The ignored verses?

Are these verses ignored?

The bread that I give, is my flesh. (John 6:51)

Not everyone that says lord, lord, will enter the kingdom of God, but only the ones who do the will of the Father (Matthew7:21).

Faith without works is dead (James 2:26)

If you love me, you will keep my commandments (John 14:15).

Those who do not forgive, are not forgiven. (Matt 6:15).

Mercy is above law (James2: 13).

We must forgive others without limit (Luke 17:4)

Love our enemy; pray for them; do good for them; if someone takes our coat, give them our shirt as well; offer the other cheek if someone slaps us on one; lend and do not expect it back; and be merciful like our heavenly Father. (Luke 6:27-36)

Do pay evil with evil; never take revenge; feed our enemy; not allow evil to defeat us; and to overcome evil with good (Romans 12:17-21).

To sue another person is a sign of our complete failure (as a Christian); and it is better to be wronged or robbed than to wrong others or rob them (1Cor. 6:7).

No one can put aside, what God has joined in marriage (Mark 10:9). If a divorced person remarries, it is adultery (Luke 16:18). Even if there is unfaithfulness or abuse; we must stay faithful to our marriage vows; just as God is faithful to us even when we hurt him and are unfaithful to him (Hosea 3:1). God hates divorce (Malachi2:16).

Not everyone that says lord, lord, will enter the kingdom of God, but only the ones who do the will of the Father (Matthew7:21).

Love our enemy; pray for them; do good for them; if someone takes our coat, give them our shirt as well; offer the other cheek if someone slaps us on one; lend and do not expect it back; and be merciful like our heavenly Father. (Luke 6:27-36)

Do pay evil with evil; never take revenge; feed our enemy; not allow evil to defeat us; and to overcome evil with good (Romans 12:17-21).

To sue another person is a sign of our complete failure (as a Christian); and it is better to be wronged or robbed than to wrong others or rob them (1Cor. 6:7).

No one can put aside, what God has joined in marriage (Mark 10:9). If a divorced person remarries, it is adultery (Luke 16:18). Even if there is unfaithfulness or abuse; we must stay faithful to our marriage vows; just as God is faithful to us even when we hurt him and are unfaithful to him (Hosea 3:1). God hates divorce (Malachi2:16).

As these are All Scriptures in the Word of God, I for one do not know of anyone who ignores these Scriptures.

Now, the key to all understanding of Scripture is "Context".

Could you maybe extrapolate a little on what it is that you are asking about them and I would be more than happy to respond to your questions on how understand them and or apply them to our lives today.

No they are all scriptures although only one or two few I am not too familiar with but only because you might be using a different Bible version from me and the words are slightly different. I read KJV.

What version are these from?

I will post those that are a bit different in KJV...I need to look them up cos I dont recognise those verses you posted there.
James 2:13
For he shall have judgement without mercy, who hath shewed no mercy, and mercy rejoiceth against judgement.

Luke 17:4
And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again saying I repent, thou shalt forgive him.

Hosea 3:1
Then said the Lord unto me, Go yet, love a woman beloved of her friend, yet an adulteress, according to the love of the LORD toward the children of Israel, who look to other gods, and love flagons of wine.

are you using a paraphrase version?

Hmm no response, well, its not often that God tells you to love someone who is a hooker and into alternative religions and also has a drinking problem.

But I'm sure it happens.

If people ignored that verse then we wouldn't have romance novels like Francine River's Redeeming Love.

Last edited:
Let me throw a few philosophical thoughts your way, OP (original poster). When we sin, are we not ignoring God's word?
Therefore at one point or another we all willfully ignore scripture, do we not?

I believe there are many lazy Christians today relying upon the gift of salvation, and not eating the fruits of faithfulness they could be.
So yes, I do get where your posts coming from.

Father in the name of your Son Jesus Christ might we encourage one another to be more faithful on this site, giving you the glory, thanksgiving, and love that is yours. Amen.

Ok, I use the NRSV translation, listed below in blue. Appears it is a little long winded. Ok, for the most part, I'm good. However, the divorce one I totally blew - twice. In my defense, neither of my marriages were in a church and all divorces took place when I was my old me. Major is right, in that context is important. In reference to your "enemy," pretty sure a military conflict is not applicable; however, it is if they have been captured.

The raisin cake thing I have never understood.

Note: Did you miss a word on Romans 12:17-21
-----------------------

I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats of this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.”

"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.

For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is also dead.

If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

but if you do not forgive others, neither will your Father forgive your

For judgment will be without mercy to anyone who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.

And if the same person sins against you seven times a day, and turns back to you seven times and says, ‘I repent,’ you must forgive.”

27 “But I say to you that listen, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. 29 If anyone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also; and from anyone who takes away your coat do not withhold even your shirt. 30 Give to everyone who begs from you; and if anyone takes away your goods, do not ask for them again. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you. 32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34 If you lend to those from whom you hope to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return. Your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High; for he is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all. 18 If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. 19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave room for the wrath of God; for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” 20 No, “if your enemies are hungry, feed them; if they are thirsty, give them something to drink; for by doing this you will heap burning coals on their heads.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

In fact, to have lawsuits at all with one another is already a defeat for you. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be defrauded?

Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.

Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and whoever marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery.

The Lord said to me again, “Go, love a woman who has a lover and is an adulteress, just as the Lord loves the people of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes.”

For I hate divorce, says the Lord, the God of Israel, and covering one’s garment with violence, says the Lord of hosts. So take heed to yourselves and do not be faithless.

Last edited:

If these Scriptures were important enough for you to post all of them, I encourage you to pick one and post it and tell us WHY you think it is not spoken to or taught.

I will be glad to help you.

Hmm no response, well, its not often that God tells you to love someone who is a hooker and into alternative religions and also has a drinking problem.

But I'm sure it happens.

If people ignored that verse then we wouldn't have romance novels like Francine River's Redeeming Love.
Everybody has an innermost being worthy of our love, regardless of how lost the outermost self is.

I would ask are you actually reading the Bible right through because, the reading habits of some people are questionable. When you read a book, do you skim it or do you actually read sentence by sentence.

Even if a sentence (verse) is hard to understand, read it anyway.
I teach this in school. When I read a book out loud (only a short picture book) I read it right through I do not skip the sentences. I don't skip pages. I don't start at the end and go backwards. Imagine if I was a lazy librarian and just ONLY read the sentences I liked the sound of. Would the story then make any sense to anyone listening? NOOOO

Back