common as used to be in the East.

When spoken in the Bible it was speaking of our brothers and sisters in Christ. We are like a family even though it is in a spiritual sense. And it would just be like our natural family, our brother and sister that we love.

Back