the last prophet

Status
Not open for further replies.
the last prophet

where does the bible speak of a prophet to come after Jesus? Has he come or is he still to come? Is he supposed to be a good or bad prophet?

But does the bible speak of a good last prophet? Bec people believe that Muhammad was the good last prophet sent from God to finish Gods work through prophets( if u know what I mean)...
Maybe he is still to come much closer to the end of days?
who knows...

seeing how the koran views Jesus as a prophet and not salvation,the son of God,there is a big case aggainst them.

um....

The next Prophet.
Malachi is talking about Jesus. He already showed up.

Muhammad was never a prophet. He was a false teacher that was probably real confused. Remember that in the word of God Prophesy must be true as a test of a real Prophet.

The bible never talks about "Another prophet" showing up. Need scripture please so we can see what your looking at.

Revelation does not mention any prophet coming. There will be two witnesses though as mentioned in chapter 11. They will speak prophesy though but never given the title prophet. It's two different things.

There is no need to wait for a prophet to show up as there are prophets already in the world today.

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Some get confused and say only half this scripture is correct. We only have teachers, pastors and evangelists. Not hardly.

Prophets were acknowledged in the new testament also.

Paul gives instruction to anyone who thinks they are called in to the prophet ministry.

1Co 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

Titus tells us of a prophet that Prophesied against his own people correctly.

Tit 1:12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are always liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.
Tit 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

Don't get confused. The new testament prophet job is not foretelling the future. Prophesy just means to edify someone, not tell the future.
Just to break it down.

Apostle: Greek (never translated) means "Sent one" that's all. It's someone sent to start the work of God. Many that claim there are no Apostle's today have sent many of them as missionary's to start works of God. They just call the office a different title, but still the same. Apostle.

Prophet: Office included revelation of Gods word. Works in Holy Ghost gifts usually in prophesy, Word of knowledge, Word of wisdom. He edifies and builds the church up. Gets revelation from God on his world. 1 Cor 12 for a list of the gifts if your interested.

Pastor: Set to run a body. Normally a church that has a flock (sheep) to take care of. Teaches, and runs the administrative side of a church.

Evangelist: Normally travels preaching the good news. Getting people to Jesus is this office top job. mostly travel.

Teacher: This office teaches the word. This office is often shared with the Pastor, Prophet and Apostle but can be by itself.

All the office require a calling of God as we just read that the Lord is the one that puts people in these offices.

All Offices can operate in any of the Gifts of the Spirit, but so can any other normal christian. The gifts are normally more evident in those offices.

I Hope that helps answer some questions.

God Bless everyone.
Jesus Is Lord.

i dont think im a prohpet i just believe the bible and what it says no prophecy of scriptue is of any private interpratation there are many things that are still sealed and we wont know until God opens them God Bless you all

we know that there will be two true prophets th 2 olive trees that are also mentioned in zecharia 4 or somewhere so it is a good study to look into but i dont believe that this passage is rereffering to thos 2 prophets but to a prohpet who will have mantle and annoin ting of Elijah the prophet that what the scripture says i hiope this heps you my brother God bless love you all Jesus truly is Lord

Last Proghet

Mark 13: 22-23

For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

Jesus himself proclaimed He has told us all things and no other prophet was needed or would come .

All others after him are false !

Interesing point tracer bit does that mean all prophets after are false?? Many people today claim to be prophets...even some millionaires claim to be prophets...

Jesus Christ is the Son of God and there is no way that that scripture has any reference to do with Him it was talking about John the baptist but who is the last elijah that malachai is refering to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back