The Meaning Of Luke 13:6-9 ??

Hi to all , and many do not believe that Israel as a Nation has been set aside with all its 613 Laws and ordinances !

In Luke 13 :

VERVE 6 , A certain man ( the Father ) had a Fig Tree planted in His vineyard , and sought Fruit and fond none .

VERVE 7 , The Father sought the Dresser of His vineyard ( which is Jesus ) Behold these 3 years ( Jesus earthly Ministry ) I come seeking Fruit on this Fig Tree ( the tree is Israel ) and find none !!

The Father says CUT IT DOWN why let it take up space !!

VERVE 8 , And He ( JESUS answering ) Jehovah , let it alone this year also , till I dig around and Fertilize !

VERSE 9 , And if it bear Fruit well , and if not , then after that thou shalt cut it down !

We see that Jesus earthty ministry did not last the 4 years .

#1 , This means , since they killed there Messiah , the Program for Isreal was set side !!

#2 , Acts 28:28 Acts 13:46 and Acts 18:6 backup Luke 13:6-9 !

#3 , Matt 3:10 is a proof text !!

I believe , that then begins the Age of Grace with the Apostle Paul , what say you ??

I always like reading peoples thoughts on what certain verses mean to them and what not. :)

To me, I always understood it as a person that didn't accept Christ as their Lord and savior, and the time asked for to help fertilize and hopefully bear fruit to me I thought meant till the death of a person or second coming of christ...

I really enjoyed reading what you had to say about it though and has made me view some of those verses in a way I didn't before. Great post!

I always like reading peoples thoughts on what certain verses mean to them and what not. :)

To me, I always understood it as a person that didn't accept Christ as their Lord and savior, and the time asked for to help fertilize and hopefully bear fruit to me I thought meant till the death of a person or second coming of christ...

I really enjoyed reading what you had to say about it though and has made me view some of those verses in a way I didn't before. Great post!

Then I shall oblige you my friend.

The fig tree without fruit is symbolic IMO of the nation of Israel. The owner of the fig tree expected it to bear fruit but it turned out to be barren, which of course was a disapointed. He had the right to take the fruit AND he also had the right to act in judgment by cutting it down.

Israel had been promised blessings if they had walked in the light that God had given them but they would be cursed if they rejected that light. The nation of Israel was given special attention---it was cultivated and fertilized. It should have produced fruit but it did not do do.

Israel rejected Christ even saying..........in Matt. 27:25:
"His blood be on us and our children".

Israel did experience God's judgment and was "CUT" down in 70 AD and then scattered among the nations of the world. It is interesting to see that even today, Israel cannot live in her land and have peace while still continueing to reject Christ. Listen folks...........it is not the Muslims, Arabs, or Russians that are giving Israel so much trouble..........
IT IS GOD!!!

Israel is God's chosen people. God is going to bring them back to Himself someday in faith and belief. That my friends is the evidence of God in the affairs of the world today.

Hi to all , and many do not believe that Israel as a Nation has been set aside with all its 613 Laws and ordinances !

In Luke 13 :

VERVE 6 , A certain man ( the Father ) had a Fig Tree planted in His vineyard , and sought Fruit and fond none .

VERVE 7 , The Father sought the Dresser of His vineyard ( which is Jesus ) Behold these 3 years ( Jesus earthly Ministry ) I come seeking Fruit on this Fig Tree ( the tree is Israel ) and find none !!

The Father says CUT IT DOWN why let it take up space !!

VERVE 8 , And He ( JESUS answering ) Jehovah , let it alone this year also , till I dig around and Fertilize !

VERSE 9 , And if it bear Fruit well , and if not , then after that thou shalt cut it down !

We see that Jesus earthty ministry did not last the 4 years .

#1 , This means , since they killed there Messiah , the Program for Isreal was set side !!

#2 , Acts 28:28 Acts 13:46 and Acts 18:6 backup Luke 13:6-9 !

#3 , Matt 3:10 is a proof text !!

I believe , that then begins the Age of Grace with the Apostle Paul , what say you ??

I'm not finding any verses that God has "set aside" the Jews, nor the "Program for Israel." Despite our shortcomings, The Omniscient One always has a plan to share His Great Love with all of human-kind!

The Apostle Paul tells us in Romans 11:25 that God had a purpose for Israel's blindness.

"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in."​

One of which was to allow the Vinedresser to graft in all the Gentiles that would have Him. First for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Romans 1:16​
"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile."​

2 Peter 3:9​
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some count slackness; but is longsuffering to you-ward, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."​

Psalm 77:8​
"Has his unfailing love vanished forever? Has his promise failed for all time?"​

I say, NO!! Israel is the TRUE prodigal. Israel is His chosen people and when the time is right, He will gather her into His unfailing arms!

Then I shall oblige you my friend.

The fig tree without fruit is symbolic IMO of the nation of Israel. The owner of the fig tree expected it to bear fruit but it turned out to be barren, which of course was a disapointed. He had the right to take the fruit AND he also had the right to act in judgment by cutting it down.

Israel had been promised blessings if they had walked in the light that God had given them but they would be cursed if they rejected that light. The nation of Israel was given special attention---it was cultivated and fertilized. It should have produced fruit but it did not do do.

Israel rejected Christ even saying..........in Matt. 27:25:
"His blood be on us and our children".

Israel did experience God's judgment and was "CUT" down in 70 AD and then scattered among the nations of the world. It is interesting to see that even today, Israel cannot live in her land and have peace while still continueing to reject Christ. Listen folks...........it is not the Muslims, Arabs, or Russians that are giving Israel so much trouble..........
IT IS GOD!!!

Israel is God's chosen people. God is going to bring them back to Himself someday in faith and belief. That my friends is the evidence of God in the affairs of the world today.

I was aware of God's judgement being done in 70AD thank. Once again my first post stands that it's always a pleasure reading others views. It was a blessing reading yours.

I was aware of God's judgement being done in 70AD thank. Once again my first post stands that it's always a pleasure reading others views. It was a blessing reading yours.

God bless you my friend and it is always a joy to talk over the Scriptures in love and understnanding!

My point was that God is not finished with the nation of Israel. The church is the church and Israel is Israel and God will deal with them very soon.

Back