THE INNER ROOM - "Learn and Grow - to Maturity". Please read the 1st Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Bondman for the Ruts thread. It came in a timely manner. I have pm'd a few with the following message tonight and I copied it and will paste it here so you will get a feel for how God has led me to listen, even If didn't understand that was what He was showing me.

In an earlier thread, Bo shared some of Andrew Murray's wisdom with us. It is from part of his message that struck me about what I was doing right:

To this end, let your first act in your devotion be a setting yourself still before God. In prayer, or worship, everything depends upon God taking the chief place. I must bow quietly before Him in humble faith and adoration, speaking thus within my heart: “God is. God is near. God is love, longing to communicate Himself to me. God the Almighty One, Who worketh all in all, is even now waiting to work in me, and make Himself known.” Take time, till you know God is very near.

Recently, I have been practicing this quietness just because I am going through a bit of stress and weariness from Norm's deep depression. For the last 8 mos., he has been a bit hard to live with because of this change in his medication.

But, my point is that, because of this and probably lack of sleep, I have just been kneeling by my bed in the morning and in silence, just being still before God and letting Him build up my strength for the day. It initially began just as a deep weariness and not being able to pray much. I'd just be still and sit and let Him give me what I figured He knew I must need. It has been humbling. I didn't care if I was doing the right thing. Just that I had nothing to give and needed His "medication" administered to me.

Then, when I read Andrew Murry's inspiring words above, it put into focus for me that I was doing the right thing. I was just waiting on the Lord to speak peace to me.

It spoke peace to my hungry, weary soul, as He does in my need. And then your thread confirmed to me that my time to rely on His strength is here, now. And it is a blessing to be able to share with all of you these needs until we get through it. Bonnie

Great post, hon, and VERY important. Less talk, more quietness, more listening, hey! Thankyou so much for sharing.

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #39

DIE TO OUR DESIRES, AWAKE TO HIS!

TAKE UP YOUR CROSS

Luke Ch 9
23 Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."

Just what did Jesus mean by: "Take up your cross daily and follow me." Convention has led us to express 'taking up the cross' something like this: "Oh, we all have our crosses to bear!" NO WE DON'T!! What taking up your cross REALLY means is: willing to die. The cross meant and means nothing else but death. That's what it meant for Jesus, that's what it means for us. I have to daily die to myself: to all that I want, to all that I feel, to the whole of my life, and all of ME!

DENY YOURSELF

That's why He said that I must DENY MYSELF by DAILY taking up my cross, unto death, and following Him.

Guys, do you see how serious this is? He started with: "If anyone would come after Me." That is, if you would dare to call yourself CHRISTIAN, then this is nothing less than a call unto death to yourself! Thus my life for ME is over. Gone for ever! Finished! Dead! JESUS is now the One in charge. I've given over the reins of all of my life to the Lord. That's why I use the nickname 'Bondman' = 'bond-slave to Jesus', cos now He is my Master. I now live solely to serve my wonderful Master! Like He Himself said in the Garden, "Not My will, Father, but Yours be done." That's exactly it - for every part of my life, it has to be HIS will for me, every day!

LOSE YOUR LIFE

And have a look at the CONTRAST Jesus paints in these powerful words:

Matthew Ch 10
39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

Please note "for My sake". And what does "loses his life for My sake" mean? - same as taking up the cross; same as denying myself!

More contrasts:

Ephesians Ch 2
5a Even when we were dead in and by our sins, He made us alive in Christ.

Wow, so we USED to be DEAD, but He brought us to LIFE! Now that we HAVE this life, He's calling us to GIVE IT BACK TO HIM, to 'lose' it, not be keeping it for ourselves, but freely giving it up to JESUS - because of our LOVE for Him! Some here will remember how I've said that the NT has numbers of contradictions, or rather apparent contradictions, where we need to really concentrate hard to understand what God is REALLY saying to us!

So... lose your life for Jesus' sake, and you will gain it! Does that work for you like it does for me? Because... keep hold of it - and you will lose it. Not good, hey!

NEVER QUIT!

Finally there's a WARNING about our Christian walk when we've given up ALL to follow Jesus:

Luke Ch 9
62 Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God."

TODAY IS THE DAY

So if ya gonna do it, THEN DO IT!! And never quit! You can take it from me that you'll NEVER regret it. Submit to the Lord Jesus as Lord over all of your life, right now. Then you'll be able to easily choose... to take up your cross and die daily to yourself. Don't put it off. There's absolutely NO time for messing around with this! Now is the time for YOU to take Jesus as your LORD, as well as your Saviour!!

Much love in Jesus!

- BM, with his Lady
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

QUESTIONS WELCOME!

hspace1.gif

Thanx Bondman! My simple heart did 'get' it. I enjoyed reading what your name meant - Bondman. That's cool.

I went to a Bible study tonight at church and 2 verses were shared that were very good. I wanted to share them with ya'all:

Rom 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

That tells me that you prove to yourself what the perfect will of God is for your life by renewing it so you will not fall into the hands of the world and it's lusts.

Isa 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.

So we know that if we keep our minds renewed and kept on Him, He will keep up in perfect peace. How awsome is that?!

Have a good morning. I'm going to bed now! zzz :p

Hey all!

Just a quick note .. God is awesome!

I traveled yestereday to my new town.. Got to see the house the hospital is providing for me.. Let me correct that.. the house the Lord is providing for me.. It is an older home and is just adorable! It is within walking distance of my job.. It is great! Got to spend some time with my new boss. had a great evening! Drove back this AM and just getting ready to hop off to work.. to do the Lord's work! .. 8 more days at my old job and off to the journey the Lord has me going on!

Awesome morning.. I will catch up with posts later

Hugs
Robin

Robin, great to hear you starting to get settled in!

Thanx Bondman! My simple heart did 'get' it. I enjoyed reading what your name meant - Bondman. That's cool.

I went to a Bible study tonight at church and 2 verses were shared that were very good. I wanted to share them with ya'all:

Rom 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

That tells me that you prove to yourself what the perfect will of God is for your life by renewing it so you will not fall into the hands of the world and it's lusts.

Isa 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.

So we know that if we keep our minds renewed and kept on Him, He will keep up in perfect peace. How awsome is that?!

Have a good morning. I'm going to bed now! zzz :p

Hon, there's nothing 'simple' about your heart, per se! I'm just thrilled at how you respond to what God is teaching you and wanting to teach you.

Keep movin' on like you are. Praying for hubby and you.

- BM

I'll add an Amen to that! (I just adore the heart one!!)

Continuing in prayer for you and family.

Bless you heaps!

- BM

Hey, Wayne! Like the graphics!

Hey, Faithwoman! Wonderful news! Looks like things are looking up for you!

Bondman, great message, as always! How is the missus?

Bonnie, just love to watch you grow!

Hey, guess what? I've got laryngitis!!!
shocked017.gif
I guess it is a combination of a cold I've been fighting, lots of smoke and cold night air. Anyway, I dont feel bad, just sound funny! ha! When I can talk!
So this leads me to an interesting observation....I chose to only speak when it was absolutely necessary. (in an effort to save my voice) And it is amazing at just how much my conversation is idle talk! eeep! Talk about a wake up call! I think I am going to be a little more quiet from now on.
Well, a little bit, anyway.
smile.gif

MESSAGE #0 *lol*

"BUT LORD, IT'S JUST TOO HARD"

Ever felt the Christian life is like that? That no matter how hard you try you can't get it to work properly. And you feel frustrated sometimes - and guilty at other times. "I should be doing better than this!" you feel.

Well faint not, for this is common! I've been there. We all have. But the question that has to be asked - and answered! - is WHY? What's the problem here? This is SERIOUS! What on earth is going on??

Answers seem quite difficult to find - but I think that's cos we're usually looking in the wrong place. Here's a statement of FACT: the Christian life is not just HARD - it's IMPOSSIBLE! And the sooner we recognise this, the sooner we can really start to LEARN and GROW as God wants us to.

It's impossible for US TO LIVE IT. But NOT FOR GOD! What He's waiting for is me to admit that I'm licked, that I've tried - but I just can't do it. Waiting for me to get to this point... then come to HIM for help.

These days (it was NOT always so!) I live a successful life in Christ. My Christian life actually WORKS! And if for me, so for you also. Truly! You just need the means to get there, and that I can help you with. But first a warning: this is NOT for the faint-hearted, or the ones who are like the seed that falls on stony ground or among thorns (I dare you to go and read Mark 18:18,19! Don't be THIS. But rather be as in v. 20!! :)) That is, ya gotta be deadly serious about all of this - or be content with the consequences of failing!

More to come...

- BM and his Lady
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

arrow-red-flash.gif
GOTO:
Next Message

hspace2.gif

I went back to reread the messages. There's no Mark 18. It goes up to 16....

I've been bored lately with spring break and had lots of time on my hands. I'm now taking that time to read the bible instead of doing absolutely nothing or watching TV, or eating.

I'm reading Mark, it's great.

"Mark 11

The Little Children and Jesus

13 People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." 16 And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.
The Rich and the Kingdom of God

17 As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. "Good teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

18 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone. 19 You know the commandments: 'You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.' [d]"
20 "Teacher," he declared, "all these I have kept since I was a boy."
21 Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
22 At this the man's face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.
23 Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!"
24 The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said again, "Children, how hard it is [e] to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for the rich to enter the kingdom of God."
26 The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other, "Who then can be saved?"
27 Jesus looked at them and said, "With human beings this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."
28 Then Peter spoke up, "We have left everything to follow you!" 29 "Truly I tell you," Jesus replied, "no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel 30 will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age: homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—along with persecutions—and in the age to come eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and the last first." "

ir-heading.gif

MESSAGE #40

BONDMAN - DOULOS

There's nothing to be proud about being a 'bondman' - or 'bond-slave', or 'slave', or 'bond-servant', or just 'servant' - depending on how it's translated in your Bible. The Greek word is doulos. Strong gives one meaning for this as:"One who gives himself up to another's will." And also: "Devoted to another to the disregard of one's interests." I love both of these!

DOULOS = SLAVE

But let's not shilly-shally about this one little bit: doulos means slave, pure and simple! A bond-slave in NT times was bought and totally owned by his master, there for no purpose but to be a SLAVE to his master - for life!

A slave, that is, with NO human rights remaining whatsoever - NEVER to be released! In the New Testament Paul's first letter to the Christian church, and in the very first verse... well here's what he called himself:

Romans Ch 1
1 Paul, a bond-slave of Jesus Christ.

I've related here how I CHOSE to become a bond-slave to Jesus as late as 1999, and now will be one forever. But what I didn't realise at that time, and probably you don't realise either, is contained in this mind-bending statement of Paul's:

1 Corinthians Ch 7
22 For he who was a slave when he was called by the Lord is the Lord's freedman; similarly, he who was a free man when he was called is Christ's slave.

STATEMENT 1: If you were a bond-slave when you got saved, you're now a man totally FREE in the Lord. How wonderful is THAT for anyone who is not FREE, or who doesn't FEEL like they are free!

STATEMENT 2: Similarly, if you were (already) a free man when you got saved, you're now Christ's slave!

WHO ARE BOND-SLAVES?

Again you can see the strong contrasts and opposites here between 'slave' and 'freeman'. But it's perfectly and absolutely clear what God is saying overall in this verse: as Christ's man or woman - YOU ARE ALREADY A BOND-SLAVE, a doulos!!!

I had never seen that! I thought Paul was the one who'd just chosen to be a bondman, and so I'd chosen too. But the truth is that if you are a true Christian, you're already a bond-slave to Jesus!!!

JESUS IS YOUR LORD!

Shall I tell you the wonderful thing I see that this does for us all? - God here has made it SO MUCH EASIER for us to acknowledge that Jesus Christ IS Lord over all of our lives... because we ALREADY totally belong to Him as his doulos! WOW!!

BOUGHT WITH A PRICE!

And in case we didn't quite 'get' it, here's the very next verse:

1 Corinthians Ch 7
23 You were bought with a price.
And that's THE GREATEST PRICE
ever paid by ANY MAN,
for ANY THING!!!
GOD HAS BOUGHT YOU!
Paid a MASSIVELY high price for you:
Jesus' SHED BLOOD, and ultimately HIS LIFE!!!

1 Corinthians Ch 6
19b You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price.

God is now adding one more truth here: "You do not belong to yourself any more," He's saying. "YOU ARE NOT YOUR OWN. YOU ARE MINE! I PAID A VERY GREAT AMOUNT FOR YOU!!"

Dear ones reading here, let's start living it like it really is - which is that WE ARE COMPLETELY and TOTALLY HIS!!!!

Bless you each and every one!

- BM, with his lady-love
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

QUESTIONS WELCOME!

hspace1.gif

Mark_18 said:

Oops! It's Mark Ch 4:18-19. VERY powerful words there. I've fixed it. Many thanks for pointing that out, Mark!

Oh 'eck, why don't I put them here right now! Jesus speaking:

Mark 4
18 Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; 19 but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth ** and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful.

And then the next verse:

20 Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop—thirty, sixty or even a hundred times what was sown."

** We are ALL very wealthy!! Even the poorest of us! Most of the world hasn't anything like the money, housing, food, leisure-time and life-style that we have!!!

poverty.jpg

"BUT LORD, IT'S JUST TOO HARD
"

As I sit here in tears after these posts this morning, I thank all of you.
That has been my thought last night and this morning, how I think it is too hard. It is all so worth it, I was just struggling looking, sitting amongst the boxes, the college books there, the work to be done at my old job, moving to a temporary house, then a full time house, and all. The Lord has really blessed me (oh and after I quote) i don't know how to change it back to regular typing!). anyway, in the midst of all of this, I got a call last night that a friend of mine who had cancer last year, now has a spot on her brain and her spine.. and I think I have it hard- ummm wake up call..
There are moments and thoughts of part of my "old" Robin that creep in and the evil thought .. says don't ya miss that.. and tries to keep me going... I just really need to turn to his Word at each and every minute and think about the awesome eternal home he has waiting for me.

hugs to you all
Robin

Oh, sweetie, it IS too hard! That's why Jesus sent the Holy Spirit! He has the POWER for you so you can live the life.

He's always ther. Speak to the Lord ALOUD each time you feel overwhelmed, tell Him that you can't do it, then tell Him you are relying on Him for HIS help. There is no other way for us. And your FAITH and trust in His ability will be rewarded the more your exercise it.

Bless you so much in your journey, dear one!

- BM

P.S. To change the colour of what you're writing, click the A at the top, click the colour you want in the box, then type from there.

To change the size, click the number at the top, and choose 2, similar to changing colour. (NOTE: if you can't see a number, then click "Go Advanced" down below which will take you to a new page which HAS the number.)

My apologies to those who follow my messages - I failed to properly mark the last one AS a message. Fixed now. It's called "BONDMAN - DOULOS" just a few posts back. But I do have an excuse! *grin*

You may read the quite serious story about this HERE - in my first blog!

Hey, Bondman! Did you notice that your condition, CFS, has the same initials as this forum, CFS? Interesting!

I am so glad you survived your crisis! Although, being with Jesus is the ultimate, and I wouldnt want to deprive you of that, we sure would MISS YOU, LOTS!!!
crying.gif

Faithwoman, hang in there. Its going to get better.
smile.gif
You just have to get thru this transitional part. You know, where your in between where you are and where your going.

Hey, Mark! That is a good move, reading the bible instead of worldly things! Excellent choice!
yesssmileyf.gif

Mark, I think he meant Mark 8:18.

18Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember?

That's cool you are reading more. And, I'll bet you are understanding more also. It's kinda like that when the Holy Spirit is in you and you are actually hungry to read His Word, not doing it just because you know you should. I hope we never lose that hunger. I think from what Bondman said, you will come to that place after awhile, that we will go beyond slipping back into sin, but continuing to grow. Press on, Bonnie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back