The importance of Praise (1Thessalonians 5:18)

Because it a courtesy to say thank you to the one providing the goods?

And even if things go wrong or stuff up, you can take it back to them and say, sorry, but it wasn't what I thought it was. Or I don't know how to use it. Then they might give you a refund or teach you something more or something.

See God doesn't actually need the flattery, He's just going about His business. And the business can't run or reach further if He doesn't get the custom right. And how do people know about the business. Word of mouth. Hence..testimony. Praise.

Because it a courtesy to say thank you to the one providing the goods?

And even if things go wrong or stuff up, you can take it back to them and say, sorry, but it wasn't what I thought it was. Or I don't know how to use it. Then they might give you a refund or teach you something more or something.

See God doesn't actually need the flattery, He's just going about His business. And the business can't run or reach further if He doesn't get the custom right. And how do people know about the business. Word of mouth. Hence..testimony. Praise.

I agree that God doesn't need the praise for himself, it is for our good and the good of others that might be influenced by our praise of God. God in his love knows how much we need to learn to appreciate the good that God brings, so that we can also learn to love others more perfectly over time. Acting in love doesn't come naturally to us, so God gives us his Spirit and shows us how to act on these gifts.

That could apply, I think it's closer to...

2 Corinthians 9:11 (KJV) Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.
or...
2 Corinthians 9:15 (KJV) Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift..

because even what we do (Col 3:17) is the result of gifts given to serve others and/or glorify Him.
(ex. our eyesight, motor dexterity, health, intelligence etc.)
Yes I see thanks.
So after I realise now that praising Him in gratitude for Salvation and Jesus. and the fruits that encompass it, it can mean more than that in the service of ourselves to others and the gratitude that He has given us gifts to help the world.

edit: I have read about those gifts in the book of Corinthians and Romans.

I do desire them. But no idea if I have any lol.

hiw do I know which is mine?

Last edited:
Yes I see thanks.
So after I realise now that praising Him in gratitude for Salvation and Jesus. and the fruits that encompass it, it can mean more than that in the service of ourselves to others and the gratitude that He has given us gifts to help the world.

edit: I have read about those gifts in the book of Corinthians and Romans.

I do desire them. But no idea if I have any lol.

hiw do I know which is mine?
I'm no expert on the matter of gifts, but I would say, the best indicator would be that which you like doing in service to to others and secondarily, that which you are good at.
I believe God instills the desire with the gift.

We praise God in many ways some very consciously like praising God in word, song and actions. Others less consciously as we fellowship with the world and our brothers and sisters.

Ways to praise God found scripture

Heb 2:12-3 Here Christ praised God by declaring God's name in regular conversation and song. Christ trusted God his Father another form of praise as we honor God and recognize the spiritual gifts that he gives us so generously.

In the beginning praising God may be mostly saying the words, in time we come to truly praise God in thought, word, song, and deed. The way of praise and trust in God becomes a way of life.

We praise God in many ways some very consciously like praising God in word, song and actions. Others less consciously as we fellowship with the world and our brothers and sisters.

Ways to praise God found scripture

Heb 2:12-3 Here Christ praised God by declaring God's name in regular conversation and song. Christ trusted God his Father another form of praise as we honor God and recognize the spiritual gifts that he gives us so generously.

In the beginning praising God may be mostly saying the words, in time we come to truly praise God in thought, word, song, and deed. The way of praise and trust in God becomes a way of life.
Thanks.

Changing our thoughts is really hard.

I have made a groove thick enough in my skull I often wonder if there is any way of reversing that. But I am on to it as the Spirit Helps. Just acknowledging them is a start I find.

So I have recently found myself praising Him for giving me valuable information about myself. Like Things I don’t like. This is all new to me.

Thanks.

Changing our thoughts is really hard.

I have made a groove thick enough in my skull I often wonder if there is any way of reversing that. But I am on to it as the Spirit Helps. Just acknowledging them is a start I find.

So I have recently found myself praising Him for giving me valuable information about myself. Like Things I don’t like. This is all new to me.
I am new to all this also. I find myself lately spontaneously making up fun praise songs to sing to God about how much I love Him and how much I love Jesus Christ. I feel like a little kid just singing my joyful heart out! I pray every day for God to help me in all the areas I am extremely deficient. Including intrusive judgmental thought I may have about others. I took a walk today and asked God to help me with this in particular. All of a sudden, I became so thankful that I don’t have to have the burden of judging people. That’s God’s job! What a relief! With this new mindset is helping me train my brain. Because I don’t want to judge people. Sincerely do not. It’s just a bad habit I need to break and the Holy Spirit will help me. Amen!

I am new to all this also. I find myself lately spontaneously making up fun praise songs to sing to God about how much I love Him and how much I love Jesus Christ. I feel like a little kid just singing my joyful heart out! I pray every day for God to help me in all the areas I am extremely deficient. Including intrusive judgmental thought I may have about others. I took a walk today and asked God to help me with this in particular. All of a sudden, I became so thankful that I don’t have to have the burden of judging people. That’s God’s job! What a relief! With this new mindset is helping me train my brain. Because I don’t want to judge people. Sincerely do not. It’s just a bad habit I need to break and the Holy Spirit will help me. Amen!
Thankyou for your insights and testimony.
Sounds like you have had a real breakthrough. God Bless.
And welcome to the forum.

Great thread Via
Gold Heart thank you for your testimony, it is encouragimg. You have a good heart.
I agree that God gives you a gift and the ability to do it well, and one you enjoy doing.
God is actually doing it through us. I think it is a great honour that God uses us.
Praising and thanking God is a wonderful feeling. We can sometimes forget to say thank you for things we take for granted, nit just spiritual things. Like family, friends, fresh water, hot water, food, clothes and shelter.
The way The Holy Spirit guides us and to the Father for even listening to us. So many things it take pages for us to list then.
Praising God' makes me feel closer to Him.

Great thread Via
Gold Heart thank you for your testimony, it is encouragimg. You have a good heart.
I agree that God gives you a gift and the ability to do it well, and one you enjoy doing.
God is actually doing it through us. I think it is a great honour that God uses us.
Praising and thanking God is a wonderful feeling. We can sometimes forget to say thank you for things we take for granted, nit just spiritual things. Like family, friends, fresh water, hot water, food, clothes and shelter.
The way The Holy Spirit guides us and to the Father for even listening to us. So many things it take pages for us to list then.
Praising God' makes me feel closer to Him.
so what about when you don't enjoy what your doing? I need to drive as I live in the wilderness...
and I am learning to drive, and sometimes I just don't enjoy it. I think I am not making great progress, and I even fear driving it at times. Is God not there when I am scared? isn't there a scripture that says perfect Love casts out fear? not sure how it is said or what verse...I have been praying for more confidence, but its hit and miss at the moment☹️

so what about when you don't enjoy what your doing? I need to drive as I live in the wilderness...
and I am learning to drive, and sometimes I just don't enjoy it. I think I am not making great progress, and I even fear driving it at times. Is God not there when I am scared? isn't there a scripture that says perfect Love casts out fear? not sure how it is said or what verse...I have been praying for more confidence, but its hit and miss at the moment☹️
1 John 4:18 (KJV) There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Hebrews 13:5 (KJV) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

1 John 4:18 (KJV) There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Hebrews 13:5 (KJV) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
well after reading that, now I can accept the fact that I might be a terrible driver for now. but I will do my best and take my time because I am determined to pass, I have come this far,
thanks for those scriptures. you have just gave me a bit more hope. I am content in knowing I am still yet a nervous driver, but since God has given me determination and perseverance, I will keep pushing on toward the goal.😊

I have to do many things I don't like. I have some idea how you feel.
So I do them as if I am doing it for the Lord. It is amazing how it helps. I make a better job of it and enjoy doing it because it is for The Lord, not myself.
Colossians 3:23 NKJV
" And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to The Lor and not to men."

As for Fear.
I pray first and ask The Lord and The Holy Spirit to be with me and strengthen me.

Isaiah 41:10
"Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you , I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Claim your promises Via.

Back