The Nature of Biblical Faith

Archippus

Inactive
The Nature of Biblical Faith

What sort of faith does the Bible encourage? Is it blind or informed? If the former, how does one know it is properly placed? If the latter, is it really true faith, or logic?

Verses are encouraged to back up opinions.

What sort of faith does the Bible encourage? Is it blind or informed? If the former, how does one know it is properly placed? If the latter, is it really true faith, or logic?

Well there are plenty of examples how the faith thing works. below I have give you some verses for you to think about... but in order for you to understand what God has for you; you first must know his will, and to know his will you need to hear the word, and by hearing the word you gain in faith.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God

Below is a example you can use in your everyday life.

Mat 6:30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Mat 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Mat 6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Mat 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

MODERATOR'S OPINION

A good way to start a discussion is to present your own views first.

MODERATOR'S OPINION

A good way to start a discussion is to present your own views first.

All right then: I think informed faith is best, out of necessity. But I do not have particular verses that explain this, and I do not know if the Bible is really clear on the distinction.

A faith and a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

“[The Narrow and Wide Gates] "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”- Matthew 7:13-14

Rom 10:17
(ASV) So belief cometh of hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.
(ISV) Consequently, faith comes from listening, and listening comes through the word of Christ.
(KJV) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
(LITV) Then faith is of hearing, and hearing through the Word of God.
(MKJV) Then faith is of hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

So faith comes from reading, meditating on and soaking oneself in the Word of God.

But even then faith is a gift. Not something we can earn through our own efforts.

Faith comes from God, is a gift to us and grows as we get to know Him better. Note I did not say get to know about Him but rather get to know Him.

Eph 2:8
(ASV) for by grace have ye been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
(ISV) For by such grace you have been saved through faith. This does not come from you; it is the gift of God
(KJV) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
(LITV) For by grace you are saved, through faith, and this not of yourselves; it is the gift of God;
(MKJV) For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God,

2 Corinthians 5:7
We live by faith, not by sight.

2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?

Galatians 2:16
know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

Rom 10:17
(ASV) So belief cometh of hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.
(ISV) Consequently, faith comes from listening, and listening comes through the word of Christ.
(KJV) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
(LITV) Then faith is of hearing, and hearing through the Word of God.
(MKJV) Then faith is of hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

So faith comes from reading, meditating on and soaking oneself in the Word of God.

But even then faith is a gift. Not something we can earn through our own efforts.

Faith comes from God, is a gift to us and grows as we get to know Him better. Note I did not say get to know about Him but rather get to know Him.

Eph 2:8
(ASV) for by grace have ye been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
(ISV) For by such grace you have been saved through faith. This does not come from you; it is the gift of God
(KJV) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
(LITV) For by grace you are saved, through faith, and this not of yourselves; it is the gift of God;
(MKJV) For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God,

That"s right Ray. A relationship with our Lord and Saviour. We grow and know Him Better and better and the days get sweeter and sweeter. Now I remember a song we used to sing ...." Sweeter as the days go by ". I am dating myself but that's OK. I am getting closer to seeing Jesus soon and very soon.

WEll, I am new here, but I guess I need to get my feet wet.

AS far as faith is concerned, how can you believe in something that you have not heard, or in someone that you donot know.

Learn about your Heavenly Father through the letter that He sent to you, (the holy scriptures),and lasting and true faith will be rewarded unto you.

11 Tim. 2, 15-16

As it has been stated: faith cometh from hearing, and hearing the "Word" of God.

justthefacts

Back