The Letters

Some of us, who call ourselves Christians today, may identify with one of these seven churches in Revelation more than another. Some of us may be ones who do a lot of the right things but we have forsaken our Lord because we are operating from the flesh and not from the Spirit of God. We may have a lot of things right, but we have not truly submitted our lives to our Lord Jesus Christ to walk in his Spirit and to deny our flesh. Others of us may be part of a church group where we know the leaders are teaching a false gospel, which gives people a license to participate in immorality, and yet we say nothing and do nothing, so by our silence we stand in agreement with the false hope they are giving to people and in agreement with them leading people into sin and to deny their Lord.

Some of us may give the appearance of righteousness, but really inside we are spiritually about to die or we are already dead, so what we present on the outside is just a façade. And, then some of us may be among those who are truly following Jesus Christ with our lives, and who are giving out the gospel of Jesus Christ so that others may know Christ in his fullness. We are among those who are being persecuted, accused falsely, gossiped about, rejected, mocked, criticized and perhaps even killed for our faith in Christ. These letters were written to encourage, to give hope, to exhort and to warn us, as well as to call many to repentance and to renewed faith and testimony for Jesus Christ, our Lord.

The Letters / An Original Work / December 17, 2013
Based off Revelation 2-3

To the angels of all the churches write:
These are the words of your Lord and your God.
I know all your deeds, and your witness, too,
And who holds to My words and tells what’s true.
I know all your hard work and your perseverance,
Yet I hold against you: you’ve forsaken Me.
Listen to what I say to you.

You have people there who deny My name,
And who put the cross of Christ up to shame.
They entice the people to Me, profane,
And their worship of Me is all in vain.
They are so adult’rous as they chase their idols,
And you put up with them easily enough.

You give off an image of godliness,
But what you present is so fraudulent,
Or else you lack passion for Jesus Christ,
So you look to others to tell what’s right.
I say turn from your sin, or you will face judgment.
He who overcomes will have eternal life.

I know your afflictions and poverty;
How you suffer for your Lord patiently.
Do not fear the devil and company.
You be faithful to your Lord endlessly.
I know all your weakness and your dedication.
You have kept My Word and not denied your Lord.
I will write on you My new name.

Back