The Inspiration Game #1 (A)

oh..just find it disturbing that's all.
I associate fishing with nets.
Guess I'm different. Jesus used nets.
I used to fish with hooks but..don't really like it. It's cruel, baiting, etc.
And if the fish are too small and need to throw back, you've ruined their mouths. Besides if you are fishing for men, they would not already be christians, so...really think that image is a bit suss. I can't just laugh it off.

Ask, and It Will Be Given
Matthew 7:7-8
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be open to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.
ESV

oh..just find it disturbing that's all.
I associate fishing with nets.
Guess I'm different. Jesus used nets.
I used to fish with hooks but..don't really like it. It's cruel, baiting, etc.
And if the fish are too small and need to throw back, you've ruined their mouths. Besides if you are fishing for men, they would not already be christians, so...really think that image is a bit suss. I can't just laugh it off.

Look at it in this fashion.....The hook is just a symbol saying they are hooked on Jesus.
I am sorry that this bothered you. As a person who has spent most of their life fishing and sharring, well sister I never gave it any thought that it might bother some one.
Have a wonderful day
Jim

Sorry I stand corrected. When Jesus got asked to pay the tribute money he told simon to go fishing. He fished up a fish that had money inside. simon used a hook.

But even so..Jesus used nets. I think one time he put the net on one side of the boat and they got 153 fish. They must have counted them all but dont really know why 153?! Thats a lot of fish in one net. I wonder how big they were?

The smallest ones, whitebait, are the tastiest.

Imagine trying to catch those whitebait using hooks. you'd need really tiny hooks and spend hours trying to get enough just to make one fritter. Lol.

Luke 22:20
After supper he took another cup of wine and said, “This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood, which is poured out as a sacrifice for you.

"At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you.” Isaiah 49:8

Cool it's still A

Romans 12:2 .. KJV...

And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Some excellent verses here people. I have added (B).
I will keep (A) open for a few more days then I will move it out of the General Discussion area.

Back