The incorruptible crown

The incorruptible crown

1 Corinthians 9:24) Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

1 Corinthians 9:25) And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

An incorruptible crown, this is the reward that go to all them that do not allow themselves to be corrupted by the earth and its dark workings. Now as Christians we are called to the calling to become incorruptible (ref. 1 Corinthians 15:52) and yet now we are presently in the corruptible, the body, this fleshy shell. Now can we as the creatures who (Romans 8:19) “waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God” let ourselves fall to the ways of corruption? (Romans 8:14) “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God” and as the children of God shall we let iniquity in its hideousness consume us or shall we let iniquity manifest itself upon us?

(Psalm 19:13) “Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression” is the type of petition that we should all be asking of God. Think about it, in a corruptible world full of venom spiritually, hate, envy, murders, adulteries, and evil temptations lurking around every corner, and can be present in our very homes, manifested temptation through family, (Luke 12:51-53) “Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.” How important is it for us to lean to the incorruptible, the righteous, the Almighty and all knowing God.

(2 Thessalonians 2:3) “Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first”, and who are they that fell away in perdition and destruction, but they are those who fell into corruption, vanity, and the evil of the world. (Romans 8:37) “Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.” Yes in deed we are if we lean to Him and depend on His strength and His grace to lead us and to order our steps in the battlefield called earth. (Ephesians 6:12-13) “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

2 Corinthians 6:7) “By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,

2 Corinthians 6:6) “By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned

Yes with the provision of God we can keep free from that which corrupts, which defiles, which snares the soul into a state of perdition.

Thanks for this post. We were only talking with friends this morning about the great falling away that would occur in the last days.

I am a great believer in taking particular note of Scriptures that are brought to my attention more than once in a short time.

I think God is saying that we must not be surprised at the falling away from the faith that is going on now, certainly in Europe. Even many Evangelical Churches are failing to preach the Gospel, and some leading Christians have been saying that the Atonement is false teaching.

We seem to argue endlessly about trivial things and I'm sure that this is a work of the evil one to keep us from fixing our eyes firmly on our Lord Jesus and His word;.

God bless you as we learn together.

Back