The Message vs. The Bible

B

Boanerges(Inactive)

While the Message can be interesting read it is no study bible by any stretch of the imagination.

Trishcuit

Inactive
Nov 6, 2008
vernon british columbia
Yes it seems that in the Message they lost more in translation than just the beauty and majesty of the words. In trying to create an 'Everyman's ' sort of bible they have spread themselves a bit thin.

Sep 20, 2008
Illinois
It is not good to tinker with God's Word when you are creating a new translation. I would expect nothing less than a team of reformed God fearing scholars to be working together on a translation, not just an editor. New age is mixing and blending and is the emerging church. From the Message to Schack heresies, the erosion is rapidly multiplying from the Best-seller shelves. The best way to expose it is to compare it side-by-side with a literal translation, as they did. Scary, they made that comparison due to concern in 1993, since then the book has gained unbelievable popularity. We need God's Word, not best-sellers. God bless, hope you are all savoring the season.

Aug 27, 2007
Georgia
It is not good to tinker with God's Word when you are creating a new translation. I would expect nothing less than a team of reformed God fearing scholars to be working together on a translation, not just an editor. New age is mixing and blending and is the emerging church. From the Message to Schack heresies, the erosion is rapidly multiplying from the Best-seller shelves. The best way to expose it is to compare it side-by-side with a literal translation, as they did. Scary, they made that comparison due to concern in 1993, since then the book has gained unbelievable popularity. We need God's Word, not best-sellers. God bless, hope you are all savoring the season.

Amen! Yes my friend, I am enjoying this time of the year but I must say it is something I do all year long. Celebrate daily the birth, death, burial and resurrection of our Lord. My wife and I went out shopping today and over did by spending a whopping $21 dollars and most of it was for flowers for my mother in laws grave. We do that at Christmas, Mothers day and late summer.