'... the mystery of God should be finished ...' (Rev.10:7)

Marilyn,
What Paul received was meant to teach us or equip us to walk out our lives as God has intended for us to do. He taught us salvation and the blessing and so forth.

Now then with that said - we as modern day born again spirit filled believers, there is nothing that says that Paul other 5 fold ministries over the centuries or any one have received revelation & prophetic words, teachings etc that are beyond what we receive.

What we receive from God is up to us. Why is it that some get more insight then others or some seem to have a much deeper and closer walk with God in Christ then others ? Simply Put - they put more into their walk and time with the Father.

Acts 10:34...Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
and again in Romans 2:11...For there is no respect of persons with God.

This tells us that anyone can gain spiritual insight from God - it tells us that our names or background or influence in this life does not matter - but what does matter is how serious you take you relationship with the Father.

To limit what God can and will and does with Believers today is in error.
God the Father will move mountains to do so if you will simply make a quality choice to Go after His heart.

The only other thing that would make this belief of yours true would be those who simply Refuse to accept the truth that has been given to many of men from God in these days.
Have a wonderful week end Marilyn and you do well to remember that You Marilyn are Blessed and HIghly Favored of the Lord.
God Bless
James W

Thank You James for taking the time to post this understanding. I fully agree with you and pray that @Marilyn C receives the very fact that she is blessed and highly favored of our Lord Yehovah

Something i wanted to add to what you said is luke 8:17 ~ For nothing is hidden which shall not become open nor concealed which shall not be known and should come into the open. And God reminded me that the Word of God and the Kingdom of God and the Mysteries are not hidden from us but they are hidden for us. This verse goes along with Luke 8:10 and Deuteronomy 29:29John 16:13-15 and 1 Corinthians 2:9-14, 16 The mysteries of the Kingdom of God are revealed in His Word and are by revelation knowledge discerned. One has to have a reborn spirit, in order to receive the mysteries. And one can only receive them by asking God to reveal them in HisWord, and then that person has to have an open heart to be able to recieve the Word as He gives it.

To the one whom asks it shall be given to them, to the one who seeks they will find, and to the one who knocks the door will be opened. Luke 11:10.

Luke 11:13says if then you being wicked ones know to give good gifts to your children, how much more the Father from Heaven shall give Holy Spirit to the ones asking. .... And the Holy Spirit according to what was written in John 16:13-15is the one who leads and guides us into all truth. And takes what He hears from Jesus and gives it to us. And thus is the one who reveals the mysteries of the Written Word of God to those who ask of God who gives unto all men without berating them or upbraiding them...which means to shame them (James 1:5)

God bless you with an abundance of grace and peace

Thank You James for taking the time to post this understanding. I fully agree with you and pray that @Marilyn C receives the very fact that she is blessed and highly favored of our Lord Yehovah

Something i wanted to add to what you said is luke 8:17 ~ For nothing is hidden which shall not become open nor concealed which shall not be known and should come into the open. And God reminded me that the Word of God and the Kingdom of God and the Mysteries are not hidden from us but they are hidden for us. This verse goes along with Luke 8:10 and Deuteronomy 29:29John 16:13-15 and 1 Corinthians 2:9-14, 16 The mysteries of the Kingdom of God are revealed in His Word and are by revelation knowledge discerned. One has to have a reborn spirit, in order to receive the mysteries. And one can only receive them by asking God to reveal them in HisWord, and then that person has to have an open heart to be able to recieve the Word as He gives it.

To the one whom asks it shall be given to them, to the one who seeks they will find, and to the one who knocks the door will be opened. Luke 11:10.

Luke 11:13says if then you being wicked ones know to give good gifts to your children, how much more the Father from Heaven shall give Holy Spirit to the ones asking. .... And the Holy Spirit according to what was written in John 16:13-15is the one who leads and guides us into all truth. And takes what He hears from Jesus and gives it to us. And thus is the one who reveals the mysteries of the Written Word of God to those who ask of God who gives unto all men without berating them or upbraiding them...which means to shame them (James 1:5)

God bless you with an abundance of grace and peace
Yea what she said !!! lol3.gif
Thank You Cturtle for bringing this to light. You are right on time with Gods thoughts as usual!! It amazes me at how hard some folks work to keep His wisdom and ways ( His) word hidden from themselves.
Have a great week end my Blessed and Highly Favored of the Lord and me too sister and friend and and and and and and and even and...
God Bless
James W

Hi James,

I do agree with you that we all can receive from the Lord & come to know all the truths that God has revealed by His Holy Spirit. What I am also saying is that the Prophets were given revelation, as the OP said - `the mystery of God would be finished, as he declared to His servants the prophets, ` (Rev. 10: 7) & down through the centuries certain people were given revelation to bring the Body to the unity of faith. You would know that last century many truths we have today were not generally accepted but now are, across the Body. God gave those revelations to His 5 fold ministry gifts, & they gave it to the Body. That is why so much truth has come across the Body in the past few years.

Have a good week-end also, bro. Marilyn.

Hi James,

I do agree with you that we all can receive from the Lord & come to know all the truths that God has revealed by His Holy Spirit. What I am also saying is that the Prophets were given revelation, as the OP said - `the mystery of God would be finished, as he declared to His servants the prophets, ` (Rev. 10: 7) & down through the centuries certain people were given revelation to bring the Body to the unity of faith. You would know that last century many truths we have today were not generally accepted but now are, across the Body. God gave those revelations to His 5 fold ministry gifts, & they gave it to the Body. That is why so much truth has come across the Body in the past few years.

Have a good week-end also, bro. Marilyn.

Do you believe that no prophets exist today? Or that only prophets are able to bring revelation knowledge to people?

Hi Cturtle,

Nice to chat with you. Thank you for asking those questions & being interested. I do believe that there are prophets today. I was brought up in a denomination that had Apostles & Prophets, thus seeing first hand how they operate & their character. The prophecies from back then were of a deep nature revealing the character of the Lord, comfort & edifying words. We also need to remember that there are many false prophets. That might be a good thread - Apostles & prophets etc.

As to them being the only ones to bring revelation knowledge, I would say, in their sphere of responsibility. Then we know that one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is wisdom & knowledge. Thus is a general way we are able bring forth, by the Spirit, revelation knowledge.

Marilyn.

Hi Cturtle,

Good point about the hidden things. Yes helps to keep our motives right before the Lord.

Blessings, sis, Marilyn.
Just one more question sister, and then I will drop it. Did the Apostle John have a new supernatural body when he saw the wonders of Heaven which he wrote about in the book of Revelations? What eyes did he use to see these things?

Hi CCW,

Yes, I think we are moving to a new topic. Good point there, bro.

`I (John) turned to see the voice that spoke with me.` (Rev. 1: 12)

I wouldn`t say John had his supernatural body then, but saw by the Holy Spirit, `I was in the Spirit...` (v. 10) what the Holy Spirit wanted him to see. This is not the same as us `seeing` in the Spirit all the time.

Marilyn.

Hi Cturtle,

Nice to chat with you. Thank you for asking those questions & being interested. I do believe that there are prophets today. I was brought up in a denomination that had Apostles & Prophets, thus seeing first hand how they operate & their character. The prophecies from back then were of a deep nature revealing the character of the Lord, comfort & edifying words. We also need to remember that there are many false prophets. That might be a good thread - Apostles & prophets etc.

As to them being the only ones to bring revelation knowledge, I would say, in their sphere of responsibility. Then we know that one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is wisdom & knowledge. Thus is a general way we are able bring forth, by the Spirit, revelation knowledge.

Marilyn.
Hi Marilyn,
You said prophecies from back then were of a deep nature revealing the character of the Lord, comfort & edifying words.

So what are today's then ? It is the same God that gives the prophet something to say.
james

Hi james,

Yes it is the same God, however it does take much working of the Lord to shape & prepare the vessel, the person. I was blessed to be in a fellowship where there were many prophets, (from England, Scotland & Wales). However that time has passed & the ministry of the prophet is across the Body now. I personally haven`t heard such depth since, but then I`m not everywhere. :) What we mainly hear are the false prophets & their writings & projections - eg the Kansas City prophets, the New Apostolic Reformation.

I do have many, many old prophecies from those days & if you read any you would see the difference. They uplifted the Lord, the Holy Spirit speaking through them of the Lord`s Lordship, His sovereignty, His lovingkindness, His dealings with us.....These prophets would prophecy for half an hour or more, & the ladies would take it down in shorthand, to be typed up later. That is why I have many of these prophecies. If you would like an example I could PM one to you.

Marilyn.

'The mystery concerning Christ's rejection is solved at the sounding of the seventh trumpet. The mystery of Israel's blindness () will be finished when the trumpet sounds, for when 'He shall send Jesus Christ' (, ), the times of restoration shall begin, and all Israel shall be saved.

This is a good study. The 7th trumpet will finalize the end of the 70th week, and then the 30 additional days will be the pouring out of the 7 bowls Dan 12:11. I do believe Jesus will descend on the Mount of Olives right after the 7th trumpet. - ATP

Hi james,

Yes it is the same God, however it does take much working of the Lord to shape & prepare the vessel, the person. I was blessed to be in a fellowship where there were many prophets, (from England, Scotland & Wales). However that time has passed & the ministry of the prophet is across the Body now. I personally haven`t heard such depth since, but then I`m not everywhere. :) What we mainly hear are the false prophets & their writings & projections - eg the Kansas City prophets, the New Apostolic Reformation.

I do have many, many old prophecies from those days & if you read any you would see the difference. They uplifted the Lord, the Holy Spirit speaking through them of the Lord`s Lordship, His sovereignty, His lovingkindness, His dealings with us.....These prophets would prophecy for half an hour or more, & the ladies would take it down in shorthand, to be typed up later. That is why I have many of these prophecies. If you would like an example I could PM one to you.

Marilyn.
Marilyn,
That is awesome but the reason why you hear so much about false prophets these days is do to the fact that so many of the body of Christ is obsessed with this we must point out the false prophets. They have taken tid bits of scripture and ran with them falsely all along being lead around a thought at a time by our enemy the great deceiver the devil.

I am not saying there is not any false prophets but what i am saying is simply this. Too much of the church is stuck in some type of religious tradition passed down generation after generation and believe so much of the most Holy written word of God is not for us. In doing so they actually limit God and His ways and hinder the growth of many.

Just like the man healed of leprosy - he was told to tell no one and go show the priest.
However thinking he was working for God , by telling all about what Jesus had done - his Disobedience actually interfered with what Jesus had set out to do and the priest did Not get ministered to.

It is the same today with many. God brings New Revelation or Understanding to certain area's of His word and sense it does not fit into this religious box many have it must be false and then here comes the mouths - running to and fro spouting false claims from with in Their Lack Of Understanding. This has been the big hindrance to the growth of many churches and many of the brethren.

You say prophets today are not the same - I Believe people today simply do not know what to do with something God says through a prophet. The big issue has been and always will be - accepting and believing what God has said or given through a man of God .
God Bless
James W

Hi James,

I don`t think I said they are not the same, though it could appear that way. I meant it takes awhile to develop the person & just because I haven`t heard them of late doesn`t mean there aren`t prophets in the Body of Christ. There must be, as the Lord will, I believe, do a quick work as the Apostles & prophets are recognised & do their God given ministry together.

So true about people not receiving the revelation/clarification of God`s word. Do you remember the Charismatic movement? Previously people were put out of their denominations or positions of authority if they believed in the infilling of the Holy Spirit. Then the Holy Spirit swept through man`s structures & today in all areas of the Body the Holy Spirit`s infilling is generally received. So to for the Apostles & prophets. Exciting times as the Holy Spirit is bringing us to the fullness of truth together.

Great talking with you Jim, Marilyn

Hi James,

I don`t think I said they are not the same, though it could appear that way. I meant it takes awhile to develop the person & just because I haven`t heard them of late doesn`t mean there aren`t prophets in the Body of Christ. There must be, as the Lord will, I believe, do a quick work as the Apostles & prophets are recognised & do their God given ministry together.

So true about people not receiving the revelation/clarification of God`s word. Do you remember the Charismatic movement? Previously people were put out of their denominations or positions of authority if they believed in the infilling of the Holy Spirit. Then the Holy Spirit swept through man`s structures & today in all areas of the Body the Holy Spirit`s infilling is generally received. So to for the Apostles & prophets. Exciting times as the Holy Spirit is bringing us to the fullness of truth together.

Great talking with you Jim, Marilyn
Amen great talking with you as well Marilyn.
God Bless
James W

The prophets in the New Testament are not the same as they were in the Old Testament. The Old Testament prophets lead and guided the people of God, but not so in the New Testament as we are ALL lead and guided by the Holy Spirit. A new Testament prophet is primarily either a teacher or a preacher of the Word of God or both.
They are not to guide people, but sometimes they are used by the Spirit of God with a Word of "Wisdom", or "knowledge" in confirming what the Lord God has already spoken to a person(s). We are never ever to be guided in our life by anybody claiming to be a prophet if you hear something from them that is new to you. The Lord will always tell you first, and then maybe he might confirm it through a prophet.

Last edited:
Hello there,

I have not been able to use the computer for a while, and coming back have read the new entries with interest. Thank you all for your contributions.

We have such a wonderful God, don't we? Who in His wisdom has translated us into the kingdom of 'the Son of His love'.

'Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness,
and hath translated us into the kingdom of His Dear Son: ... '

(Col 1:13)

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hi Complete,

Glad you are now able to work on your computer. And yes, how wonderful to be in the kingdom of His dear Son, - at such a price, His precious life.

Blessings, Marilyn.

The granddaddy of all "mysteries" is the one God himself has reserved only for him self to reveal to his Saints, which is Christ in us our hope of Glory!!!

Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Back