The Manifestation Of Christ

The Manifestation Of Christ

...For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil (1John 3:8)

God anointed Jesus of Nazareth to heal all that were oppressed of the devil. The Bible tells us this in Acts 10:38, "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil, for God was with him."
The Bible ways many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all (Psalm 34:19). If the Lord delivers the righteous from his afflictions, then of course, it follows that it was not the Lord who afflicted him; it had to be the devil. Why would God deliver you from something He has set up for you? He delivers you from all afflictions because He wasn't the One Who put them there; it was the devil!
The Bible says "...For this purpose the Son of God was manifested that he might destroy the works of the devil" (1John 3:8). Has He been manifested in you? If He is manifested in your life, He will destroy the works of the devil. Let Him be manifested in your life, in your home, your body, your job or your business, and He'll destroy all the works of the devil. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. What He did for them back in the Bible days, He can and will do for you today because He loves you.

Confession
I have received Christ into my life, and the anointing in me destroys all the works of darkness. Every yoke the devil planned to put on me has been destroyed and every burden has been removed because of the anointing.

May I suggest a slightly different perspective…with the greatest of respect?

The context of 1John 3:8 is that of our own sin, not the devil himself.

“8</SPAN>He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.â€

Christ came in order that WE may be transformed into servants of God, not that one fallen spirit with horns and a pitch fork could be dealt with in a Hollywood shoot out. The works of the devil are the actions of human beings living in opposition to God’s perfect nature. Christ came in order to demonstrate to us, as one of us, how we might emulate Him in our own lives.

If our focus is on chasing the adversary, we are looking away from the creator and will ultimately stumble. Even the archangel Michael was careful in his approach to Satan and merely invoked the authority of God while focusing on doing God’s will.

The best way to fight the works of the devil is to pursue individual holiness…chase God, not devils. God does indeed allow affliction in the life of the righteous precisely so that we will not recline in complacency, but will get up and actively seek Him. Satan is not (and never was) a valid contender for rule of the universe; God remains in complete control, therefore even Satan himself is God’s unwitting servant. Nothing and no one, even the devil, can exist at all unless God allows (even directly sustains) said existence. Everything comes from God, and God only gives what is good. This is a paradox for those of us who cannot see past our individual trials and suffering in order to comprehend God’s ultimate purpose…He chastises those He loves, and medicine does not always taste sweet.

Back