The Lord Will Reveal His Will

The Lord Will Reveal His Will

Ephesians 5:15-17

15 Pay careful attention, then, to how you walk—not as unwise people but as wise— 16 making the most of the time, because the days are evil. 17 So don't be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.

It’s sad when believers claim the Lord’s will is a mystery. In reality, the opposite is true. God is committed to making clear His plan for your life.

The primary source for God’s revelation is His Word. Divine principles for a successful life are found in the Bible. So the more we make a habit of reading of it, the better equipped we are to honor God in our daily decisions.

Reading Scripture is part of sharing a good relationship with our heavenly Father. Too often, we want to flip open the book, find the answer for a problem we’re facing, and move on. We pray with the same kind of self-centered urgency. Then, when God is silent, we wonder why.

Living in the Lord’s will is about more than getting directions for a major decision. We always need to be asking, “God, what are You teaching me today, and what would You have me do with that knowledge?†The answer to those questions comes through meditation, an essential practice for the believer. We need to dwell on scripture and ask the Holy Spirit how it can be applied in our life.

By routinely living and making decisions according to God’s principles, we walk in His will. Sometimes, we treat God like the clerk at an information desk. We want fast, easy answers to our big questions. And then, we’d like to be on our way. But that’s not how the Lord works. If we want to be able to determine His will, we must be in the habit of seeking it.

Amen ....Pastor Rick
Be still and know that I am God. I know from my own life that when we want to take control of a situation it does not work and God gives us the will to make choices. To tell you the truth, I have made bad choices because I did not submit fully to His plan and purpose for my life. Mainly like you said because we are not willing to wait upon the Lord for answers and when they do not come in our time .... then disaster is around the corner.because we think we know better than God. Wrong !!!! His ways are not our ways , His plans are not our plans and He does not have a plan to harm but to prosper.

I am now trying with His help to go forward.... not looking back, with Him at the helm..... the captain of my ship and being patient to be led by Him and not my own plan.

P.S. I guess ship is on my mind cause a week from today, I will be sailing to Alaska..... Woo.. Hooo.

first is to clean the inside of the cup.that means to puify ourselves,before teaching others.some talk the talk but don,t walk the walk.:jesus-sign:wolves in sheeps clothing beware of these people.

18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
(1Th.5:18)

3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour
(1Th.4:3,4)

1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
(Ro.12:1,2)

If you have a heart to hear you are going to find His will for your life- :D

15 Pay careful attention, then, to how you walk—not as unwise people but as wise— 16 making the most of the time, because the days are evil. 17 So don't be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.

Thanks for the scripture :)

Back