The New Birth

The New Birth

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments and do them." Ezekiel 36:26,27.

We are born sinners and in need of redemption. God robed Himself with flesh in the Lord Jesus Christ, who came to bare away our sin.

He gives us a new heart, a new spirit, and puts His Spirit within us, enabling us by His Holy Spirit of Grace (Heb 10:29) to walk with Him in holiness. He "causes us" to walk in His Word - His law.

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but, Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:20.

The old man of sin was crucified with Christ, so that we may walk in newness of life. When His Spirit lives within us, we are empowered by His Spirit to obey His Word.

The mark of false religion, is the idea, that, we can earn our own salvation through our own works. "...the plowing of the wicked is sin." Proverbs 21:4. As long as we are in bondage to sin, it is impossible to earn our own salvation.

Jesus said, "Not every one that saith, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father, which is in heaven.

MANY will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity." (lawlessness) Matthew 7:21-23.

Jesus said, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God." John 3:3.

When we are born of His Spirit, we become children of God, having His life within us. And our Father knows us, because, we are His children. And we know Him - "And I will give them an heart to know Me, that I AM the Lord..." Jeremiah 24:7.

We are incapable of earning salvation by our works, because, we are sinners. It is by putting our faith in the works of the sinless Lamb of God - the Lord Jesus Christ, that, brings us into the Father's Kingdom.

First, we must agree with God, that, we are sinners. Then, we must believe, that, Jesus bore our sin upon the cross. Finally, we receive Him as our Lord, inviting His Spirit to live within us.

This brings us to eternal life, and we will live with Him in His Kingdom forever!

I am running into more and more atheists and those who say, that, Jesus is "a god" in Christian forums.

On Canadian Content, there are more atheists, then, Christians.

They need to know the way of salvation, while, we are, still, able to share it with them.

Biblically speaking of course their comment is incorrect.
Heb 1:8 ButG1161 untoG4314 theG3588 SonG5207he saith, ThyG4675 throne,G2362 O God,G2316is for ever and ever:G1519 G165 G165 a sceptreG4464 of righteousnessG2118is theG3588 sceptreG4464 of thyG4675 kingdom.G932

In this verse we see the Father calling the Son Ho' Theos or most high God. While this is just one example of why they are biblically incorrect they more than likely aren't really interested in apologetics. One thing that cannot be denied is your testimony. God is real in your life, He is a moving vibrant force in a Christians life and the personal interaction is incredible. Also you might remind these folks that Jesus's own enemies testified that His works were real. They could not deny what transpired in front of 10's of thousands of people, to do so would be ridiculous. Instead of denying what could not be denied they instead tried to find alternate excuses like- those miracles were of the devil. So in a way those who had the most to gain by discrediting Him give us testimony that they had witnessed these sings and miracles.
We know the greatest miracle of all is being born again into the Kingdom of God.
Many blessings in His Name, Larry.

I just wonder, why are they in a Christian forum, if they are not curious. I will keep sharing the Gospel with them.

Some are drawn, some come to learn, some come to mock and some come to disrupt. Whichever reason they came they are still being exposed to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Some may find that later in life they start remembering what was said.
Anyway it is up to those who run that forum to keep them from being to disruptive.

Back