The Inspiration Game #1 (A)

?

/

Thought I'd come up with a little game for us all.
Each week I will post the following letter of the alphabet and the aim is to list inspirational Biblical verses or phrases beginning with the letter in the thread title.

This week is A.

I'll start:

Genesis 13:17

Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

Eccl. 8 All things are full of labor;
Man cannot express it.
The eye is not satisfied with seeing,
Nor the ear filled with hearing.

I refrain from entering into any competition with anyone. I don't believe in it; yet I feel the premise of sharing scripture is very great.

Ecclesiastes 3 (NASB)

A Time for Everything

3 There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven—
2 A time to give birth and a time to die;
A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.
3 A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
4 A time to weep and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn and a time to dance.
5 A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing.
6 A time to search and a time to give up as lost;
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
7 A time to tear apart and a time to sew together;
A time to be silent and a time to speak.
8 A time to love and a time to hate;
A time for war and a time for peace.

Sorry I needed 3:1 :D

2 Timothy 3:16-17~ All scripture is God-Breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Awesome thread!!

Mark 4:20 KJV
And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirty fold, some sixty fold, and some a hundred.

images-10.jpg

"All blessings come to us through our Lord. He will teach us, for in beholding His life we find that He is the best example." ~St. Teresa of Avila

"All blessings come to us through our Lord. He will teach us, for in beholding His life we find that He is the best example." ~St. Teresa of Avila
I've been there... nice city. It's still walled after all these centuries.

My verse:

Psalms 119:1 (KJV)
ALEPH. Blessed [are] the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.​

Do I get two points for being "A" in two languages in one verse? :p

Seriously, Psa 119 is an alphabet chapter. Each of the 22 letters of Hebrew get 8 verses all beginning with that letter. Here's Alef: (it's read right to left)

Psalms 119:1-8 (WHM)
אַשְׁרֵ֥י תְמִֽימֵי־דָ֑רֶךְ הַֽ֝הֹלְכִ֗ים בְּתֹורַ֥ת יְהוָֽה׃
אַ֭שְׁרֵי נֹצְרֵ֥י עֵדֹתָ֗יו בְּכָל־לֵ֥ב יִדְרְשֽׁוּהוּ׃
אַ֭ף לֹֽא־פָעֲל֣וּ עַוְלָ֑ה בִּדְרָכָ֥יו הָלָֽכוּ׃
אַ֭תָּה צִוִּ֥יתָה פִקֻּדֶ֗יךָ לִשְׁמֹ֥ר מְאֹֽד׃
אַ֭חֲלַי יִכֹּ֥נוּ דְרָכָ֗י לִשְׁמֹ֥ר חֻקֶּֽיךָ׃
אָ֥ז לֹא־אֵבֹ֑ושׁ בְּ֝הַבִּיטִ֗י אֶל־כָּל־מִצְוֹתֶֽיךָ׃
אֹ֭ודְךָ בְּיֹ֣שֶׁר לֵבָ֑ב בְּ֝לָמְדִ֗י מִשְׁפְּטֵ֥י צִדְקֶֽךָ׃
אֶת־חֻקֶּ֥יךָ אֶשְׁמֹ֑ר אַֽל־תַּעַזְבֵ֥נִי עַד־מְאֹֽד׃

Reactions: /
I've been there... nice city. It's still walled after all these centuries.

My verse:

Psalms 119:1 (KJV)
ALEPH. Blessed [are] the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.​

Do I get two points for being "A" in two languages in one verse? :p

Seriously, Psa 119 is an alphabet chapter. Each of the 22 letters of Hebrew get 8 verses all beginning with that letter. Here's Alef: (it's read right to left)

Psalms 119:1-8 (WHM)
אַשְׁרֵ֥י תְמִֽימֵי־דָ֑רֶךְ הַֽ֝הֹלְכִ֗ים בְּתֹורַ֥ת יְהוָֽה׃
אַ֭שְׁרֵי נֹצְרֵ֥י עֵדֹתָ֗יו בְּכָל־לֵ֥ב יִדְרְשֽׁוּהוּ׃
אַ֭ף לֹֽא־פָעֲל֣וּ עַוְלָ֑ה בִּדְרָכָ֥יו הָלָֽכוּ׃
אַ֭תָּה צִוִּ֥יתָה פִקֻּדֶ֗יךָ לִשְׁמֹ֥ר מְאֹֽד׃
אַ֭חֲלַי יִכֹּ֥נוּ דְרָכָ֗י לִשְׁמֹ֥ר חֻקֶּֽיךָ׃
אָ֥ז לֹא־אֵבֹ֑ושׁ בְּ֝הַבִּיטִ֗י אֶל־כָּל־מִצְוֹתֶֽיךָ׃
אֹ֭ודְךָ בְּיֹ֣שֶׁר לֵבָ֑ב בְּ֝לָמְדִ֗י מִשְׁפְּטֵ֥י צִדְקֶֽךָ׃
אֶת־חֻקֶּ֥יךָ אֶשְׁמֹ֑ר אַֽל־תַּעַזְבֵ֥נִי עַד־מְאֹֽד׃

It's one of my wife's favorite locations. Her family is from Spain and have a lot great things to say about Avila unique from other Spanish cities. (y)

It's one of my wife's favorite locations. Her family is from Spain and have a lot great things to say about Avila unique from other Spanish cities. (y)
One of my favorite cities... I found this on Google:

avila-spain-_05.jpg

Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10

1 John 5:14-15..."And we are confident that He hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases Him. And since we know He hears us when we make our requests, we also know that He will give us what we ask for."

Greetings Brother,
Hey is there a limit to how many we can post. I mean with in reason. I took it as we each posted one but it looks like I was alone on that thought. lol
Blessings Brother
Jim
You can post as many as you wish Jim, the more the better.

This Ones For Us Brother........
Matthew 4:19 KJV.......AND He said unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men
Have thee most Wonderful and Blessed week end !!
Jim

smileys-fish-430558.gif

fishen4christians.JPG

Reactions: /
Hey! Jesus used a net, not a hook. Hooks are barbaric. I am really disturbed by that image.
I don't think it's to be taken seriously.
A lot of people associate fishing with a hook; that's the basis of the image I think.

Back