THE INNER ROOM - "Learn and Grow - to Maturity". Please read the 1st Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Praying!
smilies-1.gif

I hate storms.. it is windy here tonite and I live in the upstairs of an old house with a beauty shop below.. the house shakes when the wind blows!

I went through a tornado back in PA in 1985. It was awful, I Had to get counseling afterwards for fear of storms.

I hope the weather is ok at end of month. I fly to Arkansas!

Take care and may the Lord be with you and keep you safe.

Faithwoman

Hey, Faithwoman! I can see how living thru a tornado will make you leery of storms! We only get threats of tornadoes around here. We live in a basin, so most of the tornadoes go over us and hit outside the basin, so we are blessed indeed!
Praying for you to have courage thru this coming storm!
004.jpg

I'm so tired :yawn: it was a long night. We had tornados, high winds, hail, and flooding across the state. There were 24 deaths in Tennessee last night, and more in in Arkansas, Kentucky, and Alabama. My understanding is that they are still searching to see if any other victims are found. At least tally 47 deaths and over half of those came from TN. Midnight brought round two of the storms to where I live and it was loud and scary because I had no power to listen to the news. Mom still had power and so I called her and she kept me updated. It is going to be a long day across the south as more people are found by injured and dead. So please send prayers down here to everyone that has been touched by the tornados and storms.

Man, oh, man! We've been hearing about this in our news Down Under. Shocking the number that have lost their lives.

I know things like this have been happening forever, but if the U.S. is anything like Oz, well our weather is plumb crazy!! Downpours causing horrendously destructive floods literally all over our large state of Queensland - yet 50 miles away from any given flood may be farms still in a 5-6 year drought and receiving Government assistance to get them through.

The weather is different from anything I ever remember in my life, and seems to have gone mad. Even nature is responding to how different it is. I may have mentioned how one native Aussie tree that flowers once per year in November is currently making a beautiful show for the 3rd time in the past 6 months, and an Acacia (Wattle) that flowers in August is also currently in flower. Even the native birds that come into our garden are confused as to what season of the year it is. And my suspicion is that this apparently major weather change may go on for quite some time...

How wonderful that we have a loving God with wonderfully strong shoulders for us to lean on!!!

I'm so tired :yawn: it was a long night. We had tornados, high winds, hail, and flooding across the state. There were 24 deaths in Tennessee last night, and more in in Arkansas, Kentucky, and Alabama. My understanding is that they are still searching to see if any other victims are found. At least tally 47 deaths and over half of those came from TN. Midnight brought round two of the storms to where I live and it was loud and scary because I had no power to listen to the news. Mom still had power and so I called her and she kept me updated. It is going to be a long day across the south as more people are found by injured and dead. So please send prayers down here to everyone that has been touched by the tornados and storms.

Man, oh, man! We've been hearing about this in our news Down Under. Shocking the number that have lost their lives.

I know this has been happening forever, but if the U.S. is anything like Oz, well our weather is plumb crazy!! Downpours causing horrendously destructive floods literally all over our large state of Queensland - yet 50 miles away from any given floow may still be in a 5-6 year drought and getting Government assistance to get them through. The weather is different from anything I ever remember in my life, and seems to have gone mad.

Even nature is responding to how different it is. I may have mentioned how one native Aussie tree that flowers once per year in November is currently making a beautiful show for the 3rd time in the past 6 months, and an Acacia (Wattle) that flowers in August is currently in flower. Even the native birds that come into our garden are confused as to what season of the year it is. And my strong suspicion is that this major change may go on for quite some time...

It is rare to get tornados this time of year here but it does happen - the last big one was the 99 tornado which destroyed much of the city that I live in.

I don't mind storms to much but it was a little difficult dealing with it all alone with no power.

It is rare to get tornados this time of year here but it does happen - the last big one was the 99 tornado which destroyed much of the city that I live in.

I don't mind storms to much but it was a little difficult dealing with it all alone with no power.

Man, that's scary. Glad you're okay, hon!

Down here it's not tornados or hurricanes, but cyclones. Even tho Australia is almost the size of the U.S. with only 21 million population, obviously we don't have all that many large cities for cyclones to destroy (most of our country is dry desert-type land). But we've still had some DREADFUL cyclones in my lifetime. Fortunately only the top half of Oz gets hit by them. The remainder of the continent is too far south.

However with global warming we're being warned that in time they may come further south, meaning that the first largest city that would be in that new zone would be Brisbane where we live - around 3 million population in and around Brisbane city. We live on the outskirts fortunately - we do NOT like large cities, and are close to Aussie bush which we love to get out into whenever we're well enough.

Hey, Bondman! What is the difference between a cyclone and a tornadoe?
eyebrow.gif

Blowed if I know, hon (oh, notice the word 'blow' there, hehe!) In the Northern Hemisphere you have tornados and hurricanes in different parts. What's the difference? I have no idea. Okay, cyclones are Southern Hemisphere, and so they spin in the opposite direction to the two northern ones. But that makes no difference to their destructive forces of any of them so far as I know!

Cyclones can be quite vast as to the area they cover, tho close to the eye is always worst. And in Australia as soon as a Cyclone gets over land it starts to lose intensity and changes into a low pressure area. Very occasionally they'll turn and go back out to sea and regain their power.

Unfortunately ALL of our large cities are right on the coast, and so - if hit - will get destroyed before the cyclone starts to lose its power.

NOTICE

I'm aiming to take this weekend off. So probably no messages for a couple of days. If you don't see me, I'm not ignoring you, but will be back soon! If you see me, it's cos I can't keep away... *sad case!*

But don't think I'll be resting. That has to wait for heaven!! We'll be doing other important computer tasks that have been on hold in a MAJOR way while we've both been so whacked. Still are, but we hope a 'change' will be as good as a holiday!...

Blessings each one of you!

- BM and his Lady

Hey, Bondman! What is the difference between a cyclone and a tornadoe?
eyebrow.gif

in meteorology, a cyclone is an area of low atmospheric pressurespiraling winds that rotate counter clockwise in the northern hemisphere and clockwise in the southern hemisphere of the Earth. [1][2] The generic term covers a wide variety of meteorological phenomena. These include tropical cyclones, extratropical cyclones, and tornadoes, so meteorologists rarely use "cyclone" without additional qualification.
There is no difference between cyclones and tornadoes they are the same thing :) just different words.

My new Notebook

Hey Bondman,

I copied and printed out your lessons and put them in a notebook.. how cool is that! Now I have my own Inner Room lesson book.. man you should get them published!

Faithwoman:)

in meteorology, a cyclone is an area of low atmospheric pressurespiraling winds that rotate counter clockwise in the northern hemisphere and clockwise in the southern hemisphere of the Earth. [1][2] The generic term covers a wide variety of meteorological phenomena. These include tropical cyclones, extratropical cyclones, and tornadoes, so meteorologists rarely use "cyclone" without additional qualification. There is no difference between cyclones and tornadoes they are the same thing :) just different words.

Good one, sweetie! At it happens, Meteorologists here always use cyclone with no qualification, i.e., what we have in our part of the world are 'cyclones', and that's it. (Obviously different in other places.) Our cyclones can cover a vast area outside of the continent, e.g., way out to islands in both the Pacific and Indian Oceans (seeing as our island continent is totally surrounded by water), from where the often originate, and we then go onto 'Cyclone Watch' here if their movement is in our direction - which often happens.

(Oh, I'm "not here" BTW. Just thought I should mention that! *hahaha*)

Hey Bondman,

I copied and printed out your lessons and put them in a notebook.. how cool is that! Now I have my own Inner Room lesson book.. man you should get them published!

Faithwoman:)

Goodness, that must have been a big job! I'm sposed to have collected them all into one place - but it just hasn't happened! *sigh* Published?? Thankyou, hon, that's very kind of you. I admit that I would like to share more widely, but am always content where He puts me, and apparently the Lord's currently content as well! *hehe*

Well, it's back to them there rotten 'puters! No rest for the wicked, they say! *fights back strong urge to run away...*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back