The Holy Spirit ..... Our Teacher

I am new to this site, having come from a couple of other sites, and discouraged not to find more Christians hearing and learning from the Lord. This thread is like crystal clear fresh water. Wow, how wonderful to find Christians that are really turning to the Lord and listening to Him.

Yes it is wonderful: and hard to find many that are serious about Jesus and the things of the Lord. I'm fairly new myself.

I am new to this site, having come from a couple of other sites, and discouraged not to find more Christians hearing and learning from the Lord. This thread is like crystal clear fresh water. Wow, how wonderful to find Christians that are really turning to the Lord and listening to Him.

Welcome CBE .... I find it so refreshing to go into the Word . Like you said , it is like a fresh cup of water . The Holy Spirit gives us daily what we need but we also need to be submissive by reading the Word , praying and meditating on what He has for us .

Praise God you have found a place where you can discuss the Bible . If only more Christians would realize how important it is for their walk with the Lord .

God Bless.

God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”- John 4:24

Because the Holy Spirit is our teacher , we need to let Him teach us how He wants us to worship Him . If we love Him , we need to praise and honour Him with our mouths . We need to lift up Holy hands and glorify Him for who He is . This praise needs to come from our heart and cannot be forced . It must come from the abundance of our heart , knowing that we love Him so much that our praises will flow freely and lovingly because of our love for our Saviour .

When the praises flow from our heart , the Holy Spirit will bless , comfort and give you a sweet peace and enduring love that the world cannot give.

Praise be to our KIng of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Colossians 1:9-12 gives us an intimation of the passion of the Father to make Himself known to us in such a real way that we can enter into all the riches of the fulness of His Life that belongs to us. Here is a prayer of the Spirit through the lips of Paul: "For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray and make request for you, that ye may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding." The word knowledge in the Greek is "epignosis." It means full knowledge, complete knowledge, exact knowledge. We should have that kind of Knowledge,.

We have the Holy Spirit who inspires us as our teacher. He will never leave His position as an instructor. He is here in my heart and yours, and He longs to fill us with the exact knowledge of the Father's will in all Spiritual Wisdom and Understanding.

It will be Wisdom to use the knowledge of this Revelation in our daily walk. It will be Wisdom to know how to use the statements of fact as well as the promises in the Gospels.He will give us wisdom to know how to make His message known in an attractive way. We are to have "knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom," a deeper insight into the very heart of our Father , God.

This is the objective of all in our Christain walk with the Lord . It is the precious Holy Spirit who gives us incite into all that we do and say and I need to be walking daily in that light . I need more of the wisdom of the Holy Spirit and His teaching.

Ask the Holy Spirit for more wisdom .

:smiley60: The surest way to insure the help of the "Holy Spirit " is to look to the cross
when Paul said the things he did ,he told us some real important things regarding walking in the spirit as opposed to walking in the flesh (our own strength) Paul also tells us it is the work of the Holy Spirit that overcomes the sin nature and no Christian no matter how strong they can never defeat the monster of sin nature with out having the help the continual help of the Holy Spirit :smiley40:

when we get into trouble as believers it is because we often dont understand just how essential the Holy Spirit is in combating our sin nature . :smiley40:
walking after the spirit is trusting and placing our faith in the cross of Christ Romans chapter 8 :smiley60:
:smiley170: when we consider all the Holy Spirit helps us to do wow does it not fill up your heart to overflowing tears :smiley170: all so we can know truly it is the power of the Love Jesus has for us ,he had so much Love for us

I think one of the things that has taken much needed help (Holy Spirit) was and is for me to get that if I wanted to defeat (sin) It could never happen in my own strength or willpower . I stayed a Christian who bask in defeat until I learned to depend on the help that only the Holy Spirit can give. He broke through all the disillusions and took me to the cross ,where all the true work was done ,the cross of Christ . The flesh of my (self) is crucified I in my self effort can do nothing ,I am helpless and when I need help each time I realize how much the more I needed to push myself out of the way because myself is useless in walking . I think I grieved and cried a lot failing disappointing, falling and crawling through letting my self will go to take hold to the greatest help ever

Colossians 1:9-12 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray and make request for you, that ye may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding

This is one of my favorite verses. It's good to pray the for ourselves and others.

We have the Holy Spirit who inspires us as our teacher.

He does inspire me and stirs my spirit

I think one of the things that has taken much needed help (Holy Spirit) was and is for me to get that if I wanted to defeat (sin) It could never happen in my own strength or willpower . I stayed a Christian who bask in defeat until I learned to depend on the help that only the Holy Spirit can give. He broke through all the disillusions and took me to the cross ,where all the true work was done ,the cross of Christ . The flesh of my (self) is crucified I in my self effort can do nothing ,I am helpless and when I need help each time I realize how much the more I needed to push myself out of the way because myself is useless in walking . I think I grieved and cried a lot failing disappointing, falling and crawling through letting my self will go to take hold to the greatest help ever

Well said EM .... I think all of us have to come to that point in time where we say not my will but thine be done . We cannot in the natural overcome sin but in the spiritual we have the victory ....

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Colossians 1:9-12 gives us an intimation of the passion of the Father to make Himself known to us in such a real way that we can enter into all the riches of the fulness of His Life that belongs to us.

The word knowledge in the Greek is "epignosis." It means full knowledge, complete knowledge, exact knowledge

2 Peter 1:3According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

This is one of my favorite verses

2 Peter 1:3According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

This is one of my favorite verses

Amen GodSpeaks . That is a powerful verse that speaks to all . This is a verse that we as Christians need to claim . We need to know that the Holy Spirit is daily teaching us and that we can have the knowledge from Him because He has promised . We are living in the world but we are not of the world .

The bolded part " We might be partakers of the divine nature " .... Christians this is what is promised and we can go boldly to the throne of grace knowng that He has promised this to us . Imagine we can be partakers of God's divine nature because He made us in His image and right from Genesis we can see that . Are you not excited about the Promise ?

The Holy Spirit is our Teacher as well as our Helper. As we consistently read & study the Bible, He helps us remember it. And when the need arises, He helps us do what the Word said. Jesus said..."But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you." John 14:26

God sent the Holy Spirit to guide and strengthen the followers of Jesus so they could serve God by telling the gospel about Jesus and by loving one another .

The Spirit , Paul said produces , love , joy and peace ….. Gal. 5 as well as the ability to do God’s work in the world …. I Cor. 12 -14 .

This morning when reading in Romans 9:1 ..... I speak the truth in Christ—I am not lying, my conscience confirms it in the Holy Spirit—

Paul is desribing the " conscience " in terms of the human heart . Paul says the Holy Spirit acts as a teacher , speaking to his conscience and shaping his innermost thoughts and desires .

The Holy Spirit acts the same today and resonates in our spirit and when we are in our quiet space . It is there that He teaches and instucts us . We need to get away and listen to His voice.

Ok, I just have one little question.
What about the people that dont have the Gift of knowledge/wisdom and just cant fully understand everything by themselves.
I am worried about them, because as its said in the bible the Holy Spirit has a Gift for all of us to work together....
1 Corinthians 12:4, 7-11 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit.... (7) Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines.
As you can see, he is saying not ALL are given the gift of knowledge or wisdom, which will make reading the bible harder.
so even if someone cant understand something, they can find a teacher filled with the Holy Spirit to help.
How do they find this person? or do they find many people?
I skimmed over the thread but I dont think this got brought up.

God bless.

That's an excellent question and to dig a little deeper , there is an excellent answer in this other thread here and it is from Pastor Lynn from Australia .

http://www.christianforumsite.com/holy-spirit-baptism-living/28289-gifts-holy-spirit-2.html....

post #15

I don't believe that we have to have the gift of knowledge to understand the scripture . I believe the Holy Spirit helps us as we tarry with Him and I find that each time I read a passage , I get something from the passage that I have not gotten before.

Back