the old testament

smellycat

Account Closed
the old testament

jesus sais that it was fullfilled with him.but keep Gods commands.cant see this world pushing these commands until the end ,until they have been corrupted.even when you think you are lost ask for help.

what do you think of the old testament,when you read jesus words in the new.to me it shows a battle for righteousness.you can learn a lot from the word about the old testament.He explains a lot which is suspect.

Understanding

One of the most important things to remember in the new Testament is a quote from Christ, Himself, regarding the Old Testament:

Matthew 5:17-19 (KJV) =

"17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Repeating from the New Living Translation for clarity

Matthew 5:17-19 (NLT) =

"17 Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved. 19 So if you ignore the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys God’s laws and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven."

Many persons conveniently overlook this scripture regarding the Commandments, laws of conduct, marriage laws, food laws, ordinances and statutes carried forth from the Old Testament. Christ replaced the blood sacrifice ordinances with Himself when He was Crucified, shed His blood and sacrificed Himself for all of us on the Cross.

Read carefully what Christ said in those three verses.

Living the Christian life is really a life changing event- Jesus did follow the law as He did come to fulfill it, we aren't supposed to live according to rules and regs but be led of the Spirit and as a child of God you do what pleases Him automatically- Paul said it best in these rwo scriptures:
Gal 5:18 But if you are being led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Gal 2:19
For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ.

God gave man laws he was not able to keep because of his fleshly weakness but now we both have something better and by our new nature do not want to steal, covet, kill , etc - below are some other scriptures to meditate on but the first two say it all- we live by the Spirit and not by our fleshly attempts to measure up- if you walk in the Spirit you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh and therefore will not violate law- many belssings in HIs Name Larry
Gal 5:4
Those of you who are trying to be justified by rhe law have been cut off from Christ. You have fallen away from grace.

Gal 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us. For it is written, "A curse on everyone who is hung on a tree!"
Rom 6:15 What, then, does this mean? Should we go on sinning because we are not under law but under grace? Of course not!
Rom 7:4 In the same way, my brothers, through Christ's body you also died as far as the law is concerned, so that you may belong to another person, the one who was raised from the dead, and may bear fruit for God.

Php 3:9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but one that comes through the faithfulness of Christ, the righteousness that comes from God and that depends on faith.

Heb 10:1 For the law, being only a reflection of the blessings to come and not their substance, can never, by the same sacrifices repeatedly offered year after year, make those who come near perfect.

Heb 7:18 Indeed, the cancellation of the former regulation has occurred because it was weak and ineffective
Heb 7:19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we approach God.

Rom 4:13
For the promise that he would inherit the world did not come to Abraham or to his descendants through the law, but through the righteousness produced by faith.
Rom 4:14 For if those who were given the law are the heirs, then faith is useless and the promise is worthless,

so jesus fullfilled the laws of moses.but he says dont break the least of Gods commands.as they say there is a time and a place for everything.Gods commandments are for all time.jesus ays Gods commands are not burdensome.this day and age society is trying to push us away from them .

You misunderstand my point- the bible is written to the sinner and the saint- the old man and the new (born again) man-a Christian doesn't live by rules but does what is pleasing to God by nature thus the "But if you are being led by the Spirit, you are not under the law"- Jesus ministered as a jew and to the jews- His ministry was to the lost- the new covenant and the church were not even born until the crucifiction and ressurection.

Back